Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RD & KM (ed. insightful interview with Katrien, page 5)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2015
    The impression given in the interview is that she had to shake up a static club staff - in reality the club had been turned upside down over the previous 18 months as has been widely reported, with virtually all its senior staff leaving before she arrived. There had previously been a huge shake out when the club went down to League One in 2009.

Significant managers who have left under Meire were often TJ/MS era recruits, including Prothero, Bradshaw and Kensell, as well as some long-serving and well-regarded people who were never in positions of authority. The idea she has shaken up an atrophied administration is a long way from the truth - it would be more accurate to say that it had been destabilised and undermined by the previous lot and she has had to try to deal with that.
  • Options
    Fortunately the staff lovingly supported me.

Then she sacked 10.
    Can someone do a proper translate?
  • Options
    She Who Must Be Obeyed.
  • Options

PL54 said:

I can sense some negativity coming to this thread soon.

To be honest, the sad / concerning thing is i think that many just don't really care anymore.

Good, it's not an important issue bearing in mind its just a game of football
  • Options
    It's an awful article, and terrible translation. No mention of JBG's winning goal either!
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

"I negotiated myself all transfers."

So we had someone with absolutely no experience in football negotiating all of our transfers, in and out? That explains a lot.

I don't think she picked the players
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

So we had someone with absolutely no experience in football negotiating all of our transfers, in and out? That explains a lot.

RedPanda said:

I think @RedPanda means in terms of players we've let go and targets we've missed out on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedPanda said:

Agreed. But she will have negotiated the transfer fees - £700k for Polish Pete and £2.4m for Igor amongst others.
  • Options
    Is Roland knocking her off?

It all makes sense now!
    He bought us because he wants to get in Katriens Knickers!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @carly_burn mate, bit beyond the pale. Good arguments are being made, but that derails from them and the full extent of the excrement that we're in. Excrement, I might add, that no rag could erase by way of introduction!
  • Options
    @RedPanda i wasn't disagreeing mate, just didn't want people to read it that she's completely controlling our purchases from start to finish.

• Options
    MrLargo said:

RedPanda said:

Agreed. But she will have negotiated the transfer fees - £700k for Polish Pete and £2.4m for Igor amongst others.
    £3.5m for Gomez maybe too.
  • Options
    spent € 16 million in new facilities for academy young?????
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The gist of the mildly facetious and weird article is how the young Belgian whiz kid is making a clean sweep through the old fuddy duddies both in the stands and back office at the decrepit old working class British club (no more free teas and coffees for you fans, ground used to hold 90,000, that's where they scatter the ashes, etc).

Therefore, there's a certain irony in the fact that the interview apparently took place at a game on 22 August but the article was only published on 28 September. They must have slow broadband in Belgium.
  • Options

The gist of the mildly facetious and weird article is how the young Belgian whiz kid is making a clean sweep through the old fuddy duddies both in the stands and back office at the decrepit old working class British club (no more free teas and coffees for you fans, ground used to hold 90,000, that's where they scatter the ashes, etc).

Therefore, there's a certain irony in the fact that the interview apparently took place at a game on 22 August but the article was only published on 28 September. They must have slow broadband in Belgium.

They've got broadband in Belgium?!

• Options
    Yet again it seems that KM will speak to anyone other than our own official site. Why tell all this to a Belgian journo but not to your own media team?

Don't get the tea and coffee thing? The catering is outsourced. Who got free tea and coffee other than the board room and how much has that saved/generated.

Kensell, Bradshaw and Prothero were no loss but still strange for a CEO slag off ex-employees in public.

"This summer, Roland has invested millions of euros in seven new players. It also has invested "This summer, Roland has invested millions of euros in seven new players. It also has invested 2.7 million euros in our stadium and spent € 16 million in new facilities for academy young. He starts to put pressure on me in terms of return on investment (laughs). Of course I'm aware of. I fear that one day something does not go as planned and I'll be fired. But as I think Charlton can progress, I'll stay. I'm really happy here. " in our stadium and spent € 16 million in new facilities for academy young. He starts to put pressure on me in terms of return on investment (laughs). Of course I'm aware of. I fear that one day something does not go as planned and I'll be fired. But as I think Charlton can progress, I'll stay. I'm really happy here. "

2.7m Euros is £1.99m

16m Euros is £11.89m

That is interesting info. Will we see the same numbers in the Fulham programme.
  • Options

Therefore, there's a certain irony in the fact that the interview apparently took place at a game on 22 August but the article was only published on 28 September. They must have slow broadband dial-up in Belgium.

They've got broadband in Belgium?!

Sorry, slow dial-up. Amended it for me.
  • Options
    Basically she does not care about anything which happened at this club until the takeover of RD.

I can understand the logic of not looking back at the past and only caring about the future BUT......

A large percent of fans do not trust your non existent plan for the future.

Way to early to claim success over anything yet, attendance is going down and losses are going up.

• Options
    Does anybody know the break down of the number of ST holders in each age group?