Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - seriously......

Comments

• uncle said:

Jose will be available soon after being lessoned "The West Ham Way"

• edited October 2015
    Love the AD definition @Stig

BCE is before common era usually.

what is it now? Calamitous? Confusing? Catastrophic
    Chaotic would be my choice but comedy is good
  • edited October 2015
    Gus Poyet has taken AEK Athens job, so won't be him.
  • That's good, gets him off our TV, could never understand a word he said.
  • edited October 2015
    cabbles said:

I just google imaged 'men from Belgium' It could be any of these men.

Just random blokes from Belgium we've never heard of. Any and all stand a good chance

The 2nd one from the right is one of the richest French: Bernard Arnault. Owns LVMH (louis vuitton moët Hennessy).
  • Rumour from a neighbour in the outbacks of Shropshire about Charlton being interested in Dean Smith (Walsall Manager)
  • Shrew said:

Rumour from a neighbour in the outbacks of Shropshire about Charlton being interested in Dean Smith (Walsall Manager)

I doubt they have heard of Walsall
  • After a fantastic result today, it will be Freye in tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• redsek said:

Sorry but Snowy has better coaching qualifications

• Lambert or O Driscoll.
  • edited October 2015
    Eddy Merckx....

Any normal club would talk to Paul Lambert. Proven track record at this level. But we ain't a normal club.

Roger De Vlamaeck? Tom Boonen?
  • Sean O'Driscoll is available !
  • Paul Lambert is the dream choice but would prolly cost too much even though he'd keep us up
  • What about Billy Davies or Paul Tisdale?

Then when Tisdale gets sacked he could be TisWas.
  • Paul Lambert is the dream choice but would prolly cost too much even though he'd keep us up

Lambert would want control of the budget and final say on who we bring in as would any self-respecting manager.

They want to give it to Fraeye and they will give it to Fraeye if they can find the slightest excuse to do so.

Our only hope is Karel himself realises he's not up to it and says no.

Lambert would want control of the budget and final say on who we bring in as would any self-respecting manager.

They want to give it to Fraeye and they will give it to Fraeye if they can find the slightest excuse to do so.

Or we get battered 3,4-0's every week,which is very likely.
  • I like Lambert but he struggled with a similar policy to ours at Villa.

Hasselbaink or Edinburgh for me. O'Driscoll plays good football but I'm not sure he's got it in him to keep us up.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Roland does ever appoint a UK based manager (if the penny ever drops that his network managers arent up to it) then it will be an up & coming Dean Smith or Hasselbaink type appointment rather than a proven championship manager like Lambert. He is much more likely to hire a manager with no / little championship experience so he can get away with making them one of the lowest paid managers in the league than pay the going rate for a proven championship manager. In his eyes it would be better to take the risk that it may work out than pay someone who definitely can do the job a higher salary as that not only saves on costs but gives Roland better potential to earn good compensation if the manager makes his name here and gets approached by a prem club in the future. It will be all about resale value and cheapest possible salary options.

Spot on. Exactly what I think.
  • edited November 2015

Paul Lambert is the dream choice but would prolly cost too much even though he'd keep us up

Agree with this and would add that should KF refuse or be un appointable because of results then we will see another Belgian, Dutchman or Frenchman who have been plying their trade in relatively lowly teams but used to the player acquisition model. It won't work.

In fact love him or hate him I think Hasselbaink is the only hope we have of having someone appointed that fits the nationality criteria who might understand what's needed.

• Clutching at straws, I know, but could it, just could it be a good thing that KF is now Head Coach ?

He's been popping up at the club since day 1 and since there is no evidence that he is a coach of any merit then it seems logical that he is RD's football puppeteer. He is the experiment's man-at-the-top.

RD may be mad but he is not stupid. Has he called KF into his cave and said "your ideas are not working. You are losing me lots of money. Prove it works by making my club in England - I forget their name - a success. This is your, and the experiment's last chance. Go now and if you fail, don't come back" ?
  • I just don't see the point in buying a club then not putting someone who is up to it in charge. I like the analogy of putting a small shop manager in charge f a FTSE 100 company
  • If Roland does ever appoint a UK based manager (if the penny ever drops that his network managers arent up to it) then it will be an up & coming Dean Smith or Hasselbaink type appointment rather than a proven championship manager like Lambert. He is much more likely to hire a manager with no / little championship experience so he can get away with making them one of the lowest paid managers in the league than pay the going rate for a proven championship manager. In his eyes it would be better to take the risk that it may work out than pay someone who definitely can do the job a higher salary as that not only saves on costs but gives Roland better potential to earn good compensation if the manager makes his name here and gets approached by a prem club in the future. It will be all about resale value and cheapest possible salary options.

Smith and Hasselbaink are heading for the Championship with their own clubs, in stable jobs. Why would they want to come to a club dropping into the League they have just left and into a club with such a bizarre set up? The football grapevine works very quickly - all 92 clubs will be aware of the shambles at Charlton & the disgruntled, disaffected fan base.

• I just don't see the point in buying a club then not putting someone who is up to it in charge. I like the analogy of putting a small shop manager in charge f a FTSE 100 company

But our head coach, whoever it is, isn't remotely "in charge" at all so the analogy isn't the same.

It's like buying a FTSE100 company sacking all of the experienced senior employees and trying to run the whole thing yourself by issuing instructions to a young, ambitious but wildly out of their depth yes-man/woman.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

If Roland does ever appoint a UK based manager (if the penny ever drops that his network managers arent up to it) then it will be an up & coming Dean Smith or Hasselbaink type appointment rather than a proven championship manager like Lambert. He is much more likely to hire a manager with no / little championship experience so he can get away with making them one of the lowest paid managers in the league than pay the going rate for a proven championship manager. In his eyes it would be better to take the risk that it may work out than pay someone who definitely can do the job a higher salary as that not only saves on costs but gives Roland better potential to earn good compensation if the manager makes his name here and gets approached by a prem club in the future. It will be all about resale value and cheapest possible salary options.

Smith and Hasselbaink are heading for the Championship with their own clubs, in stable jobs. Why would they want to come to a club dropping into the League they have just left and into a club with such a bizarre set up? The football grapevine works very quickly - all 92 clubs will be aware of the shambles at Charlton & the disgruntled, disaffected fan base.

Because we are a biiger club with better players and, more importantly, should pay him more monry.
  • Redrobo said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

If Roland does ever appoint a UK based manager (if the penny ever drops that his network managers arent up to it) then it will be an up & coming Dean Smith or Hasselbaink type appointment rather than a proven championship manager like Lambert. He is much more likely to hire a manager with no / little championship experience so he can get away with making them one of the lowest paid managers in the league than pay the going rate for a proven championship manager. In his eyes it would be better to take the risk that it may work out than pay someone who definitely can do the job a higher salary as that not only saves on costs but gives Roland better potential to earn good compensation if the manager makes his name here and gets approached by a prem club in the future. It will be all about resale value and cheapest possible salary options.

Because we are a biiger club with better players and, more importantly, should pay him more monry.
    Heading for League One, with no budget and an owner with no plan, other than improving the Academy. Charlton Alexandra.
  • Redrobo said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

This. We have far more potential to make it to the prem (not soon obviously but one day) than Walsall & Burton. As much as we are in a mess at the moment, the Charlton manager post would still attract good candidates. Good fans, london based, good ground, good training facilities and a history of bringing through good youth players. It would appeal to many, especially any manager working in league one or below (sadly that includes the Belgium 3rd division!)

The only big issue is our transfer policy. Roland will have to let the manager have final say if we are going to attract the best available....admittedly however that is unlikely until RD / KM ever accept that their current strategy isnt working.
  • Hex said:

RD may be mad but he is not stupid. Has he called KF into his cave and said "your ideas are not working. You are losing me lots of money. Prove it works by making my club in England - I forget their name - a success. This is your, and the experiment's last chance. Go now and if you fail, don't come back" ?

I always thought he could not possibly be so stupid as appears ... that was, until Fraeye's appointment. Perhaps he is not stupid, but if not then he is possibly the most arrogant man in Europe (and there's a hell of a lot of competition), a businessman who refuses to change direction even when every single signal from one of your 'companies' is indicating you are accelerating towards a cliff