Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Preston | Tue 20 Oct | 7:45pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• ross1 said:

We now know that Igor is not available:

Vetokele is still struggling with inflammation of the pubis area and has gone to Belgium to seek treatment on the problem which has ruled him out of contention. The Angolan international is likely to be three weeks from a return.

Any update on the best banter from the dressing room on this?
  • Igor looked 2 stone heavier, and 10 yards slower than last season. Different man
  • ross1 said:

Vetokele is still struggling with inflammation of the pubis area and has gone to Belgium to seek treatment on the problem which has ruled him out of contention. The Angolan international is likely to be three weeks from a return.

I read that as 'pubes area' Mrs Vetokele would have a lot to answer for!
  • colin1961 said:

Early goal important to settle everyone down but Preston are coming for a point their missing both their main forwards so will try to make it hard for us to break down .....

3-1 to us ....... We may go one down

We haven't scored in the first 40 minutes of any of our 11 League matches so far from confident that we will do so tonight!

• Redrobo said:

I have been going for over 55 yrs and like in any sport, you never give up.

Please don't think I am being rude to those not going, but there are times when only having those with a positive attitude at a game can produce the support the team needs. Tonight we will probably be better off without the moaners.

This is precisely the time to forget the politics and past poor performances and just give the team and each of the players 100%. If you have not got a sore throat and sore hands by the end of the game you weren't really trying and will be unable to ever look JJ in the eyes.

The Valley under the lights, green pitch sparkling with a light dew, the players in scarlet red and the voices of the Valley choir swirling through the stadium. Not a better night out.

Oh, and we will win.

Well said, I remember the 3,500 gates in the old Div 3, always there in thoses days, and will be always.............COYR!!!
  • It's just another Luzon Tuesday
    That's my views hey
    A try and blot it out with brews day
    Or blow my fuse day

(With apologies to the Bangles)
  • Somebody has posted on Facebook that Gudmundsson is out, I hope not.
  • ross1 said:

I read that as 'pubes area' Mrs Vetokele would have a lot to answer for!
    It's the same thing tbf
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

Somebody has posted on Facebook that Gudmundsson is out, I hope not.

wouldn't surprise me if he was given a rest
  • Henderson
    Solly … Sarr … Diarra … Fox
    Gudmundsson … Jackson … Cousins … McAleny
    Watt … KAG
  • edited October 2015
    Reza and Watt score late on before Preston make in a nervy final five minutes when they scramble home a corner.

Charlton hold on though as the Valley breathes a collective sigh of relief.

Big Maks return off the bench makes the difference and hope and a little, just a little, positivity returns.
  • Saw on snapchat that makienoks kit is laid out n it said hes at the valley tonight so hopefully him and watto up front
  • Reza is also featuring. Don't think either of them will start so must be KAG and Watt. Do think Makienok will get a decent amount of game time tonight though.
  • Saw on snapchat that makienoks kit is laid out n it said hes at the valley tonight so hopefully him and watto up front

Bench tonight
  • Reza is also featuring. Don't think either of them will start so must be KAG and Watt. Do think Makienok will get a decent amount of game time tonight though.

Yup... Reza has tweeted a picture of his kit in the changing rooms :)
  • Charlton 3-1 Reza double and watt.... Yes i said it.
  • If I want to buy a last minute ticket on the night, which ticket booths are open?

Thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• If I want to buy a last minute ticket on the night, which ticket booths are open?

Thanks

West Stand .... I think Reza could turn out to be a bit of an unearthed gem .. feeling positive if we can keep said players fit
  • Henderson
    Solly … Sarr … Diarra … Fox
    Gudmundsson … Jackson … Cousins … McAleny
    Watt … KAG

Mate - I really can't have McAlney ahead of Moussa. From what I've seen of McAlney, he will be fortunate to make the bench.....
  • If rumours of Gudmundsson being out are true, I guess you'll see...

Pope
    Solly ... Sarr ... Diarra ... Fox
    Kennedy / McAleny ... Jackson ... Cousins ... Moussa
    Watt ... KAG
  • Club goin' down
    On a Tuesday

(by ILOVEMAKIENOK)
  • edited October 2015
    LOL

Midfielder Cristian Ceballos and strikers Simon Makienok and Igor Vetokele remain sidelined for the hosts.

http://www.skysports.com/football/charlton-vs-preston/preview/339667

Good old Sky...
  • Shag said:

My eldest is mascot tonight , lets hope she brings us some luck

Hope she has fun.

It shows how bloody un-engaged I am with CAFC at present that the first thing I noticed from your post is that your internal doors are the same as mine. Dordogne from Howdens.

WIBBLE.
  • Dazzler21 said:

LOL

Midfielder Cristian Ceballos and strikers Simon Makienok and Igor Vetokele remain sidelined for the hosts.

http://www.skysports.com/football/charlton-vs-preston/preview/339667

Good old Sky...

Nice to see them and the BBC doing their research, surely doesnt take much to check Twitter surely?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34512392
  • edited October 2015
    How times change... shows how bad things have got when we're all genuinely excited at the prospect of Reza returning from injury...!
  • just under 3 hours to kick off.

i am literally wetting myself with expectant excitement.
  • edited October 2015

How times change... shows how bad things have got when we're all genuinely excited at the prospect of Reza returning from injury...!

Oi look at the profile pic...

:heart: REZA :heart: