Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karel Fraeye 100% Support

Comments

• It's a disgrace how this club is being run.
  • whats the point he wont be around long
  • It's hardly Karel's fault if he's appointed. What's he supposed to say when offered the job 'no thanks, Belgian Div 3 is where I want to be'. If he has ambition then it's a massive step up. Is he up to it? Who knows, maybe, maybe not. But how is us, the fans, not getting behind him going to help? At the end of the day we want the team to win matches don't we? Protest all you like against RD, even KM if it makes you happy, but Karel needs our support and he'll get mine, unequivocally, until such time as I think he doesn't deserve it. Karel, welcome, 100% support from me.

He should ask himself "Do I honestly have what it takes to step up to that level?". He had better answer honestly too, as he will get found out quickly if he has anything less
    Didn't stop Les Reed giving it a go
  • 3 defeats in a row and they may actually appoint a manager. Can we go into minus.
  • Can the next appointment be even more ludicrous?
  • Can the next appointment be even more ludicrous?

Would be tough, but I think they'll find a way !
  • Whoever gets the nod he had better be prepared to manage in league 1 which rules out most of the managers we would want.
  • edited October 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• Whoever gets the nod he had better be prepared to manage in league 1 which rules out most of the managers we would want.

There's a lot of football to be played yet.
  • And Katrien just tweeted that he is the next Pep Gaurdiola, so thats a positive.

More like the next Pepsi and Shirley.
  • Kaz can turn it around for the addicks xx
  • Just thinking of the likes of Gudmundsson being convinced to sign an extension in the summer. Must be regretting that decision.

January's only a couple of months away !
  • Almost hate myself for saying this, and nothing against this unknown personally, but he is another puppet of the pathetic regime and as such deserves a rough ride from the off. If for a minute I thought a rapturous welcome would help keep us up then I would plead for that. But this is like putting diesel into a petrol car and hoping it will work. No chance. So send a message to RD and that appalling woman. Enough is enough.
  • First time in my life I find myself actually wanting us to lose. What a shitty feeling that is
  • I wish anyone success who takes over the club i love. It just doesn't resemble that club much any more. I want to see success at Charlton as much as any fan, i'm just fed up with the bulls@#t they keep spewing. Really are well all supposed to be believe he left a permanent role as head coach to be interim manager at Charlton? I suspect as i am sure many others do that the hope is he does well and they can appoint him permanently.

Not sure i completely hold Luzon to blame either. We ended last season well and started this season well. But a host of injuries, a lack of back up brought in by the board, we slump in form, morale drops and even the return of the players we desperately needed back not enough to turn things around straight away. Honestly didn't expect a miracle result yesterday, but expected better than 3-0.

I am actually in the camp now of "I'd rather we were skint and proud of our team, than be run by these morons". The vibe around the place on and off the pitch is not one i am proud of. I hope i am proved wrong i really do.

Good luck Karel Fraeye. You will need it i'm afraid.
  • I thought Roland had run out of spare Belgian football coaches, apparently not.

100% 'meh'
  • Sponsored links:

• Almost hate myself for saying this, and nothing against this unknown personally, but he is another puppet of the pathetic regime and as such deserves a rough ride from the off. If for a minute I thought a rapturous welcome would help keep us up then I would plead for that. But this is like putting diesel into a petrol car and hoping it will work. No chance. So send a message to RD and that appalling woman. Enough is enough.

Don't believe the 73 of us at the Riverside will be capable of giving him a rapturous welcome if we wanted to...

• Nothing really to add to this thread.

But, this is a bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad decision.

Apart from that I'm speechless.
  • So we must assume the scottish interview didn't go so well then..?
  • Charlton have appointed Karel Fraeye as Interim Head Coach, the club confirmed on Sunday evening.

Following the dismissal of Guy Luzon on Saturday, the 37-year-old Belgian will take temporary charge of the Addicks’ first-team
    (while the club undertake the process to appoint a Head Coach on a permanent basis.)

Another spin?
  • No support from me. I've never said this before about one of our managers. It's not Fraeye personally, it's the concept. The little confidence I had in the network has now totally disappeared, and I wish Karel, Roland and Katrien would disappear as well.
  • edited October 2015
    Guy goes before bonfire night and Karel will be gone before Christmas. After that it will be Roger Rabbit to be axed before Easter.
  • I'm at the stage where I want him to lose, just to stick it up to RD and KM
  • Oakster said:

Fraeye & Riga greatly benefited from having Alex Dyer - (who for me should take much credit for our post-CP survival) & Damian Matthew around when they walked into The Valley with zero knowledge of the league.

Who is Fraeye's right hand man? Another Belgian non-entity - how are we going to even begin to prepare for games with absolutely no knowledge at a senior coaching level?

In amongst the anger at his appointment, i hadn't even considered this. You make a good point. For example wtf do either of these 2 know about Middlesbrough. Do they even know where it is?