Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karel Fraeye 100% Support

Comments

• J BLOCK said:

I'm at the stage where I want him to lose, just to stick it up to RD and KM

This is what i said after the Woolwich meeting that some of the Charlton Crowd would turn up and want CAFC to lose. But i was told i was wrong.
    I'll never want my team to lose and never will.
    If you want a new owner we need to be in the Championship not the National league.
    Spend time sending Emails to Businessmen /women who may want the riches of the premier not cheering when yet another incumbent hits the dust.
  • No way , i will support the badge like most .
  • Nothing against the man personally, but he's just another stooge that we will keep getting until the owner and CEO quit the club. I will treat him with the same contempt that I gave Luzon. Silence.

• How can anyone flag Coco?

The way things are going he would dove tail with Roland just fine!

The way things are going he would dove tail with Roland just fine!

Not sure Roland would pay his release fee from Sky.

As much of a joke as Holloway is, I think most would agree that he'd be a better option for you than the poor bloke that will be out of the door in a couple of months.
  • It's hardly Karel's fault if he's appointed. What's he supposed to say when offered the job 'no thanks, Belgian Div 3 is where I want to be'. If he has ambition then it's a massive step up. Is he up to it? Who knows, maybe, maybe not. But how is us, the fans, not getting behind him going to help? At the end of the day we want the team to win matches don't we? Protest all you like against RD, even KM if it makes you happy, but Karel needs our support and he'll get mine, unequivocally, until such time as I think he doesn't deserve it. Karel, welcome, 100% support from me.

You've put what I want to though more eloquently. I'm not behind RD or KM, but the new guy deserves a chance until he proves otherwise, and if we don't support our players we may end up with no team at all. If that's what most want, then so be it. I will be at the next home game and prepared to welcome him back to The Valley. I hope I won't be the only one.

Then you are just helping them to shaft us. I say give him a hostile reception and make the atmosphere as poisonous as possible until they appoint a full time coach with the right credentials.
  • It's hardly Karel's fault if he's appointed. What's he supposed to say when offered the job 'no thanks, Belgian Div 3 is where I want to be'. If he has ambition then it's a massive step up. Is he up to it? Who knows, maybe, maybe not. But how is us, the fans, not getting behind him going to help? At the end of the day we want the team to win matches don't we? Protest all you like against RD, even KM if it makes you happy, but Karel needs our support and he'll get mine, unequivocally, until such time as I think he doesn't deserve it. Karel, welcome, 100% support from me.

You've put what I want to though more eloquently. I'm not behind RD or KM, but the new guy deserves a chance until he proves otherwise, and if we don't support our players we may end up with no team at all. If that's what most want, then so be it. I will be at the next home game and prepared to welcome him back to The Valley. I hope I won't be the only one.

Then you are just helping them to shaft us. I say give him a hostile reception and make the atmosphere as poisonous as possible until they appoint a full time coach with the right credentials.
    Will that help the players?

• I say give him a hostile reception and make the atmosphere as poisonous as possible until they appoint a full time coach with the right credentials.

I don't agree with this all all, as we need to be behind the team more than ever at this moment in time. Yes the current situation is being poorly handled by the club owners, and yes we should definitely be able to do something - not by blocking turnstiles as some have called for, and not by getting on the squads back. Do something prior to the game, after it, or even at half time. But the 90mins of playing time is for us to be behind the team - in my opinion.

I'm not trying to say i'm blinkered to the shockingly underwhelming performances that we have seen of late, and im not saying don't critisise the team..however if the goal is to demonstrate against the owners there needs to be another way.
  • Sponsored links:

• I agree. Protest against the owner is fair enough, and deserved, but lets at least try to make a good atmosphere for the team.
  • This has long since become about the next result. I will back the players - as long as they appear to be trying - but never the owner, the Dutch mare or the latest clown they have appointed. It's not his fault and of course he had to take the job, but equally that does not mean I have to pretend I am remotely behind him.

Will that help the players?
    Good question Hants.

The most important thing is the players are supported and cheered because League 1 will happens just like night follows day.

The interim head coach represents RD so wouldn't expect him to get a good reception, but we need to separate the emotions or otherwise we will implode quicker than a dead star.

When Lawrie Wilson lost his confidence he didn't want the ball, at the moment players heads are dropping after we concede a goal.

This is a mess but the players need our support.

• In a strange way I feel less antipathetic about Fraeye than I did about Riga and Luzon. Not that I feel in any way positive, more like the appointment of Peeters.
    I hated losing Powell, and hated the circumstances of Luzon's appointment. This one is kind of numbing and detached. Even though Karel will clearly continue to be Roland's yes man, he can hardly be blamed for being a boy on the make, and ultimately he must be judged on goals wins and points. He may even be a nice bloke, but that characteristic is hardly relevant at the moment.
    It feels a bit that hating Fraeye is like hating a broken down car because it is the wrong colour rather than because the engine is knackered. He won't get any particular support from me unless he more or less wins every game for the rest of the season, he is more like another curiosity of this Magritte painting of a club.
    I would like to see the departure of Miere more, but that lady is not for Turing.
  • edited October 2015
    I don't agree with this all all, as we need to be behind the team more than ever at this moment in time. Yes the current situation is being poorly handled by the club owners, and yes we should definitely be able to do something - not by blocking turnstiles as some have called for, and not by getting on the squads back. Do something prior to the game, after it, or even at half time. But the 90mins of playing time is for us to be behind the team - in my opinion.

I'm not trying to say i'm blinkered to the shockingly underwhelming performances that we have seen of late, and im not saying don't critisise the team..however if the goal is to demonstrate against the owners there needs to be another way.
    I know it wont be a widely popular opinion, but I'm not gonna dress up how I feel. The more uncomfortable we make it for these puppets, the fewer will want to come in when given the opportunity.
  • "but that lady is not for Turing."

Deepest respect to you Seth.
    i would be proud of that line.
  • sam3110 said:

He looks like a member of a band, someone like Spandau Ballet

True :)
  • I dont care if he is the greatest manager ever, I just cannot support a bloke with a birds name.
  • Granpa said:

Sorry but you lot will get us nowhere just condemning people you don't like. Can't you see that Roland will do exactly what he wants, he might be strange but he owns us, FACT. What we need to do is to campaign for WHAT WE WANT as hard as we can in a positive way. For me that starts with a British Manager, and a move away from his endless supply of foreign nitwits. If we forget all this negative crap, and find ways to get to Roland using the media with positive support for OUR Club and what we know we need, we might get somewhere. Brakes on the mouths please and get the brains into gear.

I agree Granpa, campaign for what we want in a positive way, but I really don't get the British manager line. We need a quality manager with experience of top football. Where he comes from really does not make an ounce of difference. We were more or less begging for Pardew to become manager, during that awful game against Wycombe Wanderers, success or failure is not about nationality.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just thinking of the likes of Gudmundsson being convinced to sign an extension in the summer. Must be regretting that decision.

Why? He almost, certainly, signed for the money after his agent couldn't get him a move to the Premier League. I'm also not convinced that he is good enough for the Premier League so I suspect that his options were, somewhat, limited. He has also been playing. He has to accept some responsibility for where we are.

That's the weird thing about footballers. Aside from their misplaced arrogance (or belief that they can perform at a higher level than they, actually, can) most of them end up in a side commensurate with their abilities. I'm not sure Gudmundsson would get into the first team of any of the current top six. I'm not saying he wouldn't, just that I'm not sure he would. He may well have negotiated a contract that pays him more than he is worth - or more than anyone else would pay him. Most of the players that say they want to play in the Premier League really mean they want to earn Premier League wages. From memory JBG and Buyens talked about the huge increase from moving to a Prem team at a fans meeting.

In actual fact we have a few players that need to be moved on now would certainly need to be moved on if we were to get to the Premier League, Thus promotion mightn't be the outcome that they expect it to be.
  • edited October 2015
    I remember being angry when Parkinson was given the job 'based on results' when he didn't get any. I actually felt like I wanted us to be relegated to make my point that we should have replaced him. I still remember first thinking it while we were losing to Forrest (I think). I spent two years in League One realising how stupid it was for me to want us to go down at all.

I am not happy with what's going on. From the owner down to the players that looked like they weren't trying their hardest on Saturday, never mind Tuesday. However anything less than our best (from all at the club and the fans) risks another stay in the third division. That would be unthinkable. I wouldn't refuse to buy a season ticket on principle, but I think I might choose to have a year off. I don't want to be disrespectful to teams in the forth division trying their hardest to get promoted, but I, honestly, think I would rather do something else on a Saturday than watch us in that division again.

Call me a glory boy if you will but I'd be back when we are promoted but the third division is not what I want to watch any more.
  • edited October 2015
    he MUST be supported .. too much bile and spleen venting from 'the fans' will only affect the performance of the players and make failure and relegation more of a certainty.
    Who knows, Mr Fry might have a few good ideas and be an expert player motivator
  • Greenie said:

I dont care if he is the greatest manager ever, I just cannot support a bloke with a birds name.

Shirley Crabtree (Hit the canvas)
    Marion Morrison (get off your horse and drink your milk)
    Alice Cooper( schools out)

Oh Karel you are just a fool,
    You are just Roland's so and so.
    And you will have to go.
  • Funnily enough, I'm now more likely to buy a ticket just to see what the atmosphere is like at the ground.
  • I'm surprised I haven't read anything substantial on any other thread about Wim de Corte.
    He does seem to have had some good experience in Jupiler pro league and the Belgian 2nd division. In fact, his credentials are arguably better than Fraeyer.
    Perhaps together they could make a good team.
    However, aren't we all too happy to judge before the event?
  • I'm surprised I haven't read anything substantial on any other thread about Wim de Corte.
    He does seem to have had some good experience in Jupiler pro league and the Belgian 2nd division. In fact, his credentials are arguably better than Fraeyer.

It's not that, it's the attitude of our owner
  • se9addick said:

Has a manager ever made the step up from such a low level to Championship in one step ?

Can only think of

- Dave Hockaday who went from Forest Green to Leeds
    - Mark Cooper who went from Kettering to Peterborough then Telford to Swindon
  • stonemuse said:

I'm surprised I haven't read anything substantial on any other thread about Wim de Corte.

It's not that, it's the attitude of our owner
    Accepted. But KF has already been written off. Of course I'm not happy with our clown of an owner, but I believe you should get behind the 2 coaches. One of them didn't do badly last time.