Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Katrien In?

Comments

• KM has certainly caused offence today but I'm not sure she intended to. In interviews I have seen she laughs to cover up embarrassment or to avoid answering difficult questions.

It's a fact that smiling is as an innate sign of submission, it is saying I am not a threat to a person showing aggression.

Personally I wouldn't make a big issue of it.
  • Yes but it's the way her lip curls up WHEN she smiles - it's unnerving !!
  • KM has certainly caused offence today but I'm not sure she intended to. In interviews I have seen she laughs to cover up embarrassment or to avoid answering difficult questions.

It's a fact that smiling is as an innate sign of submission, it is saying I am not a threat to a person showing aggression.

Personally I wouldn't make a big issue of it.

The smiling, as you say, is not the issue. Her abject performance since becoming CEO and her completely unsuitability to do the job is.
  • She was smiling as one of her witches power is time travel. She knew we would win the match.
  • She was not laughing at the fans according to a Charlton Lifer who was there with her. This is just going to turn into bullying and scapegoating.
  • . In interviews I have seen she laughs to cover up embarrassment or to avoid answering difficult questions.

I watched the last q&a earlier with her and Murray. She laughs at nearly everything.

The Problem for her on Tuesday is that the natives are seriously pissed off and the 'silly school girl giggling in the corner' routine will really rub people up the wrong way.

I can see Tuesday not running smoothly.
  • edited November 2015
    Godstone said:

She was not laughing at the fans according to a Charlton Lifer who was there with her. This is just going to turn into bullying and scapegoating.

Call it what you want but things will only improve when she has gone
  • Step forward all Charlton fans who have never screwed up...

The future is what matters. Let's hope the meeting on Tuesday moves things forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• . In interviews I have seen she laughs to cover up embarrassment or to avoid answering difficult questions.

I watched the last q&a earlier with her and Murray. She laughs at nearly everything.

The Problem for her on Tuesday is that the natives are seriously pissed off and the 'silly school girl giggling in the corner' routine will really rub people up the wrong way.

That all comes down to the people invited to ask the right and relevant questions and the CEO and Murray to be ALLOWED to reply.

A repeat of February is not the way forward.
  • Some of the name calling towards KM and RD on this and other threads is straight out of the playground.
  • I personally felt uncomfortable with grown adults making wanker gestures toward her, giving her the finger and screaming that she was a fucking slut etc who should fuck off back to Belgium. No problem with the 'we want our club back', 'you don't know what you're doing' and the 'you're not fit to run our club' chants etc but such personal abuse? No sorry.

I also didn't feel she was laughing at us, certainly ill advised without a doubt to put herself in the firing line with tensions running high

this.

• I not sure I have ever met a Charlton fan older than 5 who can't spell Bartram. Twat.

He can't spell "has" either
  • shirty5 said:

. In interviews I have seen she laughs to cover up embarrassment or to avoid answering difficult questions.

That all comes down to the people invited to ask the right and relevant questions and the CEO and Murray to be ALLOWED to reply.

I really don't think this is likely to be the problem . . .
  • We were in Crossbars before the game and she spent some time talking to people and fielding questions. Admittedly most of her replies were somewhat guarded but she did admit to the fact that the team - not the club - were in trouble, that they (I assume she meant the interim manager/coaching staff) were working to overcome this. Would not be drawn on appointment of new manager/players but insisted that there were enough games left to climb the table. Time will tell, but yesterday's performance may be the start. Can't recall such a positive start to a game since August -Hull/QPR.
  • Sponsored links:

• Excellent result for sure, but surprised across the various threads that this seems to be seen by some as the turning of the corner. It's one game, just as MK Dons was one game. Hard to believe that almost overnight an inept CEO has become a good one and a manager with almost no experience has become the answer. Let's be prepared to accept we were wrong in a month or two, and in the meantime keep up the pressure.
  • I'm some distance from all this so can only go by what I read on CL. Some time ago, when we were doing well and KM did a piece on the TV news, I seem to recall many positive comments about her, such as she was a great advertisement for the club, and that she was well respected by the other staff. Was it a case that people misjudged her badly then, or is it a case of people taking out their frustrations on her now because she is the public face of RD ?
    I have no idea and I find all this very confusing and the hatred aimed at her very distasteful and un Charlton like. Could it be a case that she has too much on her plate ATM and would greatly benefit from having far less input on the football side of things by allowing control of footballing matters to revert back to the manager, as they did under Curbs, or by appointing a director of football?
  • So is she a CEO or a puppet? As a CEO what would be her role?
  • Sam lloyd said:

Tayls, I'm a woman & I was there & I say that if KM can't stand the heat then she needs to get out of the kitchen :-)

So am I, and agree totally with Sam.

The problem on Tuesday is who exactly has been invited & of those invited have they had to submit their questions beforehand ?
  • shirty5 said:

. In interviews I have seen she laughs to cover up embarrassment or to avoid answering difficult questions.

Murray is Meire's minder. Nobody wants to talk to Murray.
  • Hmm, obviously some of you do not understand a human condition of nerves can make some people laugh through emotional stress.
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/happiness-in-world/201101/why-we-laugh

Might explain it, so we should not take her Grin personal.
  • edited November 2015

So is she a CEO or a puppet? As a CEO what would be her role?

Well here's a wiki entry that I think covers the bulk of it.

'Typically, the CEO/MD has responsibilities as a director, decision maker, leader, manager and executor. The communicator role can involve the press and the rest of the outside world, as well as the organization's management and employees; the decision-making role involves high-level decisions about policy and strategy. As a leader of the company, the CEO/MD advises the board of directors, motivates employees, and drives change within the organization.'

If the above is a fair reflection of what you'd expect a CEO to be doing, then I don't think she is very good at her job.
  • So is she a CEO or a puppet? As a CEO what would be her role?

Well here's a wiki entry that I think covers the bulk of it.

'Typically, the CEO/MD has responsibilities as a director, decision maker, leader, manager and executor. The communicator role can involve the press and the rest of the outside world, as well as the organization's management and employees; the decision-making role involves high-level decisions about policy and strategy. As a leader of the company, the CEO/MD advises the board of directors, motivates employees, and drives change within the organization.'

If the above is a fair reflection of what you'd expect a CEO to be doing, then I don't think she is very good at her job.
    Looks like Meire needs a new job title.