Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How Could The Owners Win You Over?

Comments

• Blackjack and hookers
  • Hire experienced championship manager, have communication with the fans and spend some bloody money!
    Simple !

not even bothered about the communication - they've stated what their plans are so i don't get all that but the other 2, yes, that would do it
  • Don't think they really care to be honest.
  • Too much has happened in a short time for us to start the relationship again. The chances of RD changing direction is the same as us storming into the Premier League in May. So the best thing is for them to go, and go now.
  • There's an awful lot of doom and gloom about the club at the moment, and I really hate it.

What for you would make you change your mind about their general running of the club, and put you in the happy camp / yep I know they've got some tough decisions to make, but I can see why they are doing what they are doing, and they've got my backing.

At the moment we seem to be a PR disaster, on and off the pitch.

If Roland and Katrien have got any sense, they'd realise you've got to listen to your 'customer' base if you want to have a future with them.

So what would you suggest?

How would they make me happy? Fekking off back to Belgium and selling the club would be a start.
  • Start running CAFC like a football club. Declare what the mysterious plan is. Start threating the fans with respect. Make realistic investments in the team and the club. Make us proud of your period of stewardship. Be open and honest.
  • I'm old fashioned, bunch of flowers, a box of chocolates, nice meal with more than 11 chips, three points on Tuesday, decent manager, in other words I'm easy!
  • RESULTS
    If our August form continued and we were top 6 still there wouldn't be a peep let's be honest.
  • Signing a player that I have heard of that isn't an out of contract cheapy that we'll bring in for a couple of months a la Johnson &'Eagles. Someone the fans can respect and be motivated by like when Curbs signed Mendonca or SCP signed Wright-Phillips. Would like to have seen us go in for Joey Barton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Might just add, reading that back, that I have no respect for Barton as a person, but I do as a footballer. Ditto Pennant.
  • Sell the club. That would win me over.

No matter who they sold it to?
  • A letter from RD - something like this ...

Dear Charlton fans,

I would like to apologise for the many mistakes I have made since taking over your football club.

First and foremost I would like to a apologise for being so dictatorial in all things Charlton. I now realise that the essence of any club is the sharing of a common interest. The very strength of any club is down to the people - whether they be supporters, staff or management. We must pool our ideas and aspirations in order to march forward in one cohesive force. Maybe I should look at every aspect of Charlton’s promotion/premiership years and try to learn from that?

I have completely misjudged the importance attached to the history of this little corner of SE London. Whilst the present and the future is vital to our very existence, I can now see that the heritage is of equal importance, and I would like to make a contribution to the museum in order to redress the balance. My ambition in future years is to take up a little corner of the museum with my own positive legacy.

It seems I have completely underestimated the strength of the Championship - and believe me I now feel really embarrassed by some of the footballers I have jetted in thinking that they would simply fit in and perform. You may have noticed that I have also changed the coach several times? I need to sit down and take some advice advice on this. Not everything the British have done this past 120 years is wrong. I will consequently tap into the talent that is within these shores in future.

Finally you may recall that I said this in June:

"I've been in the habit of counting my life expectancy. The average is seventy five years. That's my target. So I have 350 weeks left in good health. Quality of life and personal happiness are the most important things in my life".

Well for those of you not counting I am now 19 weeks down and have just 331 to go. I believe that I have seen the light and one’s happiness is most easily attained by making others happy. I have a few bob put by and let’s face it you can’t take it with you. I intend to massively increase my investment at the Valley. Although time is short I dream of my Charlton family chairing me round Wembley stadium - who knows what we could achieve together? COYR!

Roly.

Expect to receive this in the post by Friday!
  • RESULTS
    If our August form continued and we were top 6 still there wouldn't be a peep let's be honest.

so true.........depressing, but true
  • This is going to be very difficult, as the time for talking themselves out of this mess has been well and truly reached and breached in my opinion. The time for assessment, comment and reflection can come once I see some action, and optimistically that wont happen until the transfer window opens. Yes, I want good communication with the club, and I want to know about their long term strategy. I'd also like to know what is their perception of a successful tenure for a manager at this level..however what we need now is action on the pitch.

We need some players, experienced players...players who "have something to prove" who "are hungry" as one manager used to say. We need them fast, no waiting until 2330 on deadline day. Our squad needs assistance, and I fear we are damaging some of our younger players.

It goes without saying that we need to stay in this division, then I'd welcome their comments about how they plan to regain (and retain) some stability to our club.
  • RESULTS

But what does the original post actually mean ?
    Why is it depressingly true ?

If the owner was running the club properly, bringing-in the right coaching staff and players to get the results that put us in the top 6 - then nobody would be complaining ?

Are you just stating the obvious, or what is the point you are making ?
  • By not giving us the third lowest budget in the league and expecting us to finish higher than bottom three
  • RESULTS

If the owner was running the club properly, bringing-in the right coaching staff and players to get the results that put us in the top 6 - then nobody would be complaining ?

You're referring to my original post so allow me to elaborate, after the Hull win the sun was shining exiting the ground, we were 3rd/4th maybe? Addicks could be heard saying "shame brighton won we'd be top otherwise" or "cor that Kashi/Maikenok/Bauer what a signing!"
    There was no talk of protests or Roland out, Luzon out or Meire out was there?!
    I guess the point being us football fans, of all ages, shapes and sizes are fickle.
    Some of us just ashamed to admit it.
  • Sponsored links:

• RESULTS

You're referring to my original post so allow me to elaborate, after the Hull win the sun was shining exiting the ground, we were 3rd/4th maybe? Addicks could be heard saying "shame brighton won we'd be top otherwise" or "cor that Kashi/Maikenok/Bauer what a signing!"
    There was no talk of protests or Roland out, Luzon out or Meire out was there?!
    I guess the point being us football fans, of all ages, shapes and sizes are fickle.
    Some of us just ashamed to admit it.
    I take your point, BR7 .

Mr F pointed this out on our way back from Middlesbrough.

But what is happening on the pitch is only one of the symptoms of a serious health problem at our Club.

Together with the very worrying rumours we are now hearing, many loyal supporters fear that the "illness" could be terminal.

And we must pull together to ensure that a cure is found despite the best efforts of the current regime.

• Stop messing around with experimental ideas and approaches and start running a football club with the basics of

- decent players
    - enough players
    - experienced players
    - decent manager
    - experienced manager
    - no f*cking gimmicks
  • Netflix and chill.

• Failing that, a public acknowledgment that their initial strategy has failed, and that they are to pursue a new strategy based on on-going advice and management from British-based professionals with experience and in-depth knowledge of the Championship.

They don't need to apologise – just an admittance that they tried something in good faith, but it didn't work.
  • StigStig Moderator
    November 2 edited November 2
    It's gonna take a lot now because frankly I don't trust them any more. I've listed six items below, I reckon that if they can get five of those right I might start to change my mind but it's not going to be easy because they are so so far away from doing things right at the moment.

1. Publicly explain what they are playing at with our club. This would need to include assurances that they are committed to staying at The Valley, that they aim to progress up the league and that they aim to facilitate entertaining football.
    2. Enter into genuine dialog (not just one-off publicity stunts) with fans groups and experienced fans regarding how to arrest the decline in our club and get things on the right track.
    3. Appoint a 'manager' (not a head coach) with a proven track record at a suitably high level - not someone that's cheap or is already on the payroll. Make it clear in word and deed that the new manager is in charge of all team issues.
    4. Suitable investment in a team of sufficient strength and depth to stave off relegation this season and challenge at least to play-off level in following seasons.
    5. End all petty tinkering with the nature of our club. No more nonsense from Little Miss Nightmeire: we keep our traditions. We play in red, at The Valley and we come out to the tune of the Red Red Robin (loud and proud) - no more shitty gimmicks or ill thought out changes.
    6. Treat supporters with respect: Emails and correspondence to be replied to. Disabled supporters to be allowed correct and proper access. An end to rip-off prices over food and merchandising. Recognition that supporters are the life blood of the club, not just a bunch of cash cows to be milked for the benefit the 'owner'.

The above piece by Stig summarised very well the obvious and well thought out entries on this thread. But, there is a problem. I have read the article in the Times and the Football League paper, and I at last understand that Roland does not give a shit about our Club or it's supporters, or in fact anything else except himself. His network is a farce, proven in Belgium, he has dumped on us a series of second rate, presumably cheap coaches, and a CEO who hasn't got a clue. He knows it and he couldn't care less because he has got his own agenda. This Club is now in extreme danger, and there is no rescuer in sight. Don't expect anything from Roland or Katrien or anyone connected with them. We are like those poor people floating in the seas in a rubber dingy, helpness to save themselves. Bearing in mind other Clubs like Leeds and Blackpool I believe that its about time The Football League did something to earn their money, but don't hold your breath.
  • RESULTS

Nor would there be if we were top of the Premier League under Chris Powell. But we're not and, to be honest, both suggestions are distant dreams as things stand
  • Sadly, that's the conclusion I have belatedly reached, Granpa & it's worrying the life out of me.

I believe that KM stated recently that she isn't concerned about the effect West Ham's move to the OS will have on our Club.

Is that because our attendances will be so low by then, it will hardly matter ?

We HAVE to stop this downward spiral before it gains any further momentum & their Masterplan to destroy our beloved Club succeeds.

( Where is that knight on his white charger ?)
  • Miere clearly knows less about British Football than a budgie.

Yeah but she has brought in this guy to teach her a bit more...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=E_g1FgDHUyM
  • Macronate said:

position three more sofas at each corner flag.

increase the price of season tickets, food and drink.

charge to use the stadium toilets.

employ even more incompetent counter staff.

reduce the size of the squad.

recruit only network players.

ensure the stewards receive added training on how to stand at the top of the steps and get in the way.

make the club shop smaller and play hip hop music during trading hours.

sell the ground to baby seal hunters.

move us to a new site in Kent to return us to our roots.

end concessions to the over 60s who are unimportant and boring.

lie more.

No, I won't have that!!! Employ fewer less competent staff...