Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protests v Ipswich 28/11/15

I've noticed that there have been a lot of ideas suggested on several different threads, but to make it as organised and successful as possible I think it'd be best to get all ideas etc collated on to one thread so everyone knows what's happening.

Just to get the ball rolling on Facebook I've seen several posts about the idea of taking whistles and/ or tennis balls in order to disrupt the game/ gain media attention as the game is on sky.

Comments

• edited November 2015
    haha fucking tennis balls! brilliant. Just wait for the shout of Multi ball!
  • Not a fan of disrupting the game. Same as before. Sky will be based in the west stand car park as well.
  • Tennis balls. Tennis. Balls.
  • Ffs!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jesus Christ, don't come at me haha. Only putting forward ideas I've seen.
  • Hopefully more than "2%" show up this time
  • There needs to be something in the ground as well. Personally I don't think tennis balls is the worst idea. Protests outside the ground pre match won't get as much attention. We need something outside of the box which will really generate interest, and ideally at the same time seriously piss off the Belgian scum
  • Sponsored links:

• Attend the game
    Give the players support for 90 minutes during the game regardless of the result
    Do not spend a penny at the valley
    Give it to KM before the game if she dare show her face and remember that what ever you do Seth Plum will beg her forgiveness after
    And always remember we are Charlton Athletic and will demonstrate wherever we want despite the Trust
  • edited November 2015
  • edited November 2015
    Isn't the tennis ball thing nicked from a game that got moved because of the TV channel showing tennis? It made sense then, and had a bit of wit about it. It wouldn't now.
  • Same as the Sheff Wed game, and banners in the ground.

Simple but gets the message across that we didn't swallow the rubbish from Tuesday evening.
  • Some sort of action should go ahead at the televised Ipswich game. Something peaceful, a show of unity for those that are unhappy, that will not impinge on others, will not turn violent and will not cause health & safety issues, which concerns some.

The best way, taking into account the above, for the cameras to see this, is for all the supporters who are unhappy to turn their backs on the field of play at an agreed time or enter the stadium late, so we are taking our seats within 5 mins of kick off.

Now I fully back the team and do not want to affect them. So perhaps any back turning should be done when the players have exited the field at half time, as many will not being purchasing food & drink in any case.

NB black & white scarves & balloons are still a good idea as they are visual & a demonstration outside the West is still fine by me.
  • Sure the team understand whats happening so i would like to hope they would not be affected, as they would understand the reasoning behind it
  • I think Just stay in the concourse for the first 10 mins of the game then walk in singing WE WANT OUR CHARLTON BACK with banners will get the message across and would probably get the attention of the cameras . Not disrupting the game
  • Sponsored links:

• Sky do build up to the game and normally the stadium is quiet. Why not hold the protest in the ground at 2:30? They will pick this up IMO
  • If there are really only 2% of fans dissenting it would be difficult to interrupt, or stop, or have the game abandoned, but if the game was disrupted, it would show the disaffected is a lot more than 2%.