Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protests v Ipswich 28/11/15

Comments

• Some sort of action should go ahead at the televised Ipswich game. Something peaceful, a show of unity for those that are unhappy, that will not impinge on others, will not turn violent and will not cause health & safety issues, which concerns some.

The best way, taking into account the above, for the cameras to see this, is for all the supporters who are unhappy to turn their backs on the field of play at an agreed time or enter the stadium late, so we are taking our seats within 5 mins of kick off.

Now I fully back the team and do not want to affect them. So perhaps any back turning should be done when the players have exited the field at half time, as many will not being purchasing food & drink in any case.
    NB black & white scarves & balloons are still a good idea as they are visual & a demonstration outside the West is still fine by me.

Who would notice this? Board will be in their lounge having cups of tea and SKy would be showing adverts.
  • seth plum said:

If there are really only 2% of fans dissenting it would be difficult to interrupt, or stop, or have the game abandoned, but if the game was disrupted, it would show the disaffected is a lot more than 2%.

93% according to the Trust survey. That silent majority of 7% showed us!
  • jamescafc said:

Hopefully more than "2%" show up this time

Maybe we 2p.c. are the only people who are bothered. Personally I was not impressed by some of the foul language
  • There needs to be something in the ground as well. Personally I don't think tennis balls is the worst idea. Protests outside the ground pre match won't get as much attention. We need something outside of the box which will really generate interest, and ideally at the same time seriously piss off the Belgian scum

''piss off the Belgian scum'' Is that not racist?
  • waldo said:

There needs to be something in the ground as well. Personally I don't think tennis balls is the worst idea. Protests outside the ground pre match won't get as much attention. We need something outside of the box which will really generate interest, and ideally at the same time seriously piss off the Belgian scum

Xenophobic ;-)
  • waldo said:

There needs to be something in the ground as well. Personally I don't think tennis balls is the worst idea. Protests outside the ground pre match won't get as much attention. We need something outside of the box which will really generate interest, and ideally at the same time seriously piss off the Belgian scum

No it's to differentiate them from the other scum that sit around them in the directors box I guess
  • What about waving your private parts at them or farting in their general direction?
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Sky do build up to the game and normally the stadium is quiet. Why not hold the protest in the ground at 2:30? They will pick this up IMO

That'll be a problem, the game would have finished by 2.
  • In light of the fact too many people seem to think disrupting the game is a no no, even though it would without doubt be noticed and discussed by the media etc, I think the next best options are either:

- A clear and well-organised walk-out after x amount of minutes, stay on the concourse then return 10mins later to whatever chants people think are most effective; or

- A protest like the one in the West Stand Car Park, BUT IN THE GROUND, after the game has finished. All those not intereted will have left and all those who do care can congregate in a certain (lower tier) stand and sing/shout/hold up banners etc. Sky and other media will still be around and pick up on it i'm sure, as will everyone in the Lounges. Plus the singing will be helped by the acoustics compared to outside.

I prefer the 2nd option as the first one will be performed by people spread out in all three stands and thus may lack the desired visual affect.

Ideas like turning up x minutes after the game has started just won't be noticed in a ground as sparse as ours these days.

And turning our back on play, or being silent, again just won't be noticed i'm afriad.
  • In every game there is always a lull, normally when a player goes injured (after half hour or so) if we can all start standing and sing/protest at that time the commentators should/will make a comment about it. Obviously we will have to publicise in every part of the 'evil' social media which KM hates.

It is only an idea but I thought I should try to come up with something.

Perhaps we should try a number of things so hopefully one of them would be noticed.
  • Sponsored links:

• I won't be there so I can't help or organise it, but I think some banners using the same slogans as Standard had (including some in French) would get noticed. It would be very unusual for English fans to protest in French, so during lulls in play, Sky might actually pick it up and even discuss it. Also, certain phrases in French might appear on TV whereas the English equivalent wouldn't. If the aim is to use the TV coverage to make the protest viral, then that's my 2p.

One slogan I've seen a couple of times is "Notre passion n'est pas un jeu" - our passion is not a game.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Keep it simple.

After 5 mins, in recognition of our recent run of successful managers, hit them with a STAND UP, IF YOU WANT THEM OUT! Non-abusive, not directed at the fragile female, but everyone knows who we mean, and so do they.

That would be the signal to wave the Black and White scarves, Balloons and hold up the ROLAND OUT signs.

IF you want to join in, good. If you don't want to join in, that's fine. Everyone has a choice. We'll soon see if it's a 2% minority.

Publicise it early, so the SKY cameras are poised to pick it up.

It's a generic term, so Leeds could join in at their end in the next game, if they are tipped off. Similar to the STAND UP IF YOU HATE PALACE at the Brighton games, when the whole ground stands-up.

Good approach
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Sky do build up to the game and normally the stadium is quiet. Why not hold the protest in the ground at 2:30? They will pick this up IMO

Sky will have finished their broadcast by 2.30 ;)
    Pat on the head! How rewarding it must be to correct others mistakes!!!

I wish I was you!

The time is irrelevant the point is still valid.
    Haha!
    That's a lovely little overreaction to a light hearted dig.
    Life's too short old chap.
  • At a certain time during the match everybody with a smart phone sticks their flash on or torchlights on. It will cause a stir and Sky will have to comment. No good if you suffer with epilepsy. At which point the whole crowd sing We want Roly out.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Keep it simple.

After 5 mins, in recognition of our recent run of successful managers, hit them with a STAND UP, IF YOU WANT THEM OUT! Non-abusive, not directed at the fragile female, but everyone knows who we mean, and so do they.

That would be the signal to wave the Black and White scarves, Balloons and hold up the ROLAND OUT signs.

IF you want to join in, good. If you don't want to join in, that's fine. Everyone has a choice. We'll soon see if it's a 2% minority.

It's a generic term, so Leeds could join in at their end in the next game, if they are tipped off. Similar to the STAND UP IF YOU HATE PALACE at the Brighton games, when the whole ground stands-up.

good idea!
  • I just don't think sky will be that interested unless it's something different and/or something they can't ignore.

The TV coverage doesn't start until fifteen minutes before kick off, and a good five of that is used for adverts.

Something during the game is probably the way to go but I'm not sure what can be done to make this one stand out, rather than just another football protest to an armchair fan.
  • markmc68 said:

At a certain time during the match everybody with a smart phone sticks their flash on or torchlights on. It will cause a stir and Sky will have to comment. No good if you suffer with epilepsy. At which point the whole crowd sing We want Roly out.

can the older folks just set light to their Saga coach trip brochures?
  • markmc68 said:

At a certain time during the match everybody with a smart phone sticks their flash on or torchlights on. It will cause a stir and Sky will have to comment. No good if you suffer with epilepsy. At which point the whole crowd sing We want Roly out.

can the older folks just set light to their Saga coach trip brochures?
    Gonna have to be a bloomin' powerful torch / flashlight seeing its going to be at the height of daytime.

Good protest to do but will only be effective on a Tuesday night
  • It will be like a Barry manilow concert. Not that I know. Honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• There are more questions than answers
    pictures in my mind that will not show
    There are more questions than answers
    The more we find out the less we know.
    I've asked the question time and time again
    Why break even, why not more
    Oh, what is life, how do we live with this CAFC fans
    What should we take and how much should we give ?
  • In light of the fact too many people seem to think disrupting the game is a no no, even though it would without doubt be noticed and discussed by the media etc, I think the next best options are either:

- A clear and well-organised walk-out after x amount of minutes, stay on the concourse then return 10mins later to whatever chants people think are most effective; or

- A protest like the one in the West Stand Car Park, BUT IN THE GROUND, after the game has finished. All those not intereted will have left and all those who do care can congregate in a certain (lower tier) stand and sing/shout/hold up banners etc. Sky and other media will still be around and pick up on it i'm sure, as will everyone in the Lounges. Plus the singing will be helped by the acoustics compared to outside.

I prefer the 2nd option as the first one will be performed by people spread out in all three stands and thus may lack the desired visual affect.

Ideas like turning up x minutes after the game has started just won't be noticed in a ground as sparse as ours these days.

And turning our back on play, or being silent, again just won't be noticed i'm afriad.

Trouble with this is that if there is a particularly exciting passage of play at this point - unlikely I grant you - no one will act. Imagine we were 2-0 down, nip one back and then launch an attack. No ones gonna walk out/turn their backs at this point are they?
  • I 100% would because there is a much bigger picture than any one game but yes you're probably right, alot of people wouldn't and therein lies the problem.
  • Trouble with this is that if there is a particularly exciting passage of play at this point - unlikely I grant you - no one will act. Imagine we were 2-0 down, nip one back and then launch an attack. No ones gonna walk out/turn their backs at this point are they? (Drewman)

You can still turn your back and look over your shoulder. (:
  • vffvff
    edited November 2015
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Keep it simple.

Leeds supporters are not keen on Masimo Cellino a protest at the same time against owners would be sure to make some headlines.
  • cafctom said:

The walk out is the most effective that doesn't disrupt the game, by quite some way as well I think.

Banners and scarves probably won't be picked up, and even if they are they don't make that much of an impact. A walk out by three full stands would go viral - everyone would know about it.

But as I've said previously - I'm not convinced our fanbase has the bottle to do it.

Bottle?
  • edited November 2015
    cafctom said:

The walk out is the most effective that doesn't disrupt the game, by quite some way as well I think.

Banners and scarves probably won't be picked up, and even if they are they don't make that much of an impact. A walk out by three full stands would go viral - everyone would know about it.

But as I've said previously - I'm not convinced our fanbase has the bottle to do it.

It takes more Bottle to turn up and Stay than to walk out.

Why do you think that the majority of Newcastle,Hull and Cardiff fans carried on going to support their team, not the owners when they had a massive disagreement on Names, colours of shirts ETC. They also wanted their clubs back.
  • Loads of black and white balloons would be good and if they happen to make their way on the pitch, would be picked up by the sky cameras but may not cause the game to be disrupted.
  • CAFCdamo said:

Loads of black and white balloons would be good and if they happen to make their way on the pitch, would be picked up by the sky cameras but may not cause the game to be disrupted.

Just Reza to be pushed off the ball by one of them and injure himself

:smiley: