Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"Luzon not in danger of losing his job" KM

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=4133&headline=Exclusive: Charlton chief - Guy Luzon not in danger of losing his job&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2015

Bold and positive backing of the manager.

Two things though.

Last time KM backed a manager he was sacked within days.

And again why isn't this on the club's own website?

Comments

• The replacement is probably packing his luggage right now
  • See you later Guy.

It was nice seeing Dana...
  • I wonder how she will explain his sacking....
  • On a serious note I do hope this is genuine and that he isnt in trouble because some of the quotes are good to read:

We still believe our squad will be fine when everybody is back from injury and we have to try and manage that.

Although this is a bit of a question mark...

This time the answer needs to come from the players

Does this mean confirmation that the players went to KM last year when they weren't happy with Bob Peeters which ultimately got him the sack and that they're being told this year that they do have to get on with the job rather than whinging if they want to consider it.
  • Doesn't look good for him now. Hope this isn't in tonight's programme.
  • And again why isn't this on the club's own website?

There have been a few articles though that have appeared on a different site before going on to the O/S though.

I guess the SLP / News Shopper dont have to worry about creating a Programme etc. so they've got more time to add this over someone like Olly who is going to take a bit longer to add it on the website.
  • The problem with a thin squad is that when a few key players come back, other key players will get injured. All of your players become key as they are difficult to replace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Which interviews with the CEO though?

Yes, Olly is busy but so are the SLP journos. They have lots of clubs to cover and a twice weekly paper to fill.

Maybe if KM filled the vacant head of Comms role.......
  • A vote of Confidence. Oh dear.

See ya
  • And again why isn't this on the club's own website?

There have been a few articles though that have appeared on a different site before going on to the O/S though.

I guess the SLP / News Shopper dont have to worry about creating a Programme etc. so they've got more time to add this over someone like Olly who is going to take a bit longer to add it on the website.
    But it generally doesn't go onto the club's website at all. News Shopper, SLP, Rich Cawley's Twitter account, the Sevenoaks Chronicle and the Jerusalem Post are now the go-to places for anything interesting about Charlton, our OS is only good for post-match interviews with Guy and a bit of ticket news (not a criticism of Olly and co, they publish what they're told to).
  • I don't think I want him sacked yet but at the same time, he should definitely be under some danger of losing his job.
  • MrLargo said:

But it generally doesn't go onto the club's website at all. News Shopper, SLP, Rich Cawley's Twitter account, the Sevenoaks Chronicle and the Jerusalem Post are now the go-to places for anything interesting about Charlton, our OS is only good for post-match interviews with Guy and a bit of ticket news (not a criticism of Olly and co, they publish what they're told to).
    Is that any different with any club now though?

i.e. You never go on to the club website for rumours of potential signings etc... as that would be disrespectful to the othe party
  • MrLargo said:

i.e. You never go on to the club website for rumours of potential signings etc... as that would be disrespectful to the othe party
    We're not talking about transfer rumours but about regular interviews on important club matters appearing elsewhere than on the club's on media. At worse it might drive hits and so revenue, at best it reaches more fans.

Or is it that using the SLP is deniable and not official. Or maybe RD doesn't read the SLP.
  • edited October 2015
    Could you sign the card and pass the collection round please?

Getting expensive this, will all the comings and goings. He's not been here that long!
  • Sponsored links:

• "This time the answer needs to come from the players"

I think she is right in this. The effort of some of the players has been pretty lacklustre so yes they do need to step up. I'm not hearing any issues between players and manager (though I'm bound to be corrected), but confidence is at a low. Some key players back from injury or a lucky win would give us a big boost.
  • Sweet dreams are made of this
  • The problem with a thin squad is that when a few key players come back, other key players will get injured. All of your players become key as they are difficult to replace.

We have been slightly unlucky though, in that the injuries have been concentrated on key areas, especially up top. To have 3 strikers out (Mak, Igor and Reza) would affect most teams. Liverpool for example had 3 strikers out on Saturday (Sturridge, Benteke and Ings) and looked similarly lightweight up front
  • MrLargo said:

You're correct to a certain extent in relation to transfer rumours. However, much of the stuff that News Shopper, Cawley and the SLP gets comes from within the club and is released deliberately, rather than a whisper from an agent or an unofficial tip-off from an anonymous source connected to the player or the buying or selling club. And what about the serialised interview with Katrien that the News Shopper published recently? Considering that one of the main criticisms of RD and KM is their failure to communicate with supporters, why not score some easy points by sticking it on the OS?!
  • Time for KM to go I think. Cant bear the thought of her walking around reading her "How to run a business" book.
  • we would certainly look like a total shambles if he was now sacked at the weekend, irrespective of results
  • Lots of LOLs
  • I believe without any clue being passed to me, that Johnny Jackson will soon be officially recognised as an appointed member of the coaching team. To me its a no-brainer, and the sooner the better.
  • More lies then. When the inevitable happens we’ll be fed more mistruths about Fraeye’s appointment then she’ll suggest we like it or lump it. I’ll lump it, thanks.

It’s okay though, because she has a lovely smile and is really friendly to any old people and children she meets.