Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Our next manager at the game today?

Comments

• I don't think Luzon will be sacked still...

I was thinking the same. At Liege he wouldn't sack Luzon until the Liege fans started get really poisonous towards him. Liege were in no danger of relegation however. This could have a bearing on things as his investment would lose a huge amount of value if we did go down.

I tend to agree. I think he will be given time to turn it around. End of November if things are not better should be about right.

• Now listen to this:

was chatting with someone who works at the club and still does,

"Riga was bang on fitness and worked the players- that was his thing.Fraeye was the tactician and watched the players etc, Don't take credit away from Riga, but Fraeye was a heavy influence on the team performances"

Would we take him?

We wouldn't have a choice.
  • If we get this racist chump when Nigel Pearson is available there is absolutely no hope for this regime

Money will come into it. Malky would be far cheaper than Pearson.

• If we get this racist chump when Nigel Pearson is available there is absolutely no hope for this regime

Well I'd love Pearson but I'm sure Villa or someone will want him soon enough. Should at least give him a call though.

Do you honestly think

A: he would come to a basket case of a club like ours
    B: We would pay even a third of the wages he would want

• Didn't he get Wigan relagated? Good choice then.......
  • Brian McDermott?

Fuck that.
    Fuck Mackay
    Fuck Jewell
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

CAFCsayer said:

Yes please... I liked Luzon, but the selection Tuesday and taking Mak off today was appalling

Mak was injured , only suppose to play 45 mins like Moussa , if you bothered to look if you were there that is you would have Mak leg being strapped up with ice bags attached .......
    If he could only last 45 minutes then only a complete idiot would start him.
  • Don't want him anywhere near our club

Money will come into it. Malky would be far cheaper than Pearson.

J BLOCK said:

If we get this racist chump when Nigel Pearson is available there is absolutely no hope for this regime

Do you honestly think

A: he would come to a basket case of a club like ours
    B: We would pay even a third of the wages he would want

If we get this racist chump when Nigel Pearson is available there is absolutely no hope for this regime

Well I'd love Pearson but I'm sure Villa or someone will want him soon enough. Should at least give him a call though.
    You all speak the depressing truth.
  • Out of work managers watch football matches, it's what they do.

Doesnt automatically mean he's being considered.
  • Erm wasnt Pearson sacked by Leicester for racial issues?
  • Erm wasnt Pearson sacked by Leicester for racial issues?

his son was, nigel was sacked pretty much to save face.
  • colin1961 said:

CAFCsayer said:

Yes please... I liked Luzon, but the selection Tuesday and taking Mak off today was appalling

Mak was injured , only suppose to play 45 mins like Moussa , if you bothered to look if you were there that is you would have Mak leg being strapped up with ice bags attached .......
    Colin please m8, Luzon is bloody clueless, players only supposed to play45 mins, thats silly
  • colin1961 said:

cfgs said:

colin1961 said:

CAFCsayer said:

Took a gamble and if we had converted our three good chances we had in a first half that we deserved something from them it would have been a master stroke
    But then had to use two of our substitutes? Colin I admire your tenacity and loyalty, but you do make yourself look a ninny far too often.
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

cfgs said:

colin1961 said:

CAFCsayer said:

Took a gamble and if we had converted our three good chances we had in a first half that we deserved something from them it would have been a master stroke
    And if we'd won all of our games this season we would be top of the league... See I can talk crap too.
  • Yes fucking please!
  • Brian McDermott?

Fuck that.
    Fuck Mackay
    Fuck Jewell
    Deffo not Jewell

It's a complete no brainer. It HAS to be Curbishley.

Would lift the fans but can't see him wanting to take us atm.
  • edited October 2015
    Great lets swap a maniac for a racist person of non pc opinions that relegated parachute payment receiving Wigan.

Sounds like a good plan.

I tend to agree. I think he will be given time to turn it around. End of November if things are not better should be about right.

From BP after he was sacked..

Peeters comments: "I was idolized" Bob Peeters reacted on his resignation from the English second division club Charlton. He was ditched and Duchatelet chose Luzon. Especially Director Katrien Meire had to bear the brunt. Bob Peeters reacted very disappointed. "What kind of person is Katrien Meire? I ask myself now. In the beginning we could work well together, but I regularly reacted against her. The fans also saw that reinforcements were needed," says Peeters. He thinks that the club was exaggerating. "There were clear goals in the beginning of the season. This season we had to have a quiet season with a very young team. Eventually we were thirteenth with 31 points. The results were less the last weeks, I admit." Promises were however made to Peeters. "When two days before your resignation they guarantee you that you can stay, it is strange that you get sacked on Sunday." Apparently, the lesser cooperation with the English staff members caused the resignation. Many things have appeared in the press that are not correct "It is strange that nothing was said to me. Strange that an assistant can ultimately determine the fate of the head coach." Normally Peeters never respond after a layoff. "Now I make an exception, because things have appeared that are not right. I was hailed by players and fans." Some players will have to collaborate again with Guy Luzon, the man who didn’t need them at Standard. "Some of them are not at all satisfied, but that’s none of my business anymore."

So even though KM has assured us Luzon is safe - who knows?

• We have been screaming out fot a British manager since powell tried to take us down and now one is suggested we make out that RD is taking us backwards.
  • Colin 1961 - I take it you have no interest in success returning to the club then. Not for me I'm afraid. Curbs would have us back in the Premiership within 3 years. His record speaks for itself. And please don't give me any guff about having been out of the game for 6 years. Like swimming you don't forget how to manage effectively with the passage of time. He knows good players from bad and knows how to set teams up. I pray common sense prevails and he returns to his rightful home.

Much as I loved Curbs, I don't think even he could perform the miracle we need with the current resources. Besides, he probably wouldn't come even if the job was offered to him. Curbs lived and breathed the Club, he had a say in so many parts of the day to day stuff at the club, I can't see him wanting to come back when he wouldn't even get a say in which players come in and which leave.