Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

13 Novembre attacks in Paris

Comments

• Options
    Would have liked the game on Tuesday to have gone ahead. . With the whole crowd singing French National anthem .
  • Options

Game against France on Tuesday being switched to Wembley. Not sure whether I'm comfortable with this or not. Agree we need to make a stand but is it all not too raw to make a friendly match the flagship event to do so? Are we comfortable that all extra security measure will be in place in time in and around the stadium?

Apologies - it always was going to be at Wembley so isn't "being switched" but there was some doubt about it going ahead. Still not sure it should.
    The French are the victims in this.

If they want the game played it should be. If they don't then we respect that too.
  • Options

Game against France on Tuesday being switched to Wembley. Not sure whether I'm comfortable with this or not. Agree we need to make a stand but is it all not too raw to make a friendly match the flagship event to do so? Are we comfortable that all extra security measure will be in place in time in and around the stadium?

What??? It's always been at Wembley. I have a ticket.
  • Options
    Going to the game on Tuesday with some guys from our Paris office. Going to be a pretty heart wrenching affair I expect. I agree with people's points around the bizarre idea of cheering France on. I am hoping for a nice and loud round of applause after their national anthem has played (rather than the standard booing from the drunk yobs) then on with the game.

I still can't get my emotions in check - swinging from sadness to anger. I do fear for the world our children and grandchildren will grow up in. Even time in history that religion and / or politics has come together it ends in a pretty big way (WW2?!). There seems no way of stopping this escalating.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

The US hasn't had a major terrorist attack since 2001, we haven't had one for 10 years, yet France has now had 2 inside a year.
    i can't believe there are more nutters with grievances against the french than against the US and UK so i can only assume that french security checks aren't strong enough

Or something to do with the fact that half of the ISIS fighters from Europe are actually French....

http://news.yahoo.com/nearly-half-european-jihadists-syria-iraq-french-report-175845419.html
  • Options

until there are young British Muslim men on their way to Syria to fight ISIS.
    until thousands march in Paris and London chanting `not in our name'.
    I won't believe all this `it's only a few extremists' bull.
    Unfortunately for us and the French the silent majority of Muslims in our countries would quite happily live under Sharia.

A Turkish peace march last month saw 130 killed and 250 injured from co-ordinated suicide bombers at Ankara.

Sometimes Muslim news doesn't figure high in the western press, like the coverage given to yesterdays double suicide bombings in Lebanon killing 43 and wounding 200.

RIP all these innocent people
    i am aware of both events but isn't the idea not to give in to terrorism?
    A large scale demonstration in any form by British Muslims would be much appreciated by the general public I'm sure.
  • Options
    WSS said:

And that will be on show I'm sure.

Not sure I want to cheer their players though.

That's a bit weird when they're playing us.

Well excuse me if I happen to stand and clap when they walk out on the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Translated ISIS statement.
  • Options

And your point is? That there's a lot of ideologically driven sickos out there?
  • Options

Just something for those stating they're not religion motivated to soak up.
  • Options
    At least one fifteen year old, at least one woman and at least one French man were included within the terrorist attacks.

Despite this, I do not have an irrational fear of teenagers, women or French people.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Apologies - it always was going to be at Wembley so isn't "being switched" but there was some doubt about it going ahead. Still not sure it should.

If they want the game played it should be. If they don't then we respect that too.
    I totally agree with the sentiment but the French aren't the only victims in this. The Whole of humanity is.

We don't know the identities of these attackers yet. What if they have connections with potential terrorists in this country? Do we know that those that helped in this attack aren't intending to travel over? The French Secret Service, as stated in the article I posted earlier, have previously been found to be seriously lacking. Can they do all their homework in the next 72 hours so our own SS can then do what is required to shut them down?

These are suicide bombers and they see themselves as martyrs and that this would be a glorious way to go. Be it inside the stadium, in a nearby restaurant or on a bus or train. And yes it can happen at any time. But how much more of an impact would it be to repeat the message so close to the previous one?
  • Options
    http://thestoryofmohammed.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/introduction_29.html

Thanks Queensland Adick.

I read this and found it fascinating and thought provoking.

A lot of things made sense for the first time.

No doubt the PC brigade will shoot me down but save your fingers chaps, as I am a sensitive fellow I won't bother to read your comments.

Actually you won't read the Book anyway, because you have your own Agenda.

However, I would urge anyone with an open mind to read it yourself and then comment.

• Options
    PC is a term easily thrown at people who don't tow a certain intolerant line of thinking, yet it is Political Correctness that the majority of peaceful Muslim folk ought to be teaching to the extremists in their community is it not?
  • Options
    Hi Oakster,

As a matter of interest did you read the book and comment, or just comment?

Let me guess.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

LenGlover said:

I totally agree with the sentiment but the French aren't the only victims in this. The Whole of humanity is.

We don't know the identities of these attackers yet. What if they have connections with potential terrorists in this country? Do we know that those that helped in this attack aren't intending to travel over? The French Secret Service, as stated in the article I posted earlier, have previously been found to be seriously lacking. Can they do all their homework in the next 72 hours so our own SS can then do what is required to shut them down?

These are suicide bombers and they see themselves as martyrs and that this would be a glorious way to go. Be it inside the stadium, in a nearby restaurant or on a bus or train. And yes it can happen at any time. But how much more of an impact would it be to repeat the message so close to the previous one?
    And this is the latest release from Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner:

"We've done an awful lot of preparation," he said, but "last night was different".

What we have to do is reflect on what happened in Paris last night, about the way in which the attack took place. We'll want to know the people who were involved, we'll want to know the motive behind the attack and we'll want some very tactical things: Where did they get the weapons? Where did they get the ammunition? Is there anything we can learn in this country to either help the French in their bid to cut off that supply or make sure that neither the people involved or the weapons involved materialise on the streets of this city or any part of this country?"
  • Options

Disagree with someone's point of view? Just censor them!

Why not just flag things that you don't agree with, even if they are not offensive but simply pose a viewpoint that is different to yours? We don't want our opinions challenged after all, that's just not nice, is it?

Oh, you can also just call them a racist if you can't be bothered to understand their arguments - after all, as has been shown above, it automatically wins an argument - any argument.

There's also the offence card, I mean if you decide to be offended, then everybody else should just shut up, right?

It's amazing how those who openly advertise their 'tolerance' have a knee jerk response to silence the opinions of those that have the temerity to have a different opinion to their own.

I'm gone from this thread - there is simply no point trying to have a rational discussion with a closed mind.

You missed the "you're an uneducated thick ring wing supporter" card.
  • Options

Disagree with someone's point of view? Just censor them!

Why not just flag things that you don't agree with, even if they are not offensive but simply pose a viewpoint that is different to yours? We don't want our opinions challenged after all, that's just not nice, is it?

Oh, you can also just call them a racist if you can't be bothered to understand their arguments - after all, as has been shown above, it automatically wins an argument - any argument.

There's also the offence card, I mean if you decide to be offended, then everybody else should just shut up, right?

It's amazing how those who openly advertise their 'tolerance' have a knee jerk response to silence the opinions of those that have the temerity to have a different opinion to their own.

I'm gone from this thread - there is simply no point trying to have a rational discussion with a closed mind.

You missed the "you're an uneducated thick ring wing supporter" card.
    Swings and roundabouts. I've already seen a looney "lefties" card thrown into the mix.

Name calling, by anyone, gets us nowhere.
  • Options
    genevajim said:

Hi Oakster,

Let me guess.

So you will read comments then?
  • Options

Just something for those stating they're not religion motivated to soak up.
    Maybe I missed it then and aologies if so but who's saying that they aren't motivated by their interpretation of their religion? I haven't seen anyone suggest they are doing it for anything other than that in fact.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

We need to remember It's not all Muslims it's purely the extremist community and isis. The vast majority of Muslims are peaceful so don't go tarring the community with the same brush.

Christians and Catholics can hardly say a thing, their history shows they both once had equally bloodthirsty extremists themselves.

Chizz said:

WSS said:

And that will be on show I'm sure.

Not sure I want to cheer their players though.

That's a bit weird when they're playing us.

Well excuse me if I happen to stand and clap when they walk out on the pitch.
    </blockquote

I think most poeple will Chizz, just that your previous comment may have sounded as though you were supporting them over England.

I would like to see the players line up English French English French etc with arms around the shoulders for both the anthems.
  • Options
    I've taken the TGV to Strasbourg many times and often wondered at how devastating a derailment would be. Thoughts go to the people on that train - and those that have to clear up and those who have to break awful news.
  • Options
    genevajim said:

Hi Oakster,

Let me guess.

No - because your use of the term "PC Brigade" tells me all I need to know about it thanks.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!