Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Derby v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Big Mak won't get ten league goals unless he takes penalties
  • edited August 2015
    Couldn't be more pleased with a point at Derby. Was job shadowing during the match so I didn't get to follow it closely. However I was able to follow it closely enough to know the score. I will admit that I jinxed us for their goal, as moments before Derby scored I made a 'This is going really well tweet!!". So I take full responsibility for their goal, my apologies for that. On to Forest!!!! I'm confident we can grab all three!!!!
  • timken said:

I never REALLY feel I know how we played until Fanny posts.

Blimey, I bet your popular.
  • Makienok will not get ten he had the chance to finish the game yesterday and stroked straight at the keeper half decent goal scorers finish them.

I think he has the look of a Danish Leaburn.

His contribution as a target man, holding the ball up etc, coupled with ten goals(or more this season) will be valuable.
  • Great point against the potential division champs, sounds like it was back to the wall stuff. Steady progress to continue hopefully.
  • I'm not saying he offers nothing else he just won't get ten goals
  • That's a great point against team who are one of the favourites for automatic promotion, IMO. I'll take that all day long ...
  • Makienok will not get ten he had the chance to finish the game yesterday and stroked straight at the keeper half decent goal scorers finish them.

he's got a lot to learn and at the moment he's a bit static and spatially unaware .. I will wager however that he made more headed clearances from Derby's many corners than any other two defenders combined .. perhaps central defence is his real forte .. then we could go for a world record for the tallest group of centre backs ((:>)

Because he missed one chance? Took Sergio Aguero five chances to score against Chelsea today. First one was a simple one on one. Guess he wasn't a half decent striker at that point
    Remember a few years ago when Suarez made a bad start to a season and couldn't score for trying. All the pundits were saying he wasn't a natural goalscorer, etc. Much as I detest him, even at the time I thought the criticism was very wrong.

I wanted GL to bring Big Mak on as a sub against the Daggers to give him an easier chance to get on the scoresheet, but he went for Reza instead - maybe on orders to give him the chance to bump up his own transfer value before the window closes.
    Or maybe not.
  • It's a bit too early to say either way on players yet. Certainly wouldnt be writing off big Mak after 2 games - one of which was at home to a relegated prem side and the other away against a probably top 6.

Really pleased with the point, we're not going to dominate every game but holding on takes passion and effort and sounds like we had both of those qualities.

Looking forward to where we are after 10 games. Think we'll be comfortably top half which is a good place to build from.
  • Sponsored links:

he's got a lot to learn and at the moment he's a bit static and spatially unaware .. I will wager however that he made more headed clearances from Derby's many corners than any other two defenders combined .. perhaps central defence is his real forte .. then we could go for a world record for the tallest group of centre backs ((:>)
    If you are defending a lot of set pieces it is inevitable that the big centre forward (if you have one) who comes back to help the defence with instructions to attack the ball rather than mark anyone will end up making more defensive headers than the defenders.
  • The reason we managed to get hold off Ba,Ceballos, and Big Mak
    was last season they all struggled, the lack of games is a worry but they should all be motivated to prove their last clubs wrong in not getting 1st team football.

A lot of credit to Guy Luzon for getting players who must be under cooked, performing so well in a league they don't know and is more intense than they were used to.
    Simon will have his Giraffe moments,(In both meanings of the word) but pleased that he was involved in all 3 league goals so far.
  • I like big mak. He's a total pain in the arse
  • It is quite ridiculous to buy a 6-feet-7-inch striker as a trophy. A man who hasn't scored for a year.

Look at Makienok - missing high balls, his nods down are misplaced, and he stumbles over the ball. That it precisely why Joe Pigott is playing for Southend, a division below.

Johnny Pearson never had that problem. He won crosses, nodded them down for his partner, and - Bang! - it's in the onion bag. We were lodging at Sell-Out Park - and playing in the top division.

Now, it takes us aeons to kick from Pope to Watt. Continents shift. Planets move.

Everyone is aware you are just fishing for lols now.. there's no point in carting on trying... people are bored and aren't gonna bite!

If you seriously thought that was true you can't go to games or even watch the 2 min highlights..
  • It is quite ridiculous to buy a 6-feet-7-inch striker as a trophy. A man who hasn't scored for a year.

Look at Makienok - missing high balls, his nods down are misplaced, and he stumbles over the ball. That it precisely why Joe Pigott is playing for Southend, a division below.

Johnny Pearson never had that problem. He won crosses, nodded them down for his partner, and - Bang! - it's in the onion bag. We were lodging at Sell-Out Park - and playing in the top division.

Now, it takes us aeons to kick from Pope to Watt. Continents shift. Planets move.

Despite the fact he's had a major part to play in all 3 league goals we've scored so far?
  • Continents always shift too. Alfred Wegener saw to that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

It is quite ridiculous to buy a 6-feet-7-inch striker as a trophy. A man who hasn't scored for a year.

And todays 'Desperate for attention' post goes to .................
    Again
  • Big Mak needs a goal to get his confidence up, by the sound of it he is pretty much unmatched in the air & wont get shrugged off the ball easily! Meant to be having a family BBQ saturday...hoping it rains so i can make a last ditch trip to The Valley!!

Venus certainly moves

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Venus
  • ilovelucy said:
    "They were well organised, kept shape perfectly for 94 minutes and defended like lions."

been a while since I read anything like that about us
    No more Millwall chat please ;-)
  • I got the impression George Thorne ran the game a bit. Think he could be a good player this lad if he can now stay serious injury free

Thorne had a good game .. BUT .. his was a bit of a 'Ray Wilkins' effort .. lots of accurate square or just forward of square passes, obvious passes, not a lot of penetrative passes for colleagues to run onto .. an annoyance was the fact that just like last season, Forsyth the Rams left back, was always given acres of space down his flank, luckily he didn't do enough with the ball he was given .. much of this was due to a VERY VERY solid defensive display from the Addicks .. SO .. Georgie T is a decent player and looks back to full fitness but he's no Hughes who was sorely missed as was the other injured Rams midfielder Bryson
  • ^^ good summary
  • Big Si just needs to get off the mark. The goals will follow, for now assisting opportunities will do....
  • Agree with the play to win mentality, think Eddie Howe and Bournemouth exemplify that approach, but you need the players and I think we are nearly there. Just need a Suman.