Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Preston | Tue 20 Oct | 7:45pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Henderson back, hard fought 2-1 win
  • edited October 2015
    They will turn us over...

0-1

Lifers considering their options all over the shop, electrocution or sharp instrument, now where did I put the handy length of rope?
  • I think, again I don't know why, that we win this one....but only by the odd goal...1-0, 2-1. If Big Mac is back he will be a godsend, but I wouldn't count on him starting. Match thread from 7 pm
  • If Big Mak and Kashi plays, I'm confident of a win
  • Time to turn the corner, 3-0 to the addicks.

Guddy, Diarra and a late goal from Big Mak when he comes on with five minutes to go.
  • 1-0 to Howard Kendall's old club I fear.
  • Scrappy 1 or 2 nil win raises hopes that we've turned the corner then normal service resumed at the weekend. Really can't be arsed with this one but I'll be there.
  • ross1 said:

If not already mentioned:

Simon Makienok ‏@SimonMakienok 1h1 hour ago
    Buzzin. Back in the squad for tomorrow. We need your support. Get down to The Valley and make some noise #ThreePoints #GetTheValleyRocking

Luvly jubbly !

It's half term so dragging...oops, bringing, the 2 eldest grandkids tomorrow evening .

The last game they witnessed was the memorable victory over Stevie Brucie's boys so fingers crossed for the same again.

COYA !!!!!!

• Sponsored links:

• If Makienok is playing then it gives a different outlook to the game ; I think the fact that when Jackson went off on Saturday we went a goal down means he should start and stay on the pitch even if he, with hands on knees, starts throwing up on the centre circle through exhaustion with 20 minutes to go. There is no substitute for a good leader.
  • Team I'd like to see:

Henderson
    Solly Diarra Saar Fox
    Gudmundsson Cousins Jackson Moussa
    Watt Makienok

I doubt we will see this team however, not with Moussa, Jackson and Makienok all struggling to do 90 mins. But if we somehow do, even after that performance on Saturday, if fancy us for the win.

2-1, we can hope!
  • They've wheeled JJ out to appeal for fans to come down tomorrow night - obviously been reading some of the posts on Charlton Life from the disengaged saying they're giving it a swerve:

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialCAFC/videos/898150300252476/
  • se9addick said:

They've wheeled JJ out to appeal for fans to come down tomorrow night - obviously been reading some of the posts on Charlton Life from the disengaged saying they're giving it a swerve:

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialCAFC/videos/898150300252476/

Was it last year where Jacko did a similar message to the fans before the game and everyone got up for it we won 3-0 and started the turn around! Let's hope history repeats itself!
  • We will have a bright start for 20 minutes, the key will be to get a goal, which we probably wont. They will frustrate us, we will start to run out of ideas. They will score from a set piece or a bit of poor defending, we will equalize with 10, 15 to go, miss a chance or two and end up with a point - probably achieved after they miss a late sitter. Been to too many games, where this sort of thing happens to expect anything else. Still, I will be there after a hard day's work. A real glutten for punishment me.
  • 0-0 written all over it.

Preston neither score or concede many.
  • We will gift them one mate.
  • I predict rain.
  • Sponsored links:

• poor JJ , you can almost see the life and enthusiasm draining away from him as the Belgian bores gnaw away at the last remnants of Charlton personality left in the building
  • Quite busy at work at the mo so quite difficult to get to the game tomorrow but I...

Think Beds has covered it will take that

#prayfor0-0
  • Brentford last season is a good comparison. I dreaded going as well but it was unexpectedly good. I really hope we witness the same turnaround tomorrow.
  • Roland is a moron... 0-1 Preston... boos ring out(quietly)... from those still awake...

• Can't believe I feel so relieved to be away for this and the whole shambles seems so remote. Like it's someones else's team or just an unpleasant dream.

Bauer looks v good to me and will be missed while Sarr does not look good at all and will be targeted by Preston NE for a screw up. Also feel very sorry for young KAG. A really exciting home-grown talent whose confidence is being bled away on a weekly basis

Would like to see one of our strikers score but fear a 0-1 loss with 96th minute own goal from Nobby gifting the hard-working Lilywhites the three points.
  • Turgid draw 0-0
  • its not a must win as there are a number of games to play and were not in it that much, although we are bloody hard to watch atm, hopefully we can scrape a win, as for Luzon would be mental to sack him, if we can get 4 points out of the next 3 games ill be happy how they come no real preference but to beat hull and qpr then perfom how we have been has been a bit frustrating.
  • edited October 2015
    I'm reserving judgement (partially) until We have what I think is our best team on the pitch. Hendo, Solly, Bauer, diatra bergdych, JBG, Cousins, Kashi, Moussa, Mak, TWatt. It's not without its shortcomings but, as we have seen, it's capable. There is no denying we are in a proper fix, although one that we can get out of given that it's early days. Certainly not a time to get rid of Guy. We've played some good stuff under him but he's in a pickle (some would say "serves him right"). My worries are that the current pickle will lead quickly to our more exotic imports not giving a stuff and it all just spirals into something that we all give up on. I can cope with poor play but If I sense that the players can't give one then I'll not be giving one either until there are major changes. But we're not there yet.

As for tonight, can't remember looking forward to a game less if I'm being honest. Two piss poor teams. Goodnes knows why sort of team we'll put out if JBG is out/too knackered to put in a shift.
  • They are on a longer winless run than us, sit 2 points and 2 places below us in the table, plus they are the lowest scorers in the division - yet Preston are favs on some bookies lists.
    It's the perfect fixture for us right now and Luzon must instil the belief in the players that they are capable of a performance to match the QPR and Hull games.
    2nd favs at home to Preston, my arse!