Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Our New Manager?

Comments

• Pedro45 said:

Lambert, Sherwood, Rogers, Moyes, and Pearson would all take us forward given the chance. When you start so far back, almost anyone would!

Seriously!!... Rodgers or Moyes...?

Rodgers is being linked with the Chelsea job for when Mourinho gets sacked and if he doesn't get it (Which I suspect) both him and Moyes will be happy to sit it out and for a Premier League job (Its not like they've flopped enough to have to drop a Division).

Sherwood... Wouldn't want him, as someone said, he doesn't appear to have any tactical sense about him

I made a call for Paul Lambert but I suspect that both him and Nigel Pearson will go to clubs much higher in the Championship (If they drop at all), especially as Fulham and Queens Park Rangers have positions available whilst I wouldn't be surprised if Lambert is waiting for the Celtic job.

We're either going to get someone from the below list
    - A Manager from abroad
    - Someone from within (Jason Euell)
    - Someone who has failed in the Championship and needs another shot (e.g. Nigel Clough / Malky Mackay)
    - Someone from League One (e.g. Dean Smith / Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink)

How would people react if we went for Phil Parkinson out of curiosity?

After his exploits with Bradford, he's been linked with plenty of Championship clubs before now
  • Pedro45 said:

Lambert, Sherwood, Rogers, Moyes, and Pearson would all take us forward given the chance. When you start so far back, almost anyone would!

Seriously!!... Rodgers or Moyes...?

Rodgers is being linked with the Chelsea job for when Mourinho gets sacked and if he doesn't get it (Which I suspect) both him and Moyes will be happy to sit it out and for a Premier League job (Its not like they've flopped enough to have to drop a Division).

Sherwood... Wouldn't want him, as someone said, he doesn't appear to have any tactical sense about him

I made a call for Paul Lambert but I suspect that both him and Nigel Pearson will go to clubs much higher in the Championship (If they drop at all), especially as Fulham and Queens Park Rangers have positions available whilst I wouldn't be surprised if Lambert is waiting for the Celtic job.

We're either going to get someone from the below list
    - A Manager from abroad
    - Someone from within (Jason Euell)
    - Someone who has failed in the Championship and needs another shot (e.g. Nigel Clough / Malky Mackay)
    - Someone from League One (e.g. Dean Smith / Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink)

How would people react if we went for Phil Parkinson out of curiosity?

After his exploits with Bradford, he's been linked with plenty of Championship clubs before now
    I almost posted Parky earlier but I don't think it would be a good idea for either party. He's doing well at Bradford and the fans love him. Why give that up when he could either get promoted with them or end up at a Championship club that will give him time rather than sack him after six months. I'd be open to Nigel Clough. I thought he did relatively well at Sheffield Utd, which is a tough job.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Owners rarely sack the manager without having someone in mind. I fully believe that Malky Makay was that someone but the reaction by some of our 'ever so precious' support has no doubt made them think twice. If that is the case then it would seem that RD & KM are trying to make an appointment this time that will appease the majority.

RD and KM haven't bothered listening to fans up to now, why would this attitude change? Same at Standard Liege in the past, from what I've read. It's Roly's game and whoever he chooses will get the job regardless of what the fans think.

Unless he is softening in his old age!!!
  • The thing is , if you're an owner of a football club, i can understand wanting to get the foundations right , in terms of living within your means , building up the academy ,producing your own players etc it all makes sense.

But if every season we are piling on 5 million quid plus worth of extra debt by staying in this division, wouldn't you change your approach , get a decent manager in and continue to strengthen the team properly, and push for promotion , in the hope that you could clear your debts when you got promoted , even if its only for 1 season, and then sell the club, and quit while you are ahead?
  • Getting in Malky Mackay didnt help Wigan last season...
  • Getting in Malky Mackay didnt help Wigan last season...

Jurgen Klopp once got relegated from the Bundesliga with Mainz.

Just because someone does poor in one team, doesnt mean they're instantly going to do great with another (Yes that works both ways)
  • Don't rate Malky that much. I think Nigel Clough would be a better fit, or A.C of course.
  • Out of interest out of all the recently sacked managers with Championship experience who do people think will take us forward

Why does it have to be a manager who has been sacked? What's so wrong with looking at promising managers in the Football League?

Of the free agents I'd go for Lambert, McDermott or Pearson.
    The three you mention were all recently sacked! but that's my point everyone talks about experienced managers what's wrong with up and coming talent
  • Sponsored links:

• Out of interest out of all the recently sacked managers with Championship experience who do people think will take us forward

Why does it have to be a manager who has been sacked? What's so wrong with looking at promising managers in the Football League?

Of the free agents I'd go for Lambert, McDermott or Pearson.
    The three you mention were all recently sacked! but that's my point everyone talks about experienced managers what's wrong with up and coming talent
    Like Karel Fraeye? ;)
  • edited November 2015
    Definition of "Interim" according to modern concise Duchatelet Antwerp dictionary

"Cheap,from Belgium or Benelux area,obedient, does what is told,loyal, servile,pointless, drab, may get a few wins, keep them on either way, everyone will get bored eventually, who cares anyway, vegetarian focaccia, nice pitch, girls name, video stream, creepy wanker in charge"
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Owners rarely sack the manager without having someone in mind. I fully believe that Malky Makay was that someone but the reaction by some of our 'ever so precious' support has no doubt made them think twice. If that is the case then it would seem that RD & KM are trying to make an appointment this time that will appease the majority.

Really? The board who have done things "their way" didn't appoint someone because of a few comments by fans on the Internet?
  • edited November 2015
    Just had a brief look at a Fulham forum and realised they and we are probably in two totally different worlds regarding finding new managers. http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=50843.360

They consider the likes of Paul Lambert and Nigel Pearson not good enough for them while we're worrying about the possibility of having Karel Fraeye as permanent head coach. The names mentioned by those Fulham fans are much higher profile managers. Probably not exactly right to draw a comparison between us and them seeing as we're way below them on the table at the moment. That said, we finished several places higher than them last season. I'm just thinking that what our owner/CEO will do is perhaps more like buying lottery tickets: the only hope that we can have now is Duchatelet or Meire finds someone not just cheap but more importantly good enough. The 'cheap' tag is guaranteed but 'good enough'? Erm... we can only count on luck....
  • I think Curbs will get the Fulham job to be honest
  • Just had a brief look at a Fulham forum and realised they and we are probably in two totally different worlds regarding finding new managers. http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=50843.360

They consider the likes of Paul Lambert and Nigel Pearson not good enough for them while we're worrying about the possibility of having Karel Fraeye as permanent head coach. The names mentioned by those Fulham fans are much higher profile managers. Probably not exactly right to draw a comparison between us and them seeing as we're way below them on the table at the moment. That said, we finished several places higher than them last season. I'm just thinking that what our owner/CEO will do is perhaps more like buying lottery tickets: the only hope that we can have now is Duchatelet or Meire finds someone not just cheap but more importantly good enough. The 'cheap' tag is guaranteed but 'good enough'? Erm... we can only count on luck....

Yeah, but what does their neutral section think?

I think Curbs will get the Fulham job to be honest

Hasselbaink the favourite.
  • I think Curbs will get the Fulham job to be honest

I get the impression that they don't want him. I got the same impression when he just joined them for the second time last season.
  • Who would have - guaranteed - done a better job over the last three matches than KF?
  • Chizz said:

Who would have - guaranteed - done a better job over the last three matches than KF?

We would have lost to Boro under most managers. No excuse for the non-performance in a key game at MK Dons though.

So in answer to your question, I reckon Brian McDermott and Paul Lambert for starters. Obviously there are no guarantees, same as you can't guarantee that Man United would beat Welling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Have it on pretty good authority that Fraeye is going to be appointed permanently. Hardly ground-breaking news, I know.

Extremely credible source. Please don't ask me to name.
  • Have it on pretty good authority that Fraeye is going to be appointed permanently. Hardly ground-breaking news, I know.

Surprise surprise.

A nose rubbing moment right at the end of the meeting?

It's well within her!

A nose rubbing moment right at the end of the meeting?

It's well within her!

I'm lost mate?
  • Taxi_Lad said:

You mean those who expressed concerns about their club being managed by a racist plum? Yeh, precious is one way of describing it.
    Then you are seriously suggesting the fans views made the owners think twice? Blimey, there must be hope for us yet.

Taxi for Mr. Taxi Lad

• I would not of been so surprised since i opened a Jamboree Bag in 1974 and found two sherbert flying saucers!!!!

If and when that happens then expect another protest at the next home game - but with 5 times the number who attended last time.

If and when that happens then expect another protest at the next home game - but with 5 times the number who attended last time.
    Get in... Means a 6-2 win ;)
    Was just thinking that... happy days are here again the sky above is clear again!!!!
  • Fraeye to be confirmed as Head Coach by weekend supposedly.