Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - seriously......

Comments

• One of these two for sure:

Karel Fraeye
    Yannick Ferrera

I reckon most likely is Karel Fraeye who still visits the Valley on a regular basis.
  • Don't think it'll be Yannick Ferrera... He only joined Standard Liege about a month ago
  • Roland doesn't have any control of Liege anymore so you can forget their manager.

If we do change head coach I reckon it'll be the French coach who was linked randomly before the start of the summer. He is also out of work...
  • Roland doesn't have any control of Liege anymore so you can forget their manager.

If we do change head coach I reckon it'll be the French coach who was linked randomly before the start of the summer. He is also out of work...

Pascal Dupraz
  • Would rather we stuck with Luzon but should he go, O'Loughlin is a good shout. Has STVV doing very well in his first season after stepping up from assistant manager.
  • DRAddick said:

This blokes free, with the current CEO of his side.

He's not free, He died in the last episode (spoiler alert).
    that's handy Guy could have the job he,s left vacant ! Surely it's a network job ?
  • Nigel Pearson for me.
  • What about Billy Davies or Paul Tisdale?
  • Sponsored links:

• IA said:

Powell 16/1

Why would we want a manager who was relegated with Huddersfield last season and is now below Charlton in the league.

I know I'm biased, but I don't understand your comment Henry
  • What about Suggs ?

He knows a bit about football as a Chelsea supporter and has plenty of black and white clothing.

And he's neither a Kid nor Foreign.
  • Staring at the original list is like staring into the abyss. It really does worry me if GL doesn't work out. There are some really obscure appointments to be found. And boy do I believe RD can find them. My nightmare would be Tim Sherwood though obviously. Be my comeuppance for continually slating him on the Tim Sherwood thread. I can see it all transpiring now. Dark clouds, him telling it like it is.....
  • cabbles said:

Staring at the original list is like staring into the abyss.

'Staring into the abyss' would make a great name for a Charlton fanzine.
  • Bob peeters? Why is he being mentioned
  • Marcus Bent, obviously.
    He'd give the players some get up and go, and if they failed to respond he'd use his meat cleaver.

Utter tosser
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-34621987
  • Should've gone for Gary Rowett
  • Karel Fraeye

but I would like Nathan Jones to be given a chance
  • What about Micky Adams, he seems to have managed most clubs in the Football League, not to any great success I may add.
  • RedPanda said:

It'll be Karel Fraeye then we'll be told there were a dozen-plus interviews.

Fraeye's name continually gets brought up when another manager is outed, but does not get the job.
    Do not know why he has not been appointed before now, can anyone shed any light?
  • Sponsored links:

• People should get it out of their heads of a British manager coming in, however obvious(not to the Belgians of course) and sensible it is.
  • Jose will be available soon after being lessoned "The West Ham Way"
  • PL54 said:

What about Suggs ?

He knows a bit about football as a Chelsea supporter and has plenty of black and white clothing.

And he's neither a Kid nor Foreign.

That is a no from me. In his autobiography he boasts about being part of the Chelsea firm who set fire to the Valley in the 70's when we beat them 4-0.
  • Marcus Bent, obviously.
    He'd give the players some get up and go, and if they failed to respond he'd use his meat cleaver.

Utter tosser
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-34621987

'He is believed to have retired in 2012'
  • Curbs

Fans choice, the obvious and sensible choice.
    Imagine how it would lift the place if he came back.
  • Curbs stands up for himself and takes his employers to court (and wins) if they don't play nice. I can't see Roland appointing someone like that.
  • I hope the board from previous appointments. Not go down the foreign route this has been tried and tested and failed. Being in a manager with Championship experience and let him have the say in who comes in. Another foreign appointment would be two fingers up at the fans.