Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland out, Katrien Out, Brussels Out!!!!

Comments

• colin1961 said:

Does GL actually pick the team or is it RD in his office playing Fantasy Football? How else would one explain putting out a side as imbalanced as he did tonight?

Simple injuries ..... That was the youngest team we have ever put out tonight and the fans were a disgrace , young players need support,
    Good points tonight Big Mc getting 20 mins , Tariq Dennis and Sarr

Poor , Solly, Cousins and Fox

Grant not ready for a starting role

Lol.. we conceded before the fans had even turned up, blaming them for losing 0-3 to Preston? You forgot Bergdich who was 10x as bad as the 3 you named. WUM WUM WUM.
    What was a disgrace was the not fit to wear the shirt singing at the end of the game - yep the players and manager screwed up but such abuse is not justified and won't achieve anything whatsoever especially with young players.
  • Maybe they could at least respect us as fans and paying customers enough to explain the plan. I appreciate we must be incredibly stupid not to get it, but if we understood it would surely help!

Didn't they already try to explain it a couple of months ago? If I remember correctly it was to be in a position to be able to stay in the Championship and then see how we were doing in January and if in January we are doing well then invest and make a bit of a push for a play-off spot.

We're clearly not in a position to be certain that we'll stay in this league. I for one was really confident in this but it looks as if we've been found out and it's clear to me that a number of the decent players we had on the bench last night won't make a big contribution to the season given their reoccurring fitness issues. It'll be interesting and I'm sure extremely frustrating to see how our tosser of an owner gets us out of this one.
  • Maybe they could at least respect us as fans and paying customers enough to explain the plan. I appreciate we must be incredibly stupid not to get it, but if we understood it would surely help!

Didn't they already try to explain it a couple of months ago? If I remember correctly it was to be in a position to be able to stay in the Championship and then see how we were doing in January and if in January we are doing well then invest and make a bit of a push for a play-off spot.

We're clearly not in a position to be certain that we'll stay in this league. I for one was really confident in this but it looks as if we've been found out and it's clear to me that a number of the decent players we had on the bench last night won't make a big contribution to the season given their reoccurring fitness issues. It'll be interesting and I'm sure extremely frustrating to see how our tosser of an owner gets us out of this one.
    Oh - I didn't realise that was the master plan - like how we are going to progress going forwards, how it is going to work etc...

Oh - I didn't realise that was the master plan - like how we are going to progress going forwards, how it is going to work etc...
    Yeah I don't think they specified how we are going to progress forwards. We all know they're not in a hurry though, that's no secret.
  • colin1961 said:

Does GL actually pick the team or is it RD in his office playing Fantasy Football? How else would one explain putting out a side as imbalanced as he did tonight?

Simple injuries ..... That was the youngest team we have ever put out tonight and the fans were a disgrace , young players need support,

@colin1961 are you for real? perhaps you are RD/KM in disguise, but we know your are just plain Bexleyboy. Tonight, as I have posted elsewhere, you start with your strongest most experienced and balanced side. Big Mac, Moussa, JJ, and leave KAG, THD and 1 of 3 left backs on the bench (Berg or Fox I guess), then you take control of the game, hopefully be in front after 60 minutes then substitute as legs get tired and drop into a more defensive formation. You don't start with your weakest side and try and play catch up.....now do you understand? I know you think the sun shines out of Rd/KM/GL backside, but it doesn't please wake up and smell the coffee. Please!!
    Those 3 you mentioned have all just recovered from injuries - 2 very long term. Maybe they could have made a better impact than others but why risk having them out for another long period just for one game?
    I'm pretty sure they couldn't have lasted 60mins last night so how about you wake up to the facts?
  • You all make me laugh, constantly using Roland as a scapegoat for all that goes wrong. When Luzon was doing well there was rare mention of 'fuck the belgian' but now he is on a poor run we blame Roland. I don't think everything in his nework has gone well but what has changed here, Luzon or Roland? To be fair we do have a very thin squad once again but is this really the blame for our poor performances? Good teams can work with few options. I for one actually admire Roland for staying with the likes of Peeters and now Luzon for what is nowadays quite a long poor streak, whereas at other network clubs like Leeds they don't even try giving managers a fair chance.

Recruitment policy is a total shambles and if you cannot see that I'm amazed.

The typical thoughts of a Charlton Life user
    Month ago: This is a very exciting squad this season let's push on and have a good season.
    Now: This recruitment is a mess! I swear I've been telling you all this time, but no! RD never listens does he?
  • ^ lol. Apparently, you are a Charlton Life user.

But, anyway, different voices you're conflating there.
  • LoOkOuT said:

^ lol. Apparently, you are a Charlton Life user.

But, anyway, different voices you're conflating there.

I'm refering to the general consensus on here not everyone... hence the use of the word 'typical'
  • You all make me laugh, constantly using Roland as a scapegoat for all that goes wrong. When Luzon was doing well there was rare mention of 'fuck the belgian' but now he is on a poor run we blame Roland. I don't think everything in his nework has gone well but what has changed here, Luzon or Roland? To be fair we do have a very thin squad once again but is this really the blame for our poor performances? Good teams can work with few options. I for one actually admire Roland for staying with the likes of Peeters and now Luzon for what is nowadays quite a long poor streak, whereas at other network clubs like Leeds they don't even try giving managers a fair chance.

Recruitment policy is a total shambles and if you cannot see that I'm amazed.

The typical thoughts of a Charlton Life user
    Month ago: This is a very exciting squad this season let's push on and have a good season.
    Now: This recruitment is a mess! I swear I've been telling you all this time, but no! RD never listens does he?
    I have never mentioned about an exciting squad under the Belgians but have ALWAYS questioned the recruitment policy.
  • edited October 2015

colin1961 said:

@colin1961 are you for real? perhaps you are RD/KM in disguise, but we know your are just plain Bexleyboy. Tonight, as I have posted elsewhere, you start with your strongest most experienced and balanced side. Big Mac, Moussa, JJ, and leave KAG, THD and 1 of 3 left backs on the bench (Berg or Fox I guess), then you take control of the game, hopefully be in front after 60 minutes then substitute as legs get tired and drop into a more defensive formation. You don't start with your weakest side and try and play catch up.....now do you understand? I know you think the sun shines out of Rd/KM/GL backside, but it doesn't please wake up and smell the coffee. Please!!
    Those 3 you mentioned have all just recovered from injuries - 2 very long term. Maybe they could have made a better impact than others but why risk having them out for another long period just for one game?
    I'm pretty sure they couldn't have lasted 60 mins last night so how about you wake up to the facts?
    I know the 3 I mentioned have been out, 2 of them long term, the point I was making is it is no good bringing them on when the game has gone, would have been better then not have them on the bench in case of injury if played for just 5 minutes. Therefore I would have started them, and not played 3 left backs or a young lad out of position on his full league debut. We won't agree on this and that's fine, but perhaps we can agree on RD/KM running the club with such a thin squad as soon as injuries come along we were damned if we do and damned if we don't, but @colin1961 does not see or won't admit to the aforementioned duo being out of touch with Championship football and how to run a squad. I'll stick by my comments that I would have started with the strongest possible 11 to try and get our noses in front, then make substitutions as soon as I could, 40, 50, 60 minutes. Waking up to facts is not what I need to do, but @colin1961 does.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm at breaking point with regards to RD and KM.

I like GL but iam craving the return off this man.

No to anyone on RD's personal network. IMO Success comes via wise spending, and a wise "British" coach with Championship experience. To appoint Riga or anyone else would not make a iota of difference under the current situation.
  • Just after the Red, Red Robin is played we should put on
    'It's a heartache' by Bonnie Tyler. Sums up the club at the moment.
    May give RD and KM an idea just how we all feel!
  • bobmunro said:

I've always tried to be a voice of reason - reserve judgement, wait and see, RD is a shrewd businessman, slowly but surely add investment without risking financial security, long-term plan, invest in the kids, blah blah blah

However I'll now come off the fence as I don't really like splinters on my arse - they can now all **** off back to Belgium.

Exactly where I am.
  • When Roland took over, we were 22nd in the league. 4 managers, countless players and just under 2 seasons later, we're 22nd in the league. Great progress.

I think this is the most succinct and poignant post so far. Really good post crookester.
  • colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

I'm pretty sure they couldn't have lasted 60mins last night so how about you wake up to the facts?
    At last someone with sense .... The head Physio confirmed today that Big Mc , Moussa and Jackson were not fit enough to start last night, already they have said that Big Mc will not start Saturday because of his injury , Gudmunnson will return but that looks like the only one ......
    If that is the case, we need some players in on emergency loan sooner rather than later
  • Why do we have players out on loan? Guy Luzon crying over lack of a winger. What's wrong with Harriott tearing it up in L1? Poor management of the club as a whole at the moment. From the fitness/coaching team down to the tactics and the transfers, it's all amiss and quite frankly embarassing.
  • edited October 2015
    mrbligh said:

Can't wait till the academy building is finished

I can see how that's going to go too:

Old buildings at Sparrows Lane demolished.
    Duchatalet dies immediately.
    No money at all.
    Building works get cancelled.
    Academy goes from Cat 2 to Cat 4 status
    Players have to change in a scout's second-hand ridge tent.
    Physio's department gets a marquee.
    This will be the management team's office:

Pessimist me? What makes you say that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Why do we have players out on loan? Guy Luzon crying over lack of a winger. What's wrong with Harriott tearing it up in L1? Poor management of the club as a whole at the moment. From the fitness/coaching team down to the tactics and the transfers, it's all amiss and quite frankly embarassing.

To save money
  • So, been away for the day... what's the plan? I am prepared to do anything to get this shower of shite out of my club, except maybe giving up brussell sprouts at Christmas!
  • Calm down dears!!
  • When Roland took over, we were 22nd in the league. 4 managers, countless players and just under 2 seasons later, we're 22nd in the league. Great progress.

22nd in the league with about a hundred games in hand...
  • edited October 2015
    colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

At last someone with sense .... The head Physio confirmed today that Big Mc , Moussa and Jackson were not fit enough to start last night, already they have said that Big Mc will not start Saturday because of his injury , Gudmunnson will return but that looks like the only one ......
    @colin1961, no he didn't, read what I posted from Erol on the OS, he DID NOT say they weren't fit to start and Moussa not even mentioned!! and no mention of Big Mac being out for Saturday.....are you dreaming shit up?
  • Leaving my spat with @colin1961 to one side for the time being...I think we have a massive problem with RD/KM behind the scenes. Look at the facts, CP couldn't work with them - gone, AD left at end of season, Nathan Jones and Ben Roberts moved on, Riga did very well but not retained or decided not to stay, in came Big Bob, out went Big Bob, in comes GL now he is struggling as well, common denominator RD/KM,....... coincidence?
  • Unfortunately all that Roland knows about football is buying and selling Clubs. Katrien's knowledge of football would not get her into a Subbuteo League, and Guy Lose-on is only good at making excuses. He totally failed to appreciate that if you have big Simon flicking on the headers, you must have others driving on them towards goal. Coach? He is not even a Mini Bus!
  • Leaving my spat with @colin1961 to one side for the time being...I think we have a massive problem with RD/KM behind the scenes. Look at the facts, CP couldn't work with them - gone, AD left at end of season, Nathan Jones and Ben Roberts moved on, Riga did very well but not retained or decided not to stay, in came Big Bob, out went Big Bob, in comes GL now he is struggling as well, common denominator RD/KM,....... coincidence?

Some people used to think our old backroom staff were being just bitter, how wrong they were!