Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

13 Novembre attacks in Paris

Comments

• Options

@IAgree is spot on. Waste of time posting on this thread.

What should be a thread marking respect of those 120+ that have lost their lives and their families they have left behind, and showing support for a nation that is in mourning and in shock, has become somewhere for people to use the tragedy to spout their politics. Arguments, fighting, disagreements, flagging etc is NOT showing respect. Tomorrow morning I am taking my children to church with 3 candles one red one white and one blue, they will be lit in memory of those that have been taken, we will then pray for them, for their families, for Paris and for humanity. To me that is more important than point scoring and politics at a time of sadness.

RIP

Good on you. But unfortunately that alone will not prevent further attacks. Tough discussions and arguments need to be had if we are to have any hope of solving these problems. That will involve strong minds with equally strong wills implementing strong and unpopular policies. Politics is very much involved.
  • Options
    Very sad. Another step closer towards an East West war. If only Nostradamus was around now to pick my horses and lottery numbers.
    Seriously, RIP to all those victims.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Another liar making capital from other people's suffering.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Only a matter of time before something happens in London.

All well and good tightening security taking extra precautions etc,etc. ,but you can't legislate for somebody driving past in a car and gunning people down. Particularly when these scumbags are quite happy to blow themselves up. These people know no boundaries.

A couple of times I've been on the London Underground and felt very uncomfortable being near a Muslim with a rucksack and felt the need to move. A Muslim who was no doubt going about his business and no threat whatsoever to society -but how can you be certain?

Very sad times indeed, but the sadder thing is that is now a way of life.

RIP to all those that have pointlessly lost their lives. Children who have been robbed of their parents. Why? Just Why?
  • Options
    That video is all very clever, but why don't I feel afraid of all the Muslims I know. Are they all secretly planning to kill me?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    she's a bit of alright but I don't think the same for her views. no thought of the consequences in her rant.
  • Options

she's a bit of alright but I don't think the same for her views. no thought of the consequences in her rant.
    I think she and her views are a bit of alright, pretty much sums up my feelings anyway.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

It's when you have to explain all this devastation and needless ending of life to your kids I hate.
    I,like many others on here, grew up in a pretty sheltered and secure world. Yes there were troubles,but none so brutal and as in your face as today.
    Telling your kids that they live in a very dangerous time and that they have to be very careful of where they go or who they see is heartbreaking and unjust.
    I'm not one for bowing down to these cowards, but the fact my kids lives are going to be very differently shaped to that of my own childhood is upsetting.
    RIP to all lost.

I like the humanity of your post. We talked about it this morning (my girls are teenagers). We basically concluded that this type of this is going to happen in London, but we can't spend the rest of our lives cowering indoors.
    I gave them some perspective by telling them about the IRA, plus the fear of nuclear war that my generation grew up with.
    It is certainly pretty bleak though.
  • Options
    Reporting on RT news of shots and explosions in a western suburb of Paris happening now
  • Options
    You know a terrorist organisation is bad when even al queda want them gone.
  • Options
    don't really see what was funny nor abusive about my post
  • Options
    What other?
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

Reporting on RT news of shots and explosions in a western suburb of Paris happening now

They also claimed The Jungle was on fire last night, which turned out to be false
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

E-cafc said:

They also claimed The Jungle was on fire last night, which turned out to be false
    Well, let's wait and see shall we?
  • Options
    From RT.com:

12:50 GMT
    A connection between a man arrested in Germany last week in possession of automatic weapons and explosives, and the attacks in Paris, has been "established," according to the president of Bavaria, Horst Seehofer, as cited by Le Monde.
  • Options
    It's an astonishing fact that, in the last 72 hours more people have been shot in the United States than have been murdered in Paris. We're living through difficult times, both in terms of domestic violence and international terrorism.
  • Options
    Glosfan said:

What, take down a video that disagrees with you? Isn't that an attempt to curtail free speech? Yes it's pretty strong stuff and no I don't agree with all of it, but people have got to be allowed to criticise Islam without being labelled. People have fought wars and lost their lives so we can have freedom of speech...political correctness cannot be used to stop it now. If you don't agree with him, argue against him and what he says.

Why argue with a racist fool ? It's a pointless exercise.
  • Options

Why argue with a racist fool ? It's a pointless exercise.

And by that statement, you have just proved the very point I was making. I don't need to say any more.
  • Options
    Gatwick evacuated.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Well it is, this has already become a left vs right argument.. Anti immigration etc. The facts are, the last 2 attacks on French soil were by there own nationals that had been converted. Our 7/7 attacks were also home grown, so the anti immigration tripe that is going round is pointless
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!