Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How Could The Owners Win You Over?

Comments

• edited November 2015
    RD can sack Cruella, hang Murray out to dry and then sell up and off
  • Make us proud to be Charlton again.
  • edited November 2015
    To be honest they start to win you over then lose you again. Whether that be by appointing Riga then not continuing with him or starting the season well under Peeters last term only not to back him with a good enough squad. Then with the acquisition of a few decent players this season, you start to think - well they would have learned the lesson from last season and take it as read that the owner isn't a fool and that there would have been some strengthening. But as this regime keeps proving, it is wrong to assume anything and absolutely nothing was learned at all.

My gut feeling - you can only have a gut feeling as the regime is so secretive, but I suspect there are some people within the network that know what they are doing. They have to to find gems like Bauer and JBG. But I think the owner probably gets involved and he is less qualified than any of us to do so. In the same way we are not qualified to run an electrical components business. I do honestly think the bloke has a screw loose, and the impossible dream would be that he finds a CEO that knows the championship, and he then backs them to make the right calls. Miere clearly knows less about British Football than a budgie. But she is only there to do as Duchatelet says. But maybe if she stood up to him and questioned him, we might be on a better path. She would probably lose her job, but what is teh job worth if you can't make it a success.
  • They cant now, I never felt this low about my club, I don't blame the team
    it seeps down from upstairs, disgusted, the likes of jbg have been conned to
    think we had ambition !
  • 1. Pay me to attend charlton £20 will do.
    2. Have a limo parked outside my house by 1pm for Saturday 3pm home games to take me.
    3. Have the limo play Charltons 03/04 highlights DVD in the back.
    4. Introduce the "levitating sofa" specifically for my use so the view isn't shit
  • PL54 said:

I think all of your points are fair and reasonable @stig and I sense no urine or hair pulling.

On 6 though. Did the current lot hand over our catering and retail ?

Thank you. Yes, I believe they did which obviously makes Point 6 a little tricky, but I still think that they could still do better in terms of overseeing/monitoring what goes on rather than washing their hands of it.
  • £250,000 and a private jet with enough fuel to get me to Colombia.
  • edited November 2015
    I think there are many clues to incompetence outside of the football too. Crossbars, the programme sellers, the much better food that is about the same, the replacement mascots - one of which will frighten kids and the other has a costume so cheap (excuse the pun) that I could have made better. Then you have the cheap season tickets where purchasers could just move to more expensive seats. The POTY bash, disabled lift access and gasp for breath, the sofa and the lack of any care for the longstanding fans (what people call the lifeblood) leaving the club in their droves. Habits can form quickly and these people may find new ones to replace the feeling of watching their team get beat more times than not! Then you have the stupid, ill advised comments from Miere. They usually follow a couple of wins, when she thinks she knows more about football than people who have lived, slept and breathed it for two or three times her whole lifetime! Many small things that point to people who are out of their depth big time. There are just too many of these that can't make Miere's CV all that impressive!
  • And the stupid pitch hire stunt, sell up and go home please, I wont swear !
  • Sponsored links:

• yes I forgot about that one!
  • Another one for her glowing cv muttley
  • edited November 2015
    Maybe we ought to put one together for her, make lots of copies and throw them on the pitch for the televised game. Now, that would embaress her! Include the football mistakes too so will be a job getting it on one page!
  • C_A_F_C said:

£250,000 and a private jet with enough fuel to get me to Colombia.

Plus some spending money?
  • Clem your feelings come from your heart and is shared my me and sure
    the majority of us, im not one usually to over react with all things Charlton,
    but this is making me doubt if I care anymore, cant explain
  • Dinner and a movie would be a good start
  • Stig said:

PL54 said:

I think all of your points are fair and reasonable @stig and I sense no urine or hair pulling.

On 6 though. Did the current lot hand over our catering and retail ?

Thank you. Yes, I believe they did which obviously makes Point 6 a little tricky, but I still think that they could still do better in terms of overseeing/monitoring what goes on rather than washing their hands of it.
    I think this lot handed over the catering, didn't they?
  • There's an awful lot of doom and gloom about the club at the moment, and I really hate it.

What for you would make you change your mind about their general running of the club, and put you in the happy camp / yep I know they've got some tough decisions to make, but I can see why they are doing what they are doing, and they've got my backing.

At the moment we seem to be a PR disaster, on and off the pitch.

If Roland and Katrien have got any sense, they'd realise you've got to listen to your 'customer' base if you want to have a future with them.

So what would you suggest?

If RD buys Palace and Millwall and gets KM to "run" them whilst selling us to a football obsessed, mega rich, hands/off tycoon
  • Sponsored links:

• Sell the club. That would win me over.

ditto

• IAgree said:

There's an awful lot of doom and gloom about the club at the moment, and I really hate it.

What for you would make you change your mind about their general running of the club, and put you in the happy camp / yep I know they've got some tough decisions to make, but I can see why they are doing what they are doing, and they've got my backing.

At the moment we seem to be a PR disaster, on and off the pitch.

If Roland and Katrien have got any sense, they'd realise you've got to listen to your 'customer' base if you want to have a future with them.

So what would you suggest?

If RD buys Palace and Millwall and gets KM to "run" them whilst selling us to a football obsessed, mega rich, hands/off tycoon
    Who brings back Chris Powell as manager, gives him some dosh and sits back and let's him and us get on with it...
  • I walked away from The Valley towards the end of last season not knowing what the problem was, but just having a feeling it just .wasn't the same anymore. I'm not and was never privy to any inside information and that hasn't changed but nothing only something to do with the Upbeats could bring me back at the moment. The more I read via this website the more detached I feel from the club I grew up with, people I hold in high regard (some I know, some I know through of) are far more informed and knowledgable than I am May or may not know what's being going on, some of what they say I agree with some I don't. One things for sure, turning it around on the pitch, a completely refurbished training ground, a £1 for pie and pint or a free season ticket wouldn't entice me back and that feels so very wrong.
  • Bring back Curbs.
  • Too late; intentions are there and I (nor should any football fan) do not agree with them one iota. I will battle to get my club back, little gestures (of which even they are shamefully low) won't change anything - the whole intention of our owner is totally wrong. They could offer me free tickets into executive boxes I'd still not go.
  • I think there are many clues to incompetence outside of the football too. Crossbars, the programme sellers, the much better food that is about the same, the replacement mascots - one of which will frighten kids and the other has a costume so cheap (excuse the pun) that I could have made better. Then you have the cheap season tickets where purchasers could just move to more expensive seats. The POTY bash, disabled lift access and gasp for breath, the sofa and the lack of any care for the longstanding fans (what people call the lifeblood) leaving the club in their droves. Habits can form quickly and these people may find new ones to replace the feeling of watching their team get beat more times than not! Then you have the stupid, ill advised comments from Miere. They usually follow a couple of wins, when she thinks she knows more about football than people who have lived, slept and breathed it for two or three times her whole lifetime! Many small things that point to people who are out of their depth big time. There are just too many of these that can't make Miere's CV all that impressive!

Well, when you put it like that, they haven't done that bad...

You forgot the Bournemouth food compo mess and the season ticket renewal cock up/breach of DPAct btw ;-)
  • It's a good question largely answered by @Stig for me already but like most of us I suspect I just want to know I can plan on going along to The Valley for the foreseeable future and enjoy watching a team that every so often has at least an outside chance of being in the mix for promotion at the end of the year and not suspecting that we are in for a long hard season even before a balls kicked. Don't need or want them to bankrupt the club in doing so and don't think it's necessary either but they need to get someone in asap that we as a collective of supporters know and trust. Whether that's on the pitch, in the dugout or in the boardroom I don't know tbh but we all need someone to galvanise us and to get behind.

So that's getting Curbs back I think...or maybe Jim Davidson
  • RobRob
    edited November 2015
    The only thing that would win me over is an upturn in performances on the field. And I just can't see that happening, so I would say nothing.
  • I think there are many clues to incompetence outside of the football too. Crossbars, the programme sellers, the much better food that is about the same, the replacement mascots - one of which will frighten kids and the other has a costume so cheap (excuse the pun) that I could have made better. Then you have the cheap season tickets where purchasers could just move to more expensive seats. The POTY bash, disabled lift access and gasp for breath, the sofa and the lack of any care for the longstanding fans (what people call the lifeblood) leaving the club in their droves. Habits can form quickly and these people may find new ones to replace the feeling of watching their team get beat more times than not! Then you have the stupid, ill advised comments from Miere. They usually follow a couple of wins, when she thinks she knows more about football than people who have lived, slept and breathed it for two or three times her whole lifetime! Many small things that point to people who are out of their depth big time. There are just too many of these that can't make Miere's CV all that impressive!

Yes but apart from that what has she done wrong?