Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - seriously......

Comments

• mogodon said:

Hex said:

RD may be mad but he is not stupid. Has he called KF into his cave and said "your ideas are not working. You are losing me lots of money. Prove it works by making my club in England - I forget their name - a success. This is your, and the experiment's last chance. Go now and if you fail, don't come back" ?

I always thought he could not possibly be so stupid as appears ... that was, until Fraeye's appointment. Perhaps he is not stupid, but if not then he is possibly the most arrogant man in Europe (and there's a hell of a lot of competition), a businessman who refuses to change direction even when every single signal from one of your 'companies' is indicating you are accelerating towards a cliff
    Perhaps he CAN see the cliff edge and pushed KF towards it - survive or you and the experiment go over it.
  • Paul Lambert is the dream choice but would prolly cost too much even though he'd keep us up

Lambert would want control of the budget and final say on who we bring in as would any self-respecting manager.

They want to give it to Fraeye and they will give it to Fraeye if they can find the slightest excuse to do so.

Our only hope is Karel himself realises he's not up to it and says no.

which he won't do ... he wants the profile in this country
  • braydex said:

Chris O'Loughlin - current manager of Sint Truiden - mid table Belgian league

• Benni McCarthy is one of Chris O'Loughlin's assistants at Sint-Truiden. He replaced Yanick Ferrera who left to manage...you guessed it...Standard Liege.

• Dazzler21 said:

braydex said:

Last 14 games (including 1 in the cup): won 3, drawn 2, lost 9.
  • edited January 2016

Dazzler21 said:

braydex said:

Sign him up!!!!

Edit: Did he win in the Cup, if so, get him in pronto!!
  • Dazzler21 said:

braydex said:

Sign him up!!!!

No, lost to Standard Liege, of all clubs.
  • Dazzler21 said:

braydex said:

Sign him up!!!!

No, lost to Standard Liege, of all clubs.
    Meh... Wont hold it against him then, our current idiot doesnt have the best of Cup records

Just hope he goes 2-1-7 when shite hits the fan when we start losing!!
  • In my opinion, the manager is more important than any player, should be paid more if he is any good. He's coaching, tactics, confidence and player buying opinion, will do better than having a cheap useless manager with good players
  • edited January 2016
    I still think that the nucleus of this squad is more than capable of staying up given the right man at the helm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not without a goal scorer coming in
  • edited January 2016

Not without a goal scorer coming in

With Vetokele and Lookman up front looks decent - given that 1) He gets back to 18 months ago and 2) Arsenal lend him back for rest of season respectively.
  • Can't see Igor making any sort of impact unless he crashes into the advertising.
  • edited January 2016
    Didn't O'Loughlin get St. Truiden promoted last season? Not surprising his recent record isn't that great if they are a newly promoted side in the top division. When you look at the table they've got 21 points from 25 games, which isn't a bad return considering. We've played 25 games and still haven't got 21 points, and on paper we have a team that should be doing better.

I'm not saying that O'Loughlin is the answer to our problems, I'm just pointing out that in the main, he has done pretty well at St. Truiden.
  • Didn't O'Loughlin get St. Truiden promoted last season? Not surprising his recent record isn't that great if they are a newly promoted side in the top division. When you look at the table they've got 21 points from 25 games, which isn't a bad return considering. We've played 25 games and still haven't got 21 points, and on paper we have a team that should be doing better.

I'm not saying that O'Loughlin is the answer to our problems, I'm just pointing out that in the main, he has done pretty well at St. Truiden.

Nah that was Yannick Ferrera who has gone to Standard Liege... O'Loughlin was his Assistant in the promotion year though
  • Didn't O'Loughlin get St. Truiden promoted last season? Not surprising his recent record isn't that great if they are a newly promoted side in the top division. When you look at the table they've got 21 points from 25 games, which isn't a bad return considering. We've played 25 games and still haven't got 21 points, and on paper we have a team that should be doing better.

Nah that was Yannick Ferrera who has gone to Standard Liege... O'Loughlin was his Assistant in the promotion year though
    Ok gotcha, thanks for putting that right.

Ok gotcha, thanks for putting that right.
    I think you'll find that he"masterminded" their promotion....

• Who would take it though?

We must seriously be one of the most toxic clubs in Europe at the moment.

• Warnock

Well if we are going to become a laughing stock we may as well be hated too

But seriously - Pay the man whatever he wants. Pay him the same again if you avoid relegation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Walt Disney?
  • I genuinely don't have a fucking clue what happens next. It's like some weird art house film.
  • We have a good squad,bar one or two.
    The coaching needs a complete overhaul,it has been awful for ages.We get less from our players than teams like Rotherham or Preston manage.They work their players hard,use a rigid system and don't settle for second best.
    We MUST now have a manager with Championship experience.
    I dislike Warnock but,and I'm starting to get desperate now,if we had him I would expect us to stay up.Are we sure we can't nominate someone else though?
  • Aslong as the next manager has a brain and a bit of dignity, he can't do any worse.

We look a shambles, a clueless shambles.

If KF isn't gone by the end of tomorrow then this is clearly all being done for some psychological social experiment because no way on Earth should he keep his job.
  • Probably Bob peeters interim , they should all fuck off sell Roland sell .
  • Player/Manager = Jacko till end of season.

This is what I'm expecting to be announced

• I'm going for a tenner on the Ujpest bloke.
  • I'm lumping on the bloke at Alcoron
  • Iron Ivan is nailed on