Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MK Dons v Charlton | Tue 03 Mov | 7:45pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Milton Keynes Dons v Charlton Athletic
Tuesday 3rd November 2015 … 7:45pm Kick-Off
Referee: Andy Davies (Hampshire)

Introduction

Your team are in a horrible run of form, they’re at the bottom of the form table in the whole league, and they’ve lost their third game (3-0) on the trot, having lost by that very score-line on four occasions this season… Last season though it was a different matter, the Addicks were coming off a horrible run of form and went on to win 3-0 in ironically four occasions within a short space of time.

Prior to the change in those fortunes, many fans couldn’t see where a draw would come from (let alone a win), yet a 3-0 victory against Brentford proved the defining point in the season when Charlton would pull away from any relegation trouble and secure mid-table obscurity, this season and any type of victory would be much appreciated, and despite us only being in November, we approach a match this Tuesday night against a side where three points (even now) will be so important, for the first time in the English second tier, Charlton will be making the trip to Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Dons.

The Opposition
Name: Milton Keynes Dons | Manager: Karl Robinson
Ground: Stadium.MK | Nickname: The Dons

Do our opponents this Tuesday need much of an introduction…? Milton Keynes Dons are probably the most infamous side in English Football, they were formed in 2004 following the demise of Wimbledon (who were going out of business), the then Wimbledon chairman; Peter Winkelman decided that the clubs fortunes would be improved if they moved the club to another part of the country (American Franchise style), the fans, funnily didn’t agree and so the true (AFC) Wimbledon remained in South London…

Milton Keynes beginning in League One were forced to drop to the lowest tier of the Football League after being relegated within two years of moving, they bounced back to League One within another two years of that relegation and after finishing second last season, have climbed to the Championship for the first time in their history, many fans, I’m sure, feel that it should be AFC Wimbledon in their place, but MK Dons are here now, and it might not have been Wimbledon that were subject to the franchise.

As we all know, Milton Keynes was a town created in 1967 and until, Milton Keynes Dons came to stay, the area was one major town which lacked a Football club, many attempts were made though to make it happen sooner that 2004 though… Most recently; Luton Town almost became MK Hatters when they almost moved 20-miles up the road in search of a new site for their ground, protests were made by the fans and local support ensured that Luton stayed right where they were…

Wimbledon almost moved to the area in the mid-Seventies but there was a third side (and the first to explore the idea) that almost became a symbol for this new town, that club being from South East London and our very own Charlton Athletic, the Gilkstens (already known for elaborate schemes) thought that it would be a clever idea, thankfully once again due to fan protests, something our current owners should be well aware, the move was once again abandoned.

There will I’m sure, always be a Charlton Athletic in South East London, regardless the players, league and owners!!

Charlton Team News
Match fitness is very much on the cards for the players at the moment and with so many players coming back from injury, its no doubt that they’d be eased into 90-minutes of action, with a few games now under his belt; Simon Makienok should be expected to last longer matches, whilst there is a new Striker in town: Ademola Lookman (free-scoring for our youth sides) was finally included in the team that travelled to Middlesbrough on Saturday so now it much be a question of when (and not if) we’ll see this exciting youth player.

Henderson
Solly … Bauer … Sarr … Fox
Gudmundsson … Ba … Jackson … Cousins
Makienok … Ghoochanniejad

Substitutes Bench: Pope … Holmes-Dennis … Diarra … Moussa … Watt … Ahearne-Grant … Lookman

Prediction
Milton Keynes Dons 0-2 Charlton Athletic (Ghoochanniejad, Lookman)

Comments

• 3-0 to MK obviously!
  • A point at best.
  • I'm praying to the weather gods that it will be fogged off...though probably only delaying the inevitable defeat.
  • Gotta be 0-3 got a score on it at evens!
  • the IHC will oversee no goals and no shots on target in the 1st half and then see his interim team capitulate to a Spongefoot 2nd half hat-trick, all of them from 25 yards from his interim left sponge.
  • Movember may be a tricky one....
  • 3-0 MK Dons 16/1!
  • Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • I'm going and we are going to win 2- 1.

Charlie Fry will be confirmed as permanent manager as a result and a brave new world will dawn.

"Everybody's happy nowadays, pass the Soma"
  • Sponsored links:

• Not 3-0 but we will lose. KF coming in will do nothing to improve results, the team is short on confidence and skill. 1 or 2 - nil to them
  • I fear a bloodbath, 0-5.

Let's face it, MK will know exactly the shambles we currently are, and be after us from the start.

Our players will keep smiling the whole 90 minutes..

• MK lost 2-0 on Sat and yet, Poyet was in the team of the week.
    He will dominate the midfield and we will get beaten again.
    we only had one shot on target at Boro - and that was Reza (keeper stopped it with his nose).
  • I'm actually trying to organise my diary to get to this game, must be mad

Fancy us to get a 0-0, they have Simon Church up front for goodness sake
  • Simon Church to score the winner assisted by Poyet.
  • we shall lose, I shall not give a feck
  • I can't see us winning this one 2-0 to the out of form MK Dons.
  • Looking forward to this as a rare game I can get to. Bringing a couple of mates too.

Hopefully our exciting football and positive atmosphere will encourage them to come again...
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll be there. Church hat-trick.
  • Easy peasy, 3-0 to them. Not a word from Roland, and Katrien buys curtains and a standard lamp to brighten up the sofa corner.
  • 2 horribly out of form teams serve up a turgid 90 minutes of dreadful football, settled by one scruffy goal leaving the losing team staring relegation in the face.

No idea which team that will be though...
  • 3-0 MK Dons, a Church brace and one from Poyet, just to top this week off.
  • I'm actually trying to organise my diary to get to this game, must be mad

Fancy us to get a 0-0, they have Simon Church up front for goodness sake

For a minute there I thought you were going to say 'trying to organise your diary to get out of it' that would've made me chuckle, rather than not going, actually finding something you deem a suitable replacement. As you're making the concerted effort, I hope for you and the others, they get a result
  • It's gonna be cold and just can't see past losing , in a moment of insanity I'll go for 0-1 thanks to an own goal.
  • edited November 2015
    It's away, it's against a team higher than us in the league. Both teams lost 3-0 at the weekend. So I am going for 6-6.
  • This match will decide if it's the beginning of the end,
    or the end of the beginning.
    so hard to predict the score when you don't know if the team will turn up ?

3-3 goal fest with a church tap in and Lookman scoring after coming off the bench.
  • The last away game I saw us win was MK Dons v Charlton, 5th October 2010, JPT 2nd round. 1-0 down after just two minutes. Wagstaff with an 85th minute winner if I remember correctly. Could only have been 250 Charlton fans.

As much as I really cannot be bothered, now seems the right time to see this hoodoo broken. So I'll be going to this.

2-1 Charlton, Church scoring two minutes in and Jackson getting a winner in the 85th minute.
  • We don't have any team spirit, they do. We'll be out-battled from the off and eventually they'll score - it might take 2 minutes, it might take an hour, but it is inevitable that the cupped ear of Simon Church will go floating past the front of the away end at some point tomorrow evening.

Currently 5 points worse off than we were at this stage in our last relegation season, and tomorrow evening looks like our easiest game of the month. Oh dear.

Less than 400 tickets sold in the away end, so there should be plenty of space to put your "Lying Bitch Get Out" and "We hate Roland" banners, as well as any Tin Tin effigies and defaced versions of the Belgian flag.