Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"Luzon not in danger of losing his job" KM

Comments

• IF Luzon were to go my money would be on Karel Fraeye but I don't think Luzon will go.

We will get some if not all of the players back and we'll finish mid-table.

Then we'll sell a few players in the summer, others will disappear out on loan never to be heard of again, some promising academy players will be pushed into the first team to make up the numbers and we'll sign half a dozen players from overseas and we start all over again with a promising but too small and too inexperienced squad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWtCittJyr0
  • MrLargo said:

This is the quote that worries me-:
    I spoke to Guy over the weekend and told him not to worry - that he is not under any pressure.
    “He is only under pressure to get points."
    So if he doesn't get points they'll keep him on.....Yeah right what a load of old tosh!! No points = Tin Tack

What a pity, I liked KM, but this one sentence makes no sense at all!!!

I hadn't picked up on that, what a peculiar comment. It's a good job that she's clarified that he's only under pressure to pick up points, prior to that I'd been mistakenly holding him accountable for the season ticket fiasco, the Crossbars shambles and the constant lack of quilted bog roll in the gents.
    How did things work out with everyone's free hotdog following the Bournemouth 'parody' ?
  • edited October 2015

IF Luzon were to go my money would be on Karel Fraeye but I don't think Luzon will go.

Then we'll sell a few players in the summer, others will disappear out on loan never to be heard of again, some promising academy players will be pushed into the first team to make up the numbers and we'll sign half a dozen players from overseas and we start all over again with a promising but too small and too inexperienced squad.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.

Although attributed to both Albert Einstein and Rita Mae Brown, I first read that on New York Addick's blog. It seems very appropriate here!
  • IF Luzon were to go my money would be on Karel Fraeye but I don't think Luzon will go.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.
    Only according to Einstein and he was a philanderer who married his cousin
  • Hmmm why do I feel a song coming on?
  • edited October 2015

MrLargo said:

And again why isn't this on the club's own website?

There have been a few articles though that have appeared on a different site before going on to the O/S though.

I guess the SLP / News Shopper dont have to worry about creating a Programme etc. so they've got more time to add this over someone like Olly who is going to take a bit longer to add it on the website.
    But it generally doesn't go onto the club's website at all. News Shopper, SLP, Rich Cawley's Twitter account, the Sevenoaks Chronicle and the Jerusalem Post are now the go-to places for anything interesting about Charlton, our OS is only good for post-match interviews with Guy and a bit of ticket news (not a criticism of Olly and co, they publish what they're told to).
    Is that any different with any club now though?

i.e. You never go on to the club website for rumours of potential signings etc... as that would be disrespectful to the othe party
    We're not talking about transfer rumours but about regular interviews on important club matters appearing elsewhere than on the club's on media. At worse it might drive hits and so revenue, at best it reaches more fans.

Or is it that using the SLP is deniable and not official. Or maybe RD doesn't read the SLP.
    That would be my first guess. Anything that doesn't look good retrospectively can be batted away as a 'misunderstanding'. That's a rather more difficult trick to pull off, if you're the owner of the communication channel.
  • Quote from above:

Losing (Mak, Igor and Reza) would affect most teams. Liverpool for example had 3 strikers out on Saturday (Sturridge, Benteke and Ings). Absolutely love the comparison!
  • MrLargo said:

This is the quote that worries me-:
    I spoke to Guy over the weekend and told him not to worry - that he is not under any pressure.
    “He is only under pressure to get points."
    So if he doesn't get points they'll keep him on.....Yeah right what a load of old tosh!! No points = Tin Tack

What a pity, I liked KM, but this one sentence makes no sense at all!!!

I hadn't picked up on that, what a peculiar comment. It's a good job that she's clarified that he's only under pressure to pick up points, prior to that I'd been mistakenly holding him accountable for the season ticket fiasco, the Crossbars shambles and the constant lack of quilted bog roll in the gents.
    I blame him for delays on Southeastern services
  • Sponsored links:

• So, looks like those quotes might come back to haunt her again....
  • Pity she doesn't have any accountability, certainly not to the fans as stakeholders as it's clear we are just a bunch of mugs

Focus on youth has turned into a baby shambles. Pete Doherty is a more fit and proper person for the role of CEO of a football team.

Wot do you know about football Marie? Absolutely fook all
  • edited October 2015
    He's gone
  • Fumbluff said:

I've got a quid that says she is conducting interviews at half time...

I'm not sure this is a good time for her to be doing more interviews with Belgian sports bloggers.
  • Can't blame Luzon, no resources or backing financially from the owner means a less then capable squad. If He is sacked another unknown will come into the same predicament.. Either RD puts money in and looks to progress the club or he needs to end his experiment and give our charlton back, sadly neither will happen and the circus will continue :(

Everyone knows our squad isn't big enough but I think a fair few managers would take the signings of Bauer, Makienok etc. No excuse for us to be the most boring team in the division.
  • I will drive him and his attention seeking wife to the airport myself after that first half display.
  • Quote from above:

Losing (Mak, Igor and Reza) would affect most teams. Liverpool for example had 3 strikers out on Saturday (Sturridge, Benteke and Ings). Absolutely love the comparison!

Yeah definitely apples and apples there.

Mak...will pick up all sorts of muscle injuries on a consistent basis IMO. Andy Carroll without the decent shot or the ability to head the ball to a teammate

Vetokele... Was a write off before the season. Now playing the club for laughs and cash.

Reza...always looked a suitable player for the rigour of the Championship. His injury record comes as a complete surprise
  • Sponsored links:

• Do I detect a smidgen of sarcasm there, @calydon_road?
  • Don't know why anyone would trust a worsd RD's puppet says.
  • I will drive him and his attention seeking wife to the airport myself after that first half display.

Attention seeking wife?
  • Fans singing you're getting sacked in the morning.
  • edited October 2015
    Time to ****off you ***** belgiums
  • So much hate here
  • If they sack him they are admitting they got it wrong. Again.
  • edited October 2015
    PL54 said:

So much hate here

Really? Feels more like resigned apathy to me...(apart from Nicholas...)

• a 3-0 loss at home to the worst in-form team in the Championship ??? Cant think of any better reason then to sack Luzon. Great guy, lots of passion, just a terrible manager ...