Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Dagenham & Redbridge - post match views

1235»

Comments

• What is Sanchez's first name? Good display last night, I think Regan will be a decent player for us when played in his best position, he certainly looks a busy little player. My only concern is Pope's handling on the ground.
  • edited August 2015
    Alexis Sanchez's was a lovely surprise last night and nice Gesture from Arsen Wenger
    who has allow him to come to CAFC for a month as a thank you for turning Coquelin into a footballer. We will be getting Jack Wilshere in October,
    thou i'm not sure sick note Jack will get in the starting line up.
  • Good job your not a fan of the any of the championship clubs that got knocked out last night AA.

I had to check we won 4-1 after seeing your marks.

If you were a Brentford fan 0-4, i guess 1's and 2's would have been the order of the day.
    We were in second gear all night and still entertained,
  • Good job your not a fan of the any of the championship clubs that got knocked out last night AA.

I had to check we won 4-1 after seeing your marks.

If you were a Brentford fan 0-4, i guess 1's and 2's would have been the order of the day.
    We were in second gear all night and still entertained,

If you think we were in second gear, which I agree with, are my marks not reasonable?
  • Playing in second gear is a compliment,
    The team work for the goals were great and 14 players got more minutes
    and will be getting sharper, 4's and 5's are when you play poor.
    You watched a different game to me.

I have a different opinion on the merits of what I saw. Still, we won and we're all looking forward to the next round.

I have a different opinion on the merits of what I saw. Still, we won and we're all looking forward to the next round.
    You must have been in a bad mood, because you saw a different game to EVERYONE else.
  • Macronate said:

You can only beat what's put in front of you, but I wasn't overly impressed last night, apart from by Fox, TWWW and KAG. Ceballos isn't a winger; I'd rather seem him in front of two defensive midfielders than out wide. Regan isn't a right-back (yet?). The two centre-backs looked iffy when pressed, but they didn't get proper protection from midfield. Of course, I'm happy we won but we'll need to improve on that performance in the coming weeks.

you gave Bauer a 5 on the player's marks thread and yet nobody else gave him less than a 7.

Sarr a 5.

Ceballos, Pope and Charles-Cook all 4?

give me strength.

Is he related to Golfie and Viewfinder?
  • Sponsored links:

• Bauer couldn't score a 5 if he tried
  • We've only really come up against a dispirited and disjointed QPR and a D&R team higher on effort and determination than real quality so I can't let myself get too carried away just yet - but the signs are very good. Bauer looks like he could be an absolute diamond, Sarr is clearly not totally up to speed but has more pace and skill than his size suggests I think. Fox is going from strength to strength, Kashi and Ba are good enough to keep Cousins out of CM on their own merit (on current form) and Ceballos looks like he could have some good passes in the locker but perhaps coming off the bench is going to be his main role for now. Watt on form could beat any defender, Makienok is going to leave a lot of bruises and dents at both ends of the pitch, KAG has bulked up and looks fired up and raring to go. And for all his theatrics, Reza certainly finished with aplomb and may have a point to prove.

The real question is still one of depth for me. The first 11 is probably play-off level, but once injuries/suspension/loss of form kicks in we could potentially struggle to maintain that quality.
  • edited August 2015
    Macronate said:

You can only beat what's put in front of you, but I wasn't overly impressed last night, apart from by Fox, TWWW and KAG. Ceballos isn't a winger; I'd rather seem him in front of two defensive midfielders than out wide. Regan isn't a right-back (yet?). The two centre-backs looked iffy when pressed, but they didn't get proper protection from midfield. Of course, I'm happy we won but we'll need to improve on that performance in the coming weeks.

you gave Bauer a 5 on the player's marks thread and yet nobody else gave him less than a 7.

Sarr a 5.

Ceballos, Pope and Charles-Cook all 4?

give me strength.

Maybe... just maybe... people should be able to post what they think on the player ratings thread without being called out onit for the sake of integrity and interest??
  • maybe you're right and maybe I shouldn't have bitten.

everybody is after all entitled to their opinion.