Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MK Dons v Charlton | Tue 03 Mov | 7:45pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Got a.ticket for this in the home end through a family member. Be easier to hide my embarrassment ;) hope to see at least some effort from us. 8-0 away win
  • A 0-0 bore draw. Where is Kashi?
  • A tight game. 0-5.
  • edited November 2015
    Never felt like betting against my team more than for this game... so knowing my luck it'll be the game we turn it round. .. looking for a performance in reality!
  • A battling point. 1-1 draw.
  • If we can creep above the magic 26% pocession mark and maybe have 2 (two) shots on goal i think we can turn a corner. No doubt into a cul-de-sac but a corner turned i think...
  • edited November 2015
    Strange though it may seem, we have been in exactly this spot and it was less than a year ago.

After a string of poor results over the winter of 2104/15 the highly inexperienced but very enthusiastic (and cheap) manager, big bad bald Bob Peters, was replaced (in a very unprofessional and underhand manner) by another highly inexperienced but very enthusiastic (and cheap) manager, Guy Luzon.

Like Karal Fraeye, Luzon was someone we had never heard of, with no English football experience and a funny name. Like Fraeye, his only relevant qualification was that he was part of Roly's network and disaster loomed after we lost 5-0 at Watford on 17th January.

We then scrambled two draws followed by two two defeats to decent sides (Middlesborough and Norwich) And then to almost everyone's astonishment, we won 8 out of 9 and the great run was only screwed up by our Neanderthal friends from the New Den. Luzon was evidently a good motivator who deserves credit for turning things around post Peters and for attempting decent passing football. Sadly, he was vastly under-experienced in the nitty-gritty detailed stuff of English football management and probably had to endure lots of owner interference too.

My point is, even if we get a hard fought draw at MK Dons and Fraeye does inspire his men to perform miracles for a few matches, the best we can hope for is a repeat of the Peters and Luzon cycle. A decent surge followed by melt-down and confusion. This is not a recipe for any sort of success or stability. Boyish enthusiasm and motivation is good for a few games and then a couple of bad results mean the dressing room falls apart and there is not enough hard bitten experience and leadership to keep things on track, so we repeat the process of failure again and again.

The subtle difference this time is that both manager and squad have even less experience that at any other time in the Roly era.

Whatever his faults, Roly is clearly not a stupid man and he should know better than anyone, that if you keep using the same methods, you keep getting the same results. In this case, 0-3 defeats.

I think the MK Dons result is completely irrelevant unless it is so bad that it embarrasses the owner into reviewing his methods which is very unlikely.

Just for the record this will be 0-0 and we will stagger and limp through to a crisis at Christmas solved by the rapid and secret appointment of another highly inexperienced and enthusiastic (cheap) coach from the network with a funny name.
  • after claiming that we can only field 11 players on the pitch at the weekend, Karel Smiley comes up with a tactical masterstroke and puts out a starting 13

we still lose 3-0
  • 4-0 dons
  • Sponsored links:

• This could be the start of a new dawn but I will feel happy with a 1-1 although expectation is at an all time low as I cant see who is going to score our goal. Bring on anyone like this youngster from the academy; after all that is how cousins and poyet got games....out of pure necessity. We have to be winning these games to stay up. Bugger.
  • This could be the start of a new dawn but I will feel happy with a 1-1 although expectation is at an all time low as I cant see who is going to score our goal. Bring on anyone like this youngster from the academy; after all that is how cousins and poyet got games....out of pure necessity. We have to be winning these games to stay up. Bugger.

None of us can see who will score a goal but at some point there will be one. Maybe not tonight but there will be one!. Gudmonsson is my guess.
  • I will be making the short trip to Stadium MK but I'm not expecting too much.
    2-0 defeat
  • 3-0 of course church hat - trick.
  • 0-0 / 1-0 MK Dons with Church to score most likely if they manage to score.
  • edited November 2015
    Having been an " interim manager" for 8 years and dropped onto some right basket cases you start with tiny steps.do my bet is our "interim" will
    Try and score a goal
    Try to get that goal early in the first half
    Try to keep their goals under 3
    Try to get a point

2 nil and the Interim Manager announces we are getting better and the squad is to big
  • Luckily I'm working in Slovakia this week, no need for a stream thanks.
  • Can't see any reason why we could win. Massive home win and more excuses to follow......
  • Sponsored links:

• sralan said:

Can't see any reason why we could win. Massive home win and more excuses to follow......

To be fair MK Dons are dreadful too and - on paper - I think we have a better team than them. I'm not going to say "we should be beating them" but, even in our current state, we shouldn't be losing to them.
  • Tonight it suddenly all clicks into place and we discover that the injuries have been the reasons for the recent performances. Charlton play slick, one touch skillful football, rarely seen in the Championship, using both flanks to penetrate a poor, inadequate MK defence. Our two strikers have formed a positive understanding of each other during training and both score a brace. Our defence is so solid Wenger, Mouriniho and Van Gall all offer huge amounts in transfer fees, which are refused. The Sheffield Weds and Birmingham scouts offer to surrender before the forthcoming matches. Our away support starts singing "we are going up".

Yes it all changes tonight
  • stevec said:

Tonight it suddenly all clicks into place and we discover that the injuries have been the reasons for the recent performances. Charlton play slick, one touch skillful football, rarely seen in the Championship, using both flanks to penetrate a poor, inadequate MK defence. Our two strikers have formed a positive understanding of each other during training and both score a brace. Our defence is so solid Wenger, Mouriniho and Van Gall all offer huge amounts in transfer fees, which are refused. The Sheffield Weds and Birmingham scouts offer to surrender before the forthcoming matches. Our away support starts singing "we are going up".

And then you woke up.

• stevec said:

Tonight it suddenly all clicks into place and we discover that the injuries have been the reasons for the recent performances. Charlton play slick, one touch skillful football, rarely seen in the Championship, using both flanks to penetrate a poor, inadequate MK defence. Our two strikers have formed a positive understanding of each other during training and both score a brace. Our defence is so solid Wenger, Mouriniho and Van Gall all offer huge amounts in transfer fees, which are refused. The Sheffield Weds and Birmingham scouts offer to surrender before the forthcoming matches. Our away support starts singing "we are going up".

And then you woke up.

Correct.
  • se9addick said:

sralan said:

Can't see any reason why we could win. Massive home win and more excuses to follow......

To be fair MK Dons are dreadful too and - on paper - I think we have a better team than them. I'm not going to say "we should be beating them" but, even in our current state, we shouldn't be losing to them.
    Mk Dos haven't scored in 3 games either, agent Church doing his job!
  • I may be coming down with something, but I think we will win tonight, only because MK Dons are worse than even we are at the moment. However, even a win won't paper over the cracks, although expect Fraeye/KM to trumpet it shows they were right and we have turned the corner.
  • Excitement is at fever pitch over this fixture. Promises to be a feast of attacking football between two of the form teams in the Championship. Charlton are hoping to have another shot on goal should they get out of their own half and MK Dons will hope hot shot Simon Church has his shooting boots on.

After a superb performance at the weekend Charlton's new manager is confident of another 3-0 defeat. 'My players are good enough to keep this run going!' he told the mass of journalists.

The search goes on for the missing Charlton chief exec who has not been seen in recent weeks.
  • se9addick said:

sralan said:

Mk Dos haven't scored in 3 games either, perfect timing for Church to discover his scoring touch
    Fixed... :)

Anyone else remember Fernando Morientes and his time @ Liverpool... Hadnt scored all season and then came to the Valley
  • Got a.ticket for this in the home end through a family member. Be easier to hide my embarrassment ;) hope to see at least some effort from us. 8-0 away win

I look forward to seeing a bit of crowd action as the police wade in to remove you, after you start cheering us having a shot.
    Not sure I want to risk losing my padded seat
  • MK Dons 2-0 Charlton