Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protests v Ipswich 28/11/15

124»

Comments

• markmc68 said:

It will be like a Barry manilow concert. Not that I know. Honest.

With this owner I'd suggest, more like a One Direction concert. ;)
  • Just what everyone was afraid of, same old Charlton fans. This is why we won't accomplish anything. See you this time next year.

Don't get this?

What are you planning to do then?

maybe I'm reading this wrong but you seem to be blaming others with "same old Charlton fans" but you have to make your own decisions and actions, not just wait on others.
    I thought I made it clear that the top of this that all I was doing was putting a thread where people could put their ideas on what could be done. I then stated an idea that I'd come across on Facebook, didn't endorse it or condemn it. However I think it took 1 or 2 comments for someone to throw it at me.

As for 'same old Charlton fans' I think that most people at the protest against Wednesday had a feeling that a few wins and *most* would turn a blind eye again and to me it looks like it's happening now, we beat Ipswich, Fraeye gets the job and we end up 13th, all ready for it to start again next year.

The thing that I want fans to realise is that you can support the team and protest. As you can see from the Wednesday game, that was probably the best atmosphere we've had all season. BUT, is that really going to achieve anything? It took a lot more than a few songs and a banner to even remotely threaten Roland at Liege and as happy as I am for it to be a start, I just can't see people committing to anything more... Which may be needed.
    Fair enough but you are talking a lot about others and what they are or aren't doing.

You think a lot more is needed but what?

What are you suggesting and what are YOU personally going to do?

Not digging you out but I read a lot about "we" should do this or that and "someone" should organise/start/arrange this, that or the other but not so much "I'm going to......"
    I have the leadership skills of a wet flannel. Believe me if I honestly felt like I would even have a chance of starting anything I would. Not to say that if I did think of anything I wouldn't try to put it forward, but sadly that doesn't really come to me that easily.
    You don't have to be a leader. "Be the change you wish to see" as Gandhi said

Protest, wear a scarf, take a tennis ball, whatever it is you wish to see happen, do it. But don't wait for others.
    I plan on doing any of those things, I'm just trying to get others to as well.
  • Or if everyone is honest, if the team were performing like the first set of fixtures no one would have protested anyway

If Roland was poor he'd be a beggar, I see where you're coming from but what's happened has happened, and I for one want to change it.
    You mentioned tennis balls which I have to say is plain daft even if it wasn't your idea. The CCTV inside the stadium is such that anyone throwing things onto the pitch is likely to get a long ban.

The guy owns the club which has to fall in with financial regulations. If you want to change things you need to find a buyer with a lot of money.
  • Just what everyone was afraid of, same old Charlton fans. This is why we won't accomplish anything. See you this time next year.

Don't get this?

What are you planning to do then?

maybe I'm reading this wrong but you seem to be blaming others with "same old Charlton fans" but you have to make your own decisions and actions, not just wait on others.
    I thought I made it clear that the top of this that all I was doing was putting a thread where people could put their ideas on what could be done. I then stated an idea that I'd come across on Facebook, didn't endorse it or condemn it. However I think it took 1 or 2 comments for someone to throw it at me.

As for 'same old Charlton fans' I think that most people at the protest against Wednesday had a feeling that a few wins and *most* would turn a blind eye again and to me it looks like it's happening now, we beat Ipswich, Fraeye gets the job and we end up 13th, all ready for it to start again next year.

The thing that I want fans to realise is that you can support the team and protest. As you can see from the Wednesday game, that was probably the best atmosphere we've had all season. BUT, is that really going to achieve anything? It took a lot more than a few songs and a banner to even remotely threaten Roland at Liege and as happy as I am for it to be a start, I just can't see people committing to anything more... Which may be needed.
    Fair enough but you are talking a lot about others and what they are or aren't doing.

You think a lot more is needed but what?

What are you suggesting and what are YOU personally going to do?

Not digging you out but I read a lot about "we" should do this or that and "someone" should organise/start/arrange this, that or the other but not so much "I'm going to......"
    I have the leadership skills of a wet flannel. Believe me if I honestly felt like I would even have a chance of starting anything I would. Not to say that if I did think of anything I wouldn't try to put it forward, but sadly that doesn't really come to me that easily.
    You don't have to be a leader. "Be the change you wish to see" as Gandhi said

Protest, wear a scarf, take a tennis ball, whatever it is you wish to see happen, do it. But don't wait for others.
    I plan on doing any of those things, I'm just trying to get others to as well.
    Good, although the tennis balls could be an issue.

Leadership isn't always about making Churchillian speeches or coming up with ideas.

Some times it is a simple as, and most effective, saying "I'm going to be doing this" and taking that first step forward.

Viva La Revolution
  • I am not going to watch a load of morons throwing tennis balls onto the pitch on Saturday what a load of bollocks. We have another tough fixture but one we can win. KF has just produces to wins on the bounce as good as any results we have gained since RD took over. This is one I am really looking forward too. As for black and white scarfs this has no meaning to me, so will not be joining in with this either. The real issue for me is the Trust. Do they support the majority of fans wishing RD to sell up or not. Are they happy with KM if she meets then on a regular basis or do they see her as a lying bitch who is playing them and want to see her go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Throwing tennis balls on to the pitch or refusing to throw the match ball back when it goes out for a throw(happened at the last home game) is an awful way to protest. Just makes us look pathetic.
  • sam3110 said:

Throwing tennis balls on to the pitch or refusing to throw the match ball back when it goes out for a throw(happened at the last home game) is an awful way to protest. Just makes us look pathetic.

Refusing to throw the ball back was to waste time as we were winning the match
    Which could have come back to bite us, as it gave the opposition more time to equalise!
  • Think we need a funeral.
  • edited November 2015

Think we need a funeral.

Probably be a wake in the Lord Herbert if we lose :smile: