Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RD & KM (ed. insightful interview with Katrien, page 5)

Comments

• Options
    colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Nicholas said:

2 seasons on the trot we are 5 or 6 players short of a championship squad. Too many crappy foreigners who no one has ever heard for being brought in, in the hope that one or two may be decent so we can sell on for a profit. Too many crappy players again being brought on the cheap with the hope they are miraculously over their injuries problems.

It's like they are dangling a bit of cheese on a bit of string and every time we get a nibble and want more they move it away again and say fuck you thats your lot for a while. This is not just on the pitch with the squad its off the pitch too, Things like catering was supposed to be all brilliant then 5 minutes later just everyone was enjoying it, it went shit again.
    Programme sellers disappeared. The £10 voucher for west upper fans who had to be moved was an absolute shambles and even resolving it was a joke.

Pretty bored of it all at the minute.

Only few weeks back that Kashi was the bargain of the season , Big Mc was an idol of the fans all ready shall I go on .........
    Chizz said:

How many times have we been relegated since they took over?

How many times have we been close to bankruptcy?

How many times have we been evicted from the ground and forced to share the worst stadium in the league?

In the last, say, seventy years, when has the pitch been properly invested in and been in better condition?

Since, say, the war*, when have we had better, realistic, funded, approved plans for training facilities? (Take your pick: Iraq, Falklands, WWII).

We may not be as high up in the football league as most of us want. But without the investment, stability and security that these people have brought to the club, there was always the possibility we wouldn't *be* in the football league.

Then who would we support?

Bloody hell someone with sense on this forum
    How do you think we are doing Colin? We have not won an away game since March. We are two points off a relegation spot. Confidence seems at rock bottom. Are you happy with that? Because you seem to find an excuse for everything bad that happens.

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

For some reason, we changed the way we were playing after the Wolves game. In the opening five games, we played quick passing, direct football and pressed the opposition. We won the ball back high up the pitch and got at the opposition.

From the Rotherham game onwards, we've played sideways-backwards-sideways, before crossing the halfway line and sat off the opposition. Our style of play has changed and it's easily contained. It looks like the players are going through the motions.

Something has happened in the group to change the dynamics. If I didn't know otherwise, I'd guess that the players are not happy with the coach, for whatever reason. It wouldn't be the first time, the dressing room has got the manager/coach the sack.

As ever, an interesting insight.

How much to you believe the lack of certain players or the opposition playing against us in different ways are also factors?
  • Options
    Phil chapple leaving?.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

Chizz said:

How many times have we been evicted from the ground and forced to share the worst stadium in the league?

In the last, say, seventy years, when has the pitch been properly invested in and been in better condition?

Since, say, the war*, when have we had better, realistic, funded, approved plans for training facilities? (Take your pick: Iraq, Falklands, WWII).

We may not be as high up in the football league as most of us want. But without the investment, stability and security that these people have brought to the club, there was always the possibility we wouldn't *be* in the football league.

I don't go to Charlton to admire the pitch, and whilst I am well aware of the benefits, I'm not that bothered about our training facilities. I've had great enjoyment over the years watching Charlton play on a crap pitch having spent the week training at ramshackle training ground.

We're not going bust - granted.

As for being relegated, that's part of football. I can live with that if we're skint, if people have made mistakes, if we've appointed a manager who we thought would be good but turned out to be terrible, or signed players who weren't as good as they were supposed to be. As long as the ultimate aim was to be the best that we could be, I don't mind if we fail.

Roland seems to aspire to tread water, to muddle through, to achieve mediocrity whilst balancing the books. Difficult to put into words, you either get it or you don't.
    Final paragraph sums up the tenure of the Belgians term so far.
    He's such a strange man, it's not like he's making money when we are in this division, in fact he's making fairly major losses. Is he hoping his half-arsed playing investment will result in an unlikely promotion?
    I don't understand his motives at all.
    I fancy the next set of audited accounts will tell us more. He hasn't lost money yet as the club is afloat by loans from staprix?
    As many of us said from day 1 though football success is clearly not an aim perhaps beyond staying up.
  • Options
    Colin - TWELVE???????
    OK I've got Mak, Hendo, JJ, Celebbos, Reza, C-Cook, Igor
    that's 7 of which JJ, Reza and C-Cook were not starters when fit but who are the other five and how is it Colin that you know so much more than the rest of us.
    Pray do tell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

The writing was on the wall from the start of the season with the thin squad. No pace on the wings, lack of a creative midfield, weakness at left midfield, no cover at right back, apart from inexperienced Cook or one of Charlton's best midfielder, Cousins. The lack of a decent additional striker, doesn't allow for strikers to recover properly from injury. The lack of striking options last season led to Vetekele being played when injured. The lack of strikers this season has forced Vetekele to be played before fully able to recover fitness and form. The aggravation of Makienok's injury at Huddersfield similar. The squad contains some quailty but is overall not strong enough for a competitive Championship season.

And not only do you know that and I know that but Luzon knows that.

I suspect Miere knows that too.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited September 2015

vff said:

The writing was on the wall from the start of the season with the thin squad. No pace on the wings, lack of a creative midfield, weakness at left midfield, no cover at right back, apart from inexperienced Cook or one of Charlton's best midfielder, Cousins. The lack of a decent additional striker, doesn't allow for strikers to recover properly from injury. The lack of striking options last season led to Vetekele being played when injured. The lack of strikers this season has forced Vetekele to be played before fully able to recover fitness and form. The aggravation of Makienok's injury at Huddersfield similar. The squad contains some quailty but is overall not strong enough for a competitive Championship season.

And not only do you know that and I know that but Luzon knows that.

I suspect Miere knows that too.
    Whats the reasoning behind having a consistently under strength squad ? Particularly where it doesn't help assets retain their value - such as Vetekele, who has gone back wards from a good start at the club. Its a real flaw in the strategy. Maybe someone can reason it out as it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
  • Options
    It is not twelve Colin, stop making things up to suit your agenda. Don't say Solly or Watt as they both played on Saturday. Players injured or suspended are Henderson, Diarra, Reza, Vetokele, Jackson, Charles-Cook,Makionek, Caballos,that is EIGHT. Who are the other four players?
  • Options

Chizz said:

Things could be worse, so nothing can be criticised. Helpful attitude that.
    No one said nothing should be criticised but surely as a discussion site an alternative point should be allowed.

• Options
    kentred2 said:

MrLargo said:

Chizz said:

I don't go to Charlton to admire the pitch, and whilst I am well aware of the benefits, I'm not that bothered about our training facilities. I've had great enjoyment over the years watching Charlton play on a crap pitch having spent the week training at ramshackle training ground.

We're not going bust - granted.

As for being relegated, that's part of football. I can live with that if we're skint, if people have made mistakes, if we've appointed a manager who we thought would be good but turned out to be terrible, or signed players who weren't as good as they were supposed to be. As long as the ultimate aim was to be the best that we could be, I don't mind if we fail.

Roland seems to aspire to tread water, to muddle through, to achieve mediocrity whilst balancing the books. Difficult to put into words, you either get it or you don't.
    Final paragraph sums up the tenure of the Belgians term so far.
    He's such a strange man, it's not like he's making money when we are in this division, in fact he's making fairly major losses. Is he hoping his half-arsed playing investment will result in an unlikely promotion?
    I don't understand his motives at all.
    I fancy the next set of audited accounts will tell us more. He hasn't lost money yet as the club is afloat by loans from staprix?
    As many of us said from day 1 though football success is clearly not an aim perhaps beyond staying up.
    I agree, the next publication of financial accounts will be very interesting.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Nicholas said:

2 seasons on the trot we are 5 or 6 players short of a championship squad. Too many crappy foreigners who no one has ever heard for being brought in, in the hope that one or two may be decent so we can sell on for a profit. Too many crappy players again being brought on the cheap with the hope they are miraculously over their injuries problems.

It's like they are dangling a bit of cheese on a bit of string and every time we get a nibble and want more they move it away again and say fuck you thats your lot for a while. This is not just on the pitch with the squad its off the pitch too, Things like catering was supposed to be all brilliant then 5 minutes later just everyone was enjoying it, it went shit again.
    Programme sellers disappeared. The £10 voucher for west upper fans who had to be moved was an absolute shambles and even resolving it was a joke.

Only few weeks back that Kashi was the bargain of the season , Big Mc was an idol of the fans all ready shall I go on .........
    Chizz said:

How do you think we are doing Colin? We have not won an away game since March. We are two points off a relegation spot. Confidence seems at rock bottom. Are you happy with that? Because you seem to find an excuse for everything bad that happens.

Wind up merchant or does not have a clue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

dickplumb said:

colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

Nicholas said:

Chizz said:

Wind up merchant or does not have a clue.
    That is Colin and not you Dick!
  • Options
    We as Supporters as fast becoming the THFC of the championship. Win a game and it's all glory glory.... Lose and its sack the board, manager, players, tea lady etc...!!!!!
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

We as Supporters as fast becoming the THFC of the championship. Win a game and it's all glory glory.... Lose and its sack the board, manager, players, tea lady etc...!!!!!

That is not true. The questions that are asked have been asked from day 1 of the Belgian's ownership.
  • Options
    When the OP stated "this is not just on the pitch with the squad its off the pitch too" I think he means things such as the prevention of Upper West ticket holders from using the lift from the West Stand reception to gain access to their seats.
    Many of whom have had lift passes for years. However access was via new 'Vista Lounge' and they obviously don't want people walking through this lounge.

The club has given the reason for the withdrawal of this service as being on grounds of health and safety and the evacuation of people in the event of an emergency. Yet they told these people to use the service lift instead which is far more dangerous. I believe that people are having to move elsewhere in the stadium and people get used to sitting in a particular seat and many make friends with those around them. Health & safety has never been an issue before and I think this is an appalling way to treat fans who have supported the club for many years.

The OP also mentions the catering which was supposed to be far superior under Delaware North. I personally don't think it is any better and in fact we are paying more each year and getting less. We used to have mints with our coffee, biscuits at half time and a plate of sandwiches at full time but those were withdrawn and we get only a piece of cake at full time. We used to have a choice of meat, now there is no choice and you could have either a dessert OR cheese and biscuits. This year the cheese and biscuits have been withdrawn. Small things I know, but to me they are penny pinching.

Failure to give the Manager a squad with depth will affect attendances as well. No-one wants to watch a team which is struggling and certainly doesn't enhance the match day experience. If our owner spent a bit more to give the squad depth in the event of injuries, then the feel good factor of a winning team would return, attendances would increase and he might even gain the riches that promotion to the Premier League would give him.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Taxi_Lad said:

That is not true. The questions that are asked have been asked from day 1 of the Belgian's ownership.
    Questions that good as disappeared whilst we were winning during Rigas heroics, Peeters early reign, GLs 'bounce' and start to this season