Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karel Fraeye 100% Support

1235»

Comments

• 100% support from me. He's the interim head coach. He's been here before, knows the layout and can therefore get training straight away. So it's not a particularly strange decision to my mind. Someone has to keep things going until a suitable permanent coach is found. I'm prepared to wait and see who that is rather than trying to further destabilise the club at this time. Looks like I'm very much in the minority though.
  • Judging by various comments on CL, I think he has about 1% support so far...
  • edited October 2015
    Oddschecker has us evens to go down.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/relegation

Also, i believe that by end of November we could be bottom , 5/6 points adrift.

I wonder if you get anything for getting the lowest points total ever ??

I can only now see the total destruction of our club almost to extinction - only to be 'resolved' in a Pompey style manouvre- with maybe a move to the peninsular under the name of FC Charlton.
  • Martomoto said:

100% support from me. He's the interim head coach. He's been here before, knows the layout and can therefore get training straight away. So it's not a particularly strange decision to my mind. Someone has to keep things going until a suitable permanent coach is found. I'm prepared to wait and see who that is rather than trying to further destabilise the club at this time. Looks like I'm very much in the minority though.

Jackson, Solly and others are going to look at this fella and laugh when he walks onto the training field.

• Accepted. But KF has already been written off. Of course I'm not happy with our clown of an owner, but I believe you should get behind the 2 coaches. One of them didn't do badly last time.

Nope. Only interim and here to oversee training and clearly not fit to pick a team. Managed to appoint a manager within minutes last time. I expect them to be gone by midweek.

• I would happily offer 100% support to Carol Vorderman, Carol Thatcher, Carol King, Carol Channing and even Lewis Caroll but not necessarily as the (interim) head coach of Charlton Athletic Football club.

I like Santa Claus, Noggin the Nog and Tin Tin but not running first team affairs on a rainy Tuesday in Preston when their sole qualification for the job is that they are buddies with the mad Belgian.

Get a grip for God's sake. This is insane enough as it is..
  • Oakster said:

Fraeye & Riga greatly benefited from having Alex Dyer - (who for me should take much credit for our post-CP survival) & Damian Matthew around when they walked into The Valley with zero knowledge of the league.

Who is Fraeye's right hand man? Another Belgian non-entity - how are we going to even begin to prepare for games with absolutely no knowledge at a senior coaching level?

Right hand man is Wim De Corte as i understand it.
    Lewis, can't you lend us one of your coaches instead?
  • Oddschecker has us evens to go down.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/relegation

Also, i believe that by end of November we could be bottom , 5/6 points adrift.

I wonder if you get anything for getting the lowest points total ever ??

I can only now see the total destruction of our club almost to extinction - only to be 'resolved' in a Pompey style manouvre- with maybe a move to the peninsular under the name of FC Charlton.

We need to keep the Athletic bit, that's important.
  • Martomoto said:

100% support from me. He's the interim head coach. He's been here before, knows the layout and can therefore get training straight away. So it's not a particularly strange decision to my mind. Someone has to keep things going until a suitable permanent coach is found. I'm prepared to wait and see who that is rather than trying to further destabilise the club at this time. Looks like I'm very much in the minority though.

Jackson, Solly and others are going to look at this fella and laugh when he walks onto the training field.

As they played under him when Riga was here they may already have view, positive or negative.

I imagine that the other players will not be impressed by his CV so making it harder for him but if he is a good coach and a good motivator then they will like him and play for him.

Will that happen? I don't know. You often hear players talking about respecting a coach because of his playing success but that coach then doesn't always prove to be a long term success. Terry Butcher, Bryan Robson, Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore are all good examples.

Mourino and Wenger weren't great players, Lennie was non-league and there are plenty of others. Riga didn't come with a big reputation either and Fraeye was his assistant.

I'm not at the point where I can say "I don't want Charlton to win" and I hope I never am. And if Charlton win then Fraeye wins so I want Fraeye to win and be a success.

Do I support his appointment or the way it was done? No

Do I hate him? No

Do I want him to fail? No

Can I give him 100% support? No
  • Sponsored links:

• Hopefully Jacko and Solly both like him from his previous time at the club and can tell all the other players how great he is and how they personally approached KM for him to be appointed as he is the right man for the job (although I doubt it).

He is Charlton manager, he has my 100% support, I would never want us to lose, that is plain daft. I would be delighted to say ' I was wrong ' in 6 months after he comes in, wins every game and gets us to the PL before becoming our most successful manager ever.

So, no, I don't want to lose and he does have my support.... It is just that my considered opinion is that this is a bad call and we will go down before junking him and going for the next no hoper, low budget, short contract manager that RD has up his sleeve.
  • iamdan said:

Yes.

Have to support him unfortunately and the players so we can survive relegation.

THEN we get Curbs back in the summer...!

Sod this.
    When is this protest starting?!
  • It's hardly Karel's fault if he's appointed. What's he supposed to say when offered the job 'no thanks, Belgian Div 3 is where I want to be'. If he has ambition then it's a massive step up. Is he up to it? Who knows, maybe, maybe not. But how is us, the fans, not getting behind him going to help? At the end of the day we want the team to win matches don't we? Protest all you like against RD, even KM if it makes you happy, but Karel needs our support and he'll get mine, unequivocally, until such time as I think he doesn't deserve it. Karel, welcome, 100% support from me.

He should ask himself "Do I honestly have what it takes to step up to that level?". He had better answer honestly too, as he will get found out quickly if he has anything less
    Didn't stop Les Reed giving it a go
    Les had at least coached at the highest level so knew the requirements of the league when appointed manager.

It was his "people skills" not his technical experience that let him down.