Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How Could The Owners Win You Over?

There's an awful lot of doom and gloom about the club at the moment, and I really hate it.

What for you would make you change your mind about their general running of the club, and put you in the happy camp / yep I know they've got some tough decisions to make, but I can see why they are doing what they are doing, and they've got my backing.

At the moment we seem to be a PR disaster, on and off the pitch.

If Roland and Katrien have got any sense, they'd realise you've got to listen to your 'customer' base if you want to have a future with them.

So what would you suggest?

Comments

• Buy my house and relocate me to the penthouse suite at Morden Wharf.
  • edited November 2015
    I imagine dieing a painful death is on plenty of people's rational agenda
  • Bring in an experienced manager, buy a couple of experienced pros in the transfer window, talk to the fans, treat us as customers, accept the fan base as it is and work on that for now so as to build towards bigger attendances, make use of the past knowledge that is out there, and bring back emphasis on community, kids events etc so as to guarantee fans among the next generation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hire experienced championship manager, have communication with the fans and spend some bloody money!
    Simple !

Almost the above...

Hire a British Manager... Someone who knows the Championship, they don't have to be experienced because everyone has to start somewhere, other than Paul Lambert, the ones that are free are the usual rubbish that just go the usual merry go round, someone mentioned Dean Smith (Walsall) the other day and I'd be happy with him in charge.

Communication... Agree with this.

Spend some Money... Spend so that Charlton are competitive, we can win promotion to the Premier League without spending bucket loads, at the end of the day it is Roland's money
  • Sell the club. That would win me over.
  • Sell the club. That would win me over.

And you don't care who to - just anyone.
  • PL54 said:

Sell the club. That would win me over.

Exactly what I said yeah...
  • Replace Chappel with an experienced championship scout and act on what he advises
  • PL54 said:

Sell the club. That would win me over.

Massimo cellino?
  • Give me a full refund for my season ticket
  • And get rid of that embarrassing sofa
  • I think all of your points are fair and reasonable @stig and I sense no urine or hair pulling.

On 6 though. Did the current lot hand over our catering and retail ?
  • Sponsored links:

• By fucking off.
  • dickplumb said:

Treat the Supporters with respect.

Too nebulous
  • Unlike some posters who shout "spend, spend, spend", I don't think it is about money. To borrow from @AFKABartram's piece which used the analogy of good relationships, a good relationship is not dependent how much money a partner brings in. It might help but it doesn't make the relationship successful or unsuccessful.

It's the same at Charlton. It's not how much Roland spends. It's about having a feeling of involvement. Players that you feel play for the club, a manager that you trust to make decent decisions mostly, a management that respects its fans, a management that understands how to run a football club more than me.

I'd rather we played in League One with a young or untalented squad that wanted to do its best rather than the (generally) dull bunch assembled to do some sort of job - not that I have any idea what the sort of job is.

Maybe, it's too much to ask. Maybe, I've been spoilt by an era where professionals stuck with their club, were loyal and did their best. Maybe, though, we are just surrounded by fools.

Sorry tma, I think people are not saying spend, spend spend.
    More spend SOME money, some being the operative word.
    We seem to have a thin squad due to low spending!
  • edited November 2015
    Win the next ten matches on the trot.

Start the work at Sparrows Lane by the end of November.
  • Many, many more chips per portion in the Valley Catering outlets.
    Yes, that should do it for me.