Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Derby v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Comments

• according to their manager we weren't going to score for a month of sundays until a wild shot from Watt toot a wicked deflection and went it. We also wasted time at every opportunity over throw-ins and goal kicks.

is this true - can somebody who was there throw some light on this......
  • according to their manager we weren't going to score for a month of sundays until a wild shot from Watt toot a wicked deflection and went it. We also wasted time at every opportunity over throw-ins and goal kicks.

Pope took a long time on goal kicks and was warned by Colonel Kojak Slap Head the third during the first half. Then got stick from Chris Martin during the 2nd half during his best impression of the Count from Sesame Street
  • Comments show no class. Absolute nonsense. Martin was on Pope's case if he picked up ball in play and acted like it was a goal kick and just wound up the crowd. Derby were panicking.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a keeper can hold on to the ball for as long as he wants if ball is in play can't he? Not that Pope did anything at all blatant.

Didnt hurry but no different to what Derby or any other team would do.
  • Comments show no class. Absolute nonsense. Martin was on Pope's case if he picked up ball in play and acted like it was a goal kick and just wound up the crowd. Derby were panicking.

Correct me if I'm wrong but a keeper can hold on to the ball for as long as he wants if ball is in play can't he? Not that Pope did anything at all blatant.

Didnt hurry but no different to what Derby or any other team would do.

6 second rule, not that it is ever enforced.
  • Sounds like Pope played like Henderson today in more ways than one.
  • Good club Derby, decent enough fans who knew they had a hard job on their hands against us. They always had width throughout and we never tried to close off the option of a ball out wide. However when the crosses came in we didn't look in too much trouble. We deserved our point whatever their manager thought. If SM hadn't shot straight at Carson we'd have been 2-0 and they wouldn't have got back into it.

Cousins was good throughout and Watt was always a handful. Thought Fox and Solly could have got tighter on their wide men though. Bauer and Diarra are going to be very good for us. Ceballos needs time to settle in.

Enjoyable trip.

Great song for Patrick Bauer....
  • What was the song?
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

according to their manager we weren't going to score for a month of sundays until a wild shot from Watt toot a wicked deflection and went it. We also wasted time at every opportunity over throw-ins and goal kicks.

Who gives a toss did he mention about Ince diving every chance he got one which led to the free kick for their goal

Bet not !
    Considering he never dived and Bergdich knocked him over your comment is irrelevant
  • It was great listening to that on the match thread. However, my heart was in my mouth most of the time as the commentary came over as a drama in every bite. Even an innocuous throw in sounded like we were either going to score or concede. Great fun but I need to lie down now.

Oh, by the way. What a great result. I'm well happy!!
  • stonemuse said:

What was the song?

We've got a big f****ng German

Same song arsenal have for Mertesacker
  • No sign of Viewfinder comparing the game to the Dulwich friendly yet?
  • craigcafc said:

stonemuse said:

What was the song?

We've got a big f****ng German

Same song arsenal have for Mertesacker
    Oh dear.

First the 'What do we think of Millwall' shite and now copying them on this...
  • I dont think the 6 second rule exists any more
  • edited August 2015
    Wow, what a performance, Derby threw the kitchen sink at us, and we still stayed strong to get a point, fantastic performance Charlton, keep that up all season and we'll be in the top 6 at the end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• My thoughts:
    Mainly, thank goodness for Tony Watt. Granted he got the goal, but even so I felt he was our main threat and fought right til the end, employing his legendary time wasting skills to great effect as the game wore on.

I personally do agree with the thought that we didn't really look like scoring until the goal went in, we handled a fair amount of Derby pressure well in the first half to limit their number of clear cut chances.
    Once the goal went in we were in charge and agree with earlier thought that if Simon had scored with his shot then we'd probably have been out of sight. He won loads of headers both offensively and defensively but not sure he'll make it beyond 5 goals this season, not that that is his main calling.

Pleased that Pope didn't have much to do but when he did he generally coped well, a couple of nervy palms away when he could've caught the ball. Lovely fingertip save at the end from Chris Martin

All in all a good day out, still unbeaten which was looking unlikely after the first half. I thought the fans were great today.
  • shirty5 said:

colin1961 said:

according to their manager we weren't going to score for a month of sundays until a wild shot from Watt toot a wicked deflection and went it. We also wasted time at every opportunity over throw-ins and goal kicks.

Who gives a toss did he mention about Ince diving every chance he got one which led to the free kick for their goal

Bet not !
    Considering he never dived and Bergdich knocked him over your comment is irrelevant
    May be the case as I wasn't there. Derby commentators said it was a very soft free kick so no need to jump on the have a go at Colin bandwagon just yet.
    I saw with my own 2 eyes which was a foul by Bergdich on Ince imo. If he was there and saw something different to me then I apologise. If he was there of course
  • shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

colin1961 said:

Bet not !
    May be the case as I wasn't there. Derby commentators said it was a very soft free kick so no need to jump on the have a go at Colin bandwagon just yet.
    I saw with my own 2 eyes which was a foul by Bergdich on Ince imo. If he was there and saw something different to me then I apologise. If he was there of course
    The commentators on CAFC player were adamant that it was a blatant dive & that the free kick should not have been given.
  • Hahahaha absolutely cracking up at that corner. Don't even know what he was attempting. Class.
  • Fantastic defensive display! Cousins, Bauer and Diarra were excellent
  • @Bournemouth Addick that is inspired!

Be nice to roll it out every week if I can!
  • edited August 2015
    I must admit, watching it back on that video, you'll be hard pushed to find a Charlton corner Worse than that one this season, if not ever for Charlton, it was shocking!
  • Hahahaha absolutely cracking up at that corner. Don't even know what he was attempting. Class.

That was the first thing my lad showed me when he got back from Derby.
    He said Benji had recorded it.
    They had been practising that all week at Sparrows lane and it worked a treat.
    He learnt that at the Barcelona Academy !

• Expected 5 points from the first five games. Some really great work going on. Not sure we have the squad for a serious push (who comes in if Bauer or Diarra get crocked?) but pretty sure its going to be better, and a lot more fun, than last season.