Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Preston | Tue 20 Oct | 7:45pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• I'm voting with my feet, I don't want to fund the 'experiment' or Katrien's wages. Is that because of the bad form? Largely, but there are reasons we're in such bad form. Does that make me less of a fan? I don't really care at the moment.
  • Probably 1-1
  • My son who went to Reading has lost interest and is missing his first game tonight because he cant be bothered. His argument "If the players don't want to turn up then why should I". Out of us 6 who go together good chance I will be the only one there tonight. I might even change my mind later. Sad times indeed.
  • masicat said:

If the players don't want to turn up then why should I

Because if the fans don't turn up then Charlton Athletic may not exist one day...

The Players / Owners / the Tea-Lady don't make a Football Club so to me, if you don't attend, then your risking the very existence of the club you apparently support.

You, not being you personally but the general fan

How else did the likes of Darlington / Scarborough end up going out of Business, falling attendances etc. meant that the club because impossible to sell
  • Redrobo said:

The Valley under the lights, green pitch sparkling with a light dew, the players in scarlet red and the voices of the Valley choir swirling through the stadium. Not a better night out.

Well said that man.
  • We may win, we may lose, it might be a draw, whatever, it wont upset me or make me happy like it used to.
    Now that I've cheered everyone up. carry on......!
  • its not a must win as there are a number of games to play and were not in it that much, although we are bloody hard to watch atm, hopefully we can scrape a win, as for Luzon would be mental to sack him, if we can get 4 points out of the next 3 games ill be happy how they come no real preference but to beat hull and qpr then perfom how we have been has been a bit frustrating.

In some ways it IS a must win match though, both teams on a terrible run and desperate for a win which could easily turn things around. A win for Preston would move them above us, and could send us into the bottom 3, whereas a win for us will help turn the mood around in the camp, and set us up for another winnable game on Saturday. Lose against Preston, and I can see us losing against Brentford
  • Not a fantastic performance but think we will win one nil tonight, goal from a long range Gudmundsson shot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Reckon the bookies must read CL
  • Spillberg to let another howler in on 85 mins for a 0-1 defeat.
  • A nervy 1-0 win, which will do nicely.
  • Spillberg to let another howler in on 85 mins for a 0-1 defeat.

spillberg HAHA
  • its not a must win as there are a number of games to play and were not in it that much, although we are bloody hard to watch atm, hopefully we can scrape a win, as for Luzon would be mental to sack him, if we can get 4 points out of the next 3 games ill be happy how they come no real preference but to beat hull and qpr then perfom how we have been has been a bit frustrating.

In some ways it IS a must win match though, both teams on a terrible run and desperate for a win which could easily turn things around. A win for Preston would move them above us, and could send us into the bottom 3, whereas a win for us will help turn the mood around in the camp, and set us up for another winnable game on Saturday. Lose against Preston, and I can see us losing against Brentford
    yeah mentally a win tonight would be good for us, but its not do or die tonight there is another 34 games to play so another 102 points to be had, just think were putting too much pressure on ourselves to win tonight. and it will be mass destruction on here tomorrow if we do lose, Its not the losing that's making us frustrating to watch its the getting outplayed and not having a chance that is making it so hard to watch.
  • edited October 2015

The Valley under the lights, green pitch sparkling with a light dew, the players in scarlet red and the voices of the Valley choir swirling through the stadium. Not a better night out.

You've not been in the centre circle at midnight - now that's a night out:
  • I don't have a clue who's fit/unfit or what the hell is going on anymore so I'll go for

Salmon

Kiseshev Sweaty Balmer Jon Fortune Dan Seabourne

Keith Jones

Rob Lee Kyle Reid

Brendan O'Connell

Andy Hunt Kim Grant

I'm getting to the point where I'm just playing out my own season in my own head, at the moment we're 5th and in the QF of the Anglo Italian Cup.

• 0-2 defeat.

yeah mentally a win tonight would be good for us, but its not do or die tonight there is another 34 games to play so another 102 points to be had, just think were putting too much pressure on ourselves to win tonight. and it will be mass destruction on here tomorrow if we do lose, Its not the losing that's making us frustrating to watch its the getting outplayed and not having a chance that is making it so hard to watch.
    Lose tonight, then Saturday will be much tougher. Then Boro the following Saturday...

I think the next 2 games could have a big influence on our season
  • Sponsored links:

• LouisMend said:

Big ass man.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink making a comeback?
    God sake.

Igors on the bench, not match ready ffs

you are right, it's the manner of defeat. If we have twenty shots on target tonight, hit the woodwork three times, their keeper has a worldy and they defend heroically but catch us on the break and we lose 1-0 then I'd still go home 'happy' as it were.

• 3-0 - and relax

Tony Watt is going to kick arse tonight
  • edited October 2015
    We now know that Igor is not available:

Vetokele is still struggling with inflammation of the pubis area and has gone to Belgium to seek treatment on the problem which has ruled him out of contention. The Angolan international is likely to be three weeks from a return.

I hope supporters who are over critical of him, will give him, (what the club didn't) time to heal properly. I would love to have the original Igor back, even if we have to wait another month
  • Hendo and Big Mak should be back in the side, I'll say 2-0
  • No way will Hendo walk back into the team. Harsh on Dopey Popey and he's not fit yet
  • Swisdom said:

No way will Hendo walk back into the team. Harsh on Dopey Popey and he's not fit yet

He is quoted as saying, although he feels ready, he does not think those above him (presume GL and medical staff) do not.
  • ross1 said:

Vetokele is still struggling with inflammation of the pubis area and has gone to Belgium to seek treatment on the problem which has ruled him out of contention. The Angolan international is likely to be three weeks from a return.

Translation... Igor is still struggling to get out of Mrs Vetokele's pants and has taken her on a second honeymoon to Belgium
  • Think things will click in to place tonight and going for a 3-1 home victory. Christ, we have to win a game sometime, so why not tonight?
  • ross1 said:

If I was Vetokele I'd be a bit upset with Charlton and this injury situation.