Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Our New Manager?

Comments

• edited November 2015

Have it on pretty good authority that Fraeye is going to be appointed permanently. Hardly ground-breaking news, I know.

Extremely credible source. Please don't ask me to name.

If and when that happens then expect another protest at the next home game - but with 5 times the number who attended last time.
    Get in... Means a 6-2 win ;)
    Was just thinking that... happy days are here again the sky above is clear again!!!!

Have it on pretty good authority that Fraeye is going to be appointed permanently. Hardly ground-breaking news, I know.

If and when that happens then expect another protest at the next home game - but with 5 times the number who attended last time.
    Get in... Means a 6-2 win ;)
    Just can we not protest a third time... I'll be exhausted and wont have the energy to walk up the hill to my car
  • Fraeye to be confirmed as Head Coach by weekend supposedly.

But why not now, or 1 minute after the meeting this evening has finished?
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Owners rarely sack the manager without having someone in mind. I fully believe that Malky Makay was that someone but the reaction by some of our 'ever so precious' support has no doubt made them think twice. If that is the case then it would seem that RD & KM are trying to make an appointment this time that will appease the majority.

Interesting that Mark Stow is the new Club Scout and was previously with Malky at Watford and Cardiff
  • Fraeye to be confirmed as Head Coach by weekend supposedly.

But why not now, or 1 minute after the meeting this evening has finished?
    Because there's an international break and it's over two-weeks until our next home fixture. Yes, Katrien Meire is that naive and thinks we're all fickle and stupid and will forget about it by the Ipswich game. Oh how wrong you are Katrien.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Owners rarely sack the manager without having someone in mind. I fully believe that Malky Makay was that someone but the reaction by some of our 'ever so precious' support has no doubt made them think twice. If that is the case then it would seem that RD & KM are trying to make an appointment this time that will appease the majority.

Interesting that Mark Stow is the new Club Scout and was previously with Malky at Watford and Cardiff
    Is that officially confirmed re Mark Stow? I've missed that, if so. What's his track record?
  • Metz now topping French Div 2, so our old friend Riga is doing pretty well?
  • BillG said:

Metz now topping French Div 2, so our old friend Riga is doing pretty well?

Typical Riga results as well. Only one game has had more than three goals and that was a 2-2 draw. All 2-1, 2-0, 1-0 wins with the odd 0-0 and 1-1. I still don't understand why he wasn't kept on.
  • Out of interest out of all the recently sacked managers with Championship experience who do people think will take us forward

Stuart Pearce but it will not happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Out of interest out of all the recently sacked managers with Championship experience who do people think will take us forward

Stuart Pearce but it will not happen.
    Just as well!
  • Thank god for that!
  • edited November 2015

Taxi_Lad said:

Is that officially confirmed re Mark Stow? I've missed that, if so. What's his track record?
    It was mentioned on another thread . Maybe that's why we signed Doyley.
    I only know that he worked for Watford and Cardiff .
  • Have it on pretty good authority that Fraeye is going to be appointed permanently. Hardly ground-breaking news, I know.

Well knock me down with a feather, - you mean our angelic CEO has been telling us porky pies?

I have believed KF would be appointed since the beginning. Benelux is best could be RD's motto.

Sadly I feel it will be extremely difficult/impossible for any manager to succeed with the present club structure as set up by our megalomaniac dear owner.

Only when players, coaches, fans & staff feel they are all 'singing from the same hymn sheet' can progress be made.

Just my opinion after 53 bruising years of supporting cafc.
    COYR
  • Have it on pretty good authority that Fraeye is going to be appointed permanently. Hardly ground-breaking news, I know.

A nose rubbing moment right at the end of the meeting?

It's well within her!

"And I'd like to thank you all for coming this evening. I heard all your thoughts on how to improve the clob going forward but won't take any of them on board. We payed our money now you can lump it. As a special bonus to you lucky few I'd like to reveal the results of our extensive new manager search. Please give a warm Welcome to Karel Fraye. So long suckers"
  • Just had a brief look at a Fulham forum and realised they and we are probably in two totally different worlds regarding finding new managers. http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=50843.360

They consider the likes of Paul Lambert and Nigel Pearson not good enough for them while we're worrying about the possibility of having Karel Fraeye as permanent head coach. The names mentioned by those Fulham fans are much higher profile managers. Probably not exactly right to draw a comparison between us and them seeing as we're way below them on the table at the moment. That said, we finished several places higher than them last season. I'm just thinking that what our owner/CEO will do is perhaps more like buying lottery tickets: the only hope that we can have now is Duchatelet or Meire finds someone not just cheap but more importantly good enough. The 'cheap' tag is guaranteed but 'good enough'? Erm... we can only count on luck....

They have a classic case of we're too big for this level syndrome. It makes sufferers think they are bigger and better than they actually are after falling out of the Best League In The World™. They then become deluded and start to believe that said league actually misses them. Norwich, Hull, QPR and now Fulham have fallen victim. The only remedy is another relegation, it knocks the arrogance out of everyone.

At the Fulham away game last year some prick I was speaking to on the train had the temerity to say that "it must be great for us to play at the cottage".
    Half the clubs in the PL need to realise that they are on loan to the PL, not permanent members, and that when they drop out the "best league in the world" will continue quite happily without them

Sadly many owners are as deluded as the supporters
  • colin1961 said:

BillG said:

Typical Riga results as well. Only one game has had more than three goals and that was a 2-2 draw. All 2-1, 2-0, 1-0 wins with the odd 0-0 and 1-1. I still don't understand why he wasn't kept on.
    Could not commit due to family reasons ...
    But weirdly got over them to take another job.
  • colin1961 said:

BillG said:

But weirdly got over them to take another job.
    And one much further away from Belgium (instead of being a Eurostar trip home)...
  • Sponsored links:

• And one member of that family, his son, stating in public that Jose wanted to stay at Charlton.
  • Riga was also available when Peeters was sacked but wasn't hired. Not for Charlton at least. Turned up at Standard a fee weeks after Luzon was appointed.

What odds can I get on Bob Peeters as next Charlton manager?
  • Riga was also available when Peeters was sacked but wasn't hired. Not for Charlton at least. Turned up at Standard a fee weeks after Luzon was appointed.

What odds can I get on Bob Peeters as next Charlton manager?

He is out of work as we speak.
  • I just don't get this...our motivational talk came from a BRITISH RSM, not KF. We played the best we have in ages, if as some people say KF is a good coach why didn't he change to the diamond against MK Dons? I believe, rightly or wrongly, that last Saturday was a combination of....supporters protest, RSM motivational speech and KF changing formation after consulting with JE. Therefore get a British manager in....keep KF as coach or scout and give a full-time 1st team role to JE. If not I think we will suffer again under KF, as others have one swallow etc etc.
  • Maybe have KF as manager and JE and someone else who can really motivate the players?
  • Sounds from the meeting as it will be KF. They will try to appease the fan base by promoting Euell and JJ.
  • When it's on the OS but no one would be surprised to see KF appointed full time.

And if we carry on winning a lot of people will be happy with that.

Underlying problem will remain though and in a fee months the issues will resurface.

Exactly.
  • colin1961 said:

BillG said:

You're talking rubbish.

I came back from Blackburn away last season and had an exchange with her on the train as it was approaching Euston.

I said that when you are successful at work you are rewarded with promotion, this I repeated 3-4 times. 3-4 times Meire repeated back to me that he was rewarded, and rewarded financially.
  • cafc999 said:

Maybe have KF as manager and JE and someone else who can really motivate the players?

Euell would be used as a tool to try and pacify the anger against Fraeye.

It MIGHT work but I have my doubts, certainly if the results do not change, Saturday aside that is!
  • Sounds from the meeting as it will be KF. They will try to appease the fan base by promoting Euell and JJ.

I actually wouldn't mind this