Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Dagenham & Redbridge - post match views

Comments

• Good win against a League two side that in previous years we would have made a pigs ear of it.

No one had a bad game, though Charles Cook does not appear to be a right back, more of a right sided midfield player. Good finish from Reza, but still light weight.

Hopefully a kind home draw for the next round
  • Did anyone else notice the madman of a centre back playing for Dagenham? I think he was their number 6. He kept pulling out all the tricks and flicks and should have been playing up front! Watching his erratic movements and bizarre shouting kept me thoroughly entertained all game.
  • Comfortable win. Long season ahead but I'm feeling optimistic about our chances
  • Did anyone else notice the madman of a centre back playing for Dagenham? I think he was their number 6. He kept pulling out all the tricks and flicks and should have been playing up front! Watching his erratic movements and bizarre shouting kept me thoroughly entertained all game.

Was his surname Goldthorpe?
  • I'm with Stig on feeling he got the selection just right.
    I said that at 7.45 as they kicked off. The balance was fine all night.
    Young Charles-Cook is no full back, but a side who are a bottom 6 League 2 could not expose him and the kid did fine.
    Having seen all 7 new players, i can say there is not 1 dud there.
    Bauer was a rock at the back and Sarr will have harder tests,
    Bergdich took his goal well and cabellos has some skill.
    Ba is looking Good and from Saturday Kashi was MOM on CL.
    and The great Dane could end up a cult hero.
    The last talking point is will Ghoochannejhad Reza reck his CAFC Career ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2015
    Scoham said:

Same stage two years ago we beat Oxford 4-0.

Last year we beat Colchester 4-0.

To concede this year just isn't good enough.

And we were knocked out in the next stage both years. Conceding today may just be what gets us into the 3rd round!
  • Felt a bit like a friendly. We seemed very comfortable, not having to get out of third gear passing crisply. They didn't seem up for it in an in your face way which surprised me. I picked out their 17 and 10 (17 was Jones) being a bit above the rest of their team.
  • Fox has really stepped up in these last two games, especially tonight I feel. Granted we were playing league 2 opposition but I thought he showed tonight that he can be a real modern fullback. He had the confidence to attack and take on both the winger and the opposition fullback and showed real class at times. His passing and positioning seem to be improving all the time too and I hope this attacking development continues.

I'm not criticising anyone's opinion and I'm evidently in the minority here but what I saw from Fox is someone wholehearted, as witnessed by the two huge tackles in the first half. I also saw someone continually give the ball away. He needs to improve in this area, in my opinion.

I never shout anything but encouragement to our players and I am hopeful that he will continue to improve
  • Dont the BBC / Sky get all their information from the Press Association for the vidiprinter?
  • wasn't there ... a morale boosting win .. more newbies introduced .... looking like a strong squad .. good player selection from the owners 'transfer selection panel' and Guy Luzon .. 6 goals in 2 games (yes I know D & R is a real minnow of a club) .. onward to Derby and I'm looking forward to a good performance and a great game
  • mascot88 said:

Loving it ..... Fucking loving it .... First goals for the young chap and Bergdich...

I am got a feeling we are gonna go to Derby and get something and maybe, just maybe all three...

Dare to win... you better you f****** believe it .....

Go back to bed - you're still drunk
    Its afternoon here in Oz... just got back from the gym as it goes...

• Sponsored links:

• 995632 said:

Who is Sanchez?

995632 said:

Who is Sanchez?

Big Sergio. He scored tonight

Yeah... Still don't get it...
    Quite. Who is this Sanchez/ Big Sergio ? Am I being whooshed ?
    BBC reported Sanchez as scorer of what was our second goal....
    Thanks. I was feeling a bit emabarrassed. It's unlike me, to not know the players names/nicknames and I thought I'd had one beer too many.
  • Enjoyed last night but not getting carried away. Thought most of the squad did well and was very pleased that Reza got a goal as I'm in the small minority that actually think he's a decent player if we somehow manage to avoid scapegoating him. The muppet boo boys behind me last night predictably got on his back before he'd even touched the ball but were remarkably silent after his goal. Not sure how they even saw it to be honest, as they spent literally the entire match glued to their smartphones and calling out the goal updates from everywhere else. Why would you even go to a game if you essentially just want to watch the vidiprinter?
  • There's no way that game was played like a friendly....just two teams largely intent on playing football. I thought D&R played ok but for the most part couldn't find a final ball or their way past Bauer. We played well, with a good tempo and lots of short one touches to keep D&R chasing around. D&R played a 4-5-1 but despite their extra man in midfield, we dominated that area too with Ba and Jackson covering a lot of ground. It was our pass and move football that eventually got it's rewards with the goals and our finishing & shooting was excellent.

Did laugh when having been elbowed full in the face early 2nd half in front of the East, Tony Watt whinged very loudly at the bloke..."watch ya elbas, ya stupid c***!"

The only downside was the crowd. I thought there were more than 5100 in there but hey ho.

• No it's Sky... They've made him up and assigned him shirt no 19! http://www.skysports.com/football/player/9130/sergio-sanchez Terrible journalism!!

hahaha

Impressive he's already played twice in the Capital One Cup this season.
  • No it's Sky... They've made him up and assigned him shirt no 19! http://www.skysports.com/football/player/9130/sergio-sanchez Terrible journalism!!

How odd
  • when is the draw for next round couldn't find it on tinternet, ta
  • We do need CB/RB cover.. wonder if Panathiaikos are about to loan us their new signing...
  • Thought it was a good performance. Liked that there was a mix of first teamers and young players in there, was as if treating it as a competitive pre season game. Thought Ceballos looked lively if he didn't quite have that final pass in him but promising signs. Watt was excellent throughout. Two CBs looked solid and I like that both look to bring the ball out of defence. Fox wasn't great but didn't do too much wrong, perhaps some work needed on his attacking play, he had a few wayward passes and a couple of blind crosses. Very pleased for KAG, not least because I backed him at 6/4 to score.

One semi negative point was at 3-1 the midfield seemed to disappear which just invited them to run at the back 4, a better team might have been able to exploit that better. I will put it down to fatigue/lack of fitness for now. Apart from that though happy with what I saw and well done Luzon on getting the team and tactics right.