Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• Nice win for Browning in the F3, although probably lucky given the start from Beganovic, double British Anthem in the Sprint and Feature race.

Got a feeling thats us done hearing it this weekend
  • A very well controlled drive by Luke Browning to take the Bahrain F3 feature race from Christian Mansell and Tim Tramnitz.
    Dino Beganovic went from 1st on the grid to last by the end of the starting straight but drove incredibly well to recover to 13th.
  • Dream start to the F2 season for Zane Maloney with wins in the sprint and feature races at Bahrain.
    On the other side of the coin it's a nightmare start for Ollie Bearman, who finishes out of the points in both races and was out-performed by his rookie team-mate.
  • Crazy how both Championship "favourites" have had a nightmare opening round, at least Bearman has the luck of his Prema setup being potentially shit, on the other hand Martins was poor, especially compared to O'Sullivan
  • Yep, thought behind Max things would be a bit closer
  • And already F1 looks set for another borefest of a season.
    Been looking forward to it.  Same old
  • Thought it was a stupid idea having the GP at 3pm on saturday, ramadan or no Ramadan, pleased they did bow as have been able to watch the football and have the GP in the background. God it was dull. 
  • Fell fell asleep on sofa halfway through. Shows you how exciting it was we were watching a no points battle for 12-14 at the end 
  • Sponsored links:

• Always been a massive F1 fan but couldn’t be less interested this season. 
    Me too! Can’t even be bothered to watch the new series of “Drive to Survive” !
  • edited March 2
    Always been a massive F1 fan but couldn’t be less interested this season. 
    Me too…I’ll keep watching for now … honestly don’t mind Verstappen winning but want to see him start from 4-6 back and earn it and closer competition.  It’s no fun watching him (or anyone else) pull 15-20 seconds in front of everyone else and cruise to a win - that’s not racing…
  • At least the IndyCar starts up next week, though even that was quite proccessional in the end
  • In some ways I just want to see Verstappen win every race

They had to nerf Mercedes in the end, when they changed the floor rules (?) in 2021 to suit the other cars, hopefully they'll find and do something similar to Red Bull.
  • Should all try watching WEC. It was the better race on yesterday I can tell you that. Three cars fighting for podium on the last lap. Has v8 engines refuelling and a hardcore fan base. Everything f1 doesn’t. 
  • edited March 3
    Honestly think I'm going to get more enjoyment out of the F2 and F3 series's this season and BTCC when it begins. I know Bahrain can produce the odd snoozer but I don't see this changing next weekend in Jeddah. I think the Red Bull dominance is locked in for the season. 
  • Should all try watching WEC. It was the better race on yesterday I can tell you that. Three cars fighting for podium on the last lap. Has v8 engines refuelling and a hardcore fan base. Everything f1 doesn’t. 
    Where can you watch it? 
  • I see Jos Verstappen is stirring it regarding Horner. He was also pictured with Max's manager talking to Toto. Max to Merc in time for the rule changes in 2026 and Red Bull start developing their own engines? 
  • Sponsored links:

Where can you watch it? 
    The last two hours of a race are live on eurosport. If you have discovery plus you can see it all. Eurosport will broadcast the le man 24hour live. All of it.
    Where can you watch it? 
    WEC TV - you will need a sub, Eurosport or Discovery + 
  • Getting more entertainment from Horner gate at Red Bull. Jos has now thrown him under the bus (fuck me, when a known wife beater and violent karting dad is giving you life lessons you know you’re fucked!).

I am convinced Max will sign at Merc from 2026 for the first year of the new engine regs….. 

And now an extraordinary request from Mohammed Ben Sulayem for Max Verstappen to publicly back Horner - which he refused. So the guy who was happy to go after Susie Wolff in public makes a request like that?

Honestly - since Abu Dhabi 2021 the whole sport has gone to shit and stinks to high heaven now.
    Yep, it’s getting really dirty now and a real power struggle. Just a shame it’s not affecting their dominance on the track!
  • Utter snoozefest on Saturday. Max on pole, ahead into the first corner, able to take 2 pit stops without ever losing track position and finishes miles ahead of his team mate or any other driver. Is there any other sport in which you can comfortably predict the league/championship/season winner after the first match? Probably before it, if we're honest. 
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68465516

And now Ben Sulayem under investigation for attempting to get a penalty for Alonso downgraded in Saudi Arabia last year. 
  • What the hell is going on? Sports gone mad - as I said a few posts ago, it is totally broken now and needs massive change from top to bottom.
  • Well consider me shocked... Just shocked I tells ya... He wasnt around for Abu Dhabi in 2021, but I dont think this is anything new

Just the first time someone has been stupid enough to be caught
  • Carter said:
    As someone who loved the sport in the glory days of the late 80s and early 90s and gradually lost the love then interest the sport it doing its best to kill itself. These awful street circuits and then the other totally dull circuits, Red Bull having a car that might as well be awarded the title now and a horrible entitled offspring of a truly horrible man I couldn't stand when he was in F1 coupled with that pygmy Horner. 

Agree mate, it’s not a sport anymore, only a business. As much as I dislike the Verstappens and Horner, it’s not Red Bull’s fault that the other teams can’t get near them.

The lack of noise doesn’t help either. It used to be painful watching it live without earplugs, you can hold a conversation now. 

You get much more entertainment watching club racing at places like Brands Hatch now (plus it’s a lot bloody cheaper). Such a shame to see.
  • Carter said:
    As someone who loved the sport in the glory days of the late 80s and early 90s and gradually lost the love then interest the sport it doing its best to kill itself. These awful street circuits and then the other totally dull circuits, Red Bull having a car that might as well be awarded the title now and a horrible entitled offspring of a truly horrible man I couldn't stand when he was in F1 coupled with that pygmy Horner. 

Agree mate, it’s not a sport anymore, only a business. As much as I dislike the Verstappens and Horner, it’s not Red Bull’s fault that the other teams can’t get near them.

The lack of noise doesn’t help either. It used to be painful watching it live without earplugs, you can hold a conversation now. 

You get much more entertainment watching club racing at places like Brands Hatch now (plus it’s a lot bloody cheaper). Such a shame to see.
    I used to work weekends for all the events at Brands, saw some incredible racing especially the superbikes. Proper racing, F1 is a procession.

I do agree it isn't Red Bulls fault, it seems whoever has Adrian Newey has the best car or have discovered the newest hacks,