Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Dagenham - Preview (and Match Thread from page 4)

Comments

• Fumbluff said:

I don't want to pay to see Harriott :(

corrected for you :)
  • No, you've actually made it less accurate
  • Fumbluff said:

I don't want to pay to see Harriott up front :(

Agree, its not his best position he is a winger and should either be played there or not at all. Last season he was primarily played as a striker and it was his worst season for the club. If given a decent run of games again as a winger there is no reason he cant be the solution to the left side of our midfield.
  • If that was the team I would have a nasty feeling that Luzon has had a look at Sarr in training and thought - "Oh shit I have been sold a pup".

Well, he'd need to be seeing more than he did at Chelmsford anyway.
  • I really want to see Kag start and score, to give him confidence.
  • Looking forward to this. We have a dreadful record in this competition and it's time to start putting it right. I hope that Mr Luzon takes it seriously, sadly too many of his predecessors haven't.

https://staddickstics.wordpress.com/2015/08/11/charltons-league-cup-record/
  • Stig said:

Looking forward to this. We have a dreadful record in this competition and it's time to start putting it right. I hope that Mr Luzon takes it seriously, sadly too many of his predecessors haven't.

Wow - 58 months without a result - they should have kicked us out for not taking it seriously !

Cheers Stig, really interesting.
  • Isnt there a rule requiring a fixed number of first teamers to start? I had 7 in mind.... Or is that the FA cup?

Solly should not be risked and Pope should play. Bauer and Sarr makes sense and up front why not start KAG if Reza is not going to be in the picture? If Harriot does not feature then I guess he is history. Fans will want to see Ceballos in competitive action.
  • edited August 2015
    It will be first team players who may need a game for fitness and reserves - but I don't mind that and will be going. Will give us a sense what strength we have in depth and hopefully we still win the game! Hopefully a few big guns on the bench to avert a potential disaster if required.
  • Sponsored links:

• Isnt there a rule requiring a fixed number of first teamers to start? I had 7 in mind.... Or is that the FA cup?

Solly should not be risked and Pope should play. Bauer and Sarr makes sense and up front why not start KAG if Reza is not going to be in the picture? If Harriot does not feature then I guess he is history. Fans will want to see Ceballos in competitive action.

that was the JPT
  • ross1 said:

Ketts' team, not keen on it, but he is more right than wrong

Pope, Charles-Cook, Bauer, Lennon, Holmes-Dennis; Ceballos, Cousins, Jackson, Bergdich; Ahearne-Grant, Harriott.

Holmes-Dennis played for the U21s away at Crewe today. Will be amazed if he is involved.

Also can't believe that Naby Sarr won't be in the starting line up.

Do you know the team at Crewe, as the manager of Crewe who is interested in Holmes-Dennis, said he is playing tonight, do not know how he knows.
  • 2-0 Win.

Like to see a 4-3-3.

Pope
    Charles-Cook, Sarr, Lennon, THD
    Cousins, Jackson, Ceballos
    KAG, Makienok, Bergdich

Subs: Mitov, Kashi, Bauer, Gudmundsson, Harriott, Reza, Ba
  • Stig said:

Looking forward to this. We have a dreadful record in this competition and it's time to start putting it right. I hope that Mr Luzon takes it seriously, sadly too many of his predecessors haven't.

Wow after reading that I cannot to wait to go tonight.
  • edited August 2015
  • Stig said:

Excellent article, Stig. I think I read somewhere a few years back that we had by far the worst League Cup record of any team in the top two divisions and were ranked eighty something in terms of the records of all 92 clubs. At least we've got past round 1 in the last two seasons. I can only recall two League Cup runs: the catastrophic quarter final against Wycombe (I'll never forget the booing that poor old Les Reed got when he caught the ball on the touchline) and a game in the late 70s, when we lost to 1st Division Stoke City (replete with a promising young striker by the name of Garth Crooks) 3-2 at the Valley.

There have been a couple of other derbies at the Valley with 30,000 crowds, like West Ham and QPR (when the latter were good in the mid-70s), but generally we've been crap in this competition - and in the FA Cup for that matter.

Looking forward to tonight, though.
  • Judging by our past records, I'm pleased that we're even allowed in the competition, and have made it to round one.

But without going all Tony Mowbray like, we really ought to be beating teams like this, I'm plumping for a 4-0 victory tonight.
  • If that was the team I would have a nasty feeling that Luzon has had a look at Sarr in training and thought - "Oh shit I have been sold a pup".

Yeah. Sarr's not good enough for Dagenham & Redbridge. You couldn't make it up.
  • If we win tonight, a home game or an away London derby will be affected by the next Tube strike, just announced for Tuesday 25th August....
  • Pedro45 said:

If we win tonight, a home game or an away London derby will be affected by the next Tube strike, just announced for Tuesday 25th August....

Should be posting this on Daggers Life
  • Sponsored links:

• Pedro45 said:

If we win tonight, a home game or an away London derby will be affected by the next Tube strike, just announced for Tuesday 25th August....

Oh joy !

Would hold on to your ticket stubs from tonight though if you want to make a possible away trip, in case the ticketing system fails to show that you did attend .

I'm sure the teething problems are now resolved but you can't be too careful.

• Pedro45 said:

Which automatically means there will be severe disruption on Southeastern trains also!
  • The feel good factor should help us with this one but you never know? First goal will he crucial as always especially if its a young side. 2-0 to Charlton and Huddersfield away will await in the next round.
  • Can anyone tell me ticket prices for the West Stand tonight? Been trying to navigate the utterly shit OS that Charlton now have on my windows phone for last 10 mins and getting nowhere!
  • Can anyone tell me ticket prices for the West Stand tonight? Been trying to navigate the utterly shit OS that Charlton now have on my windows phone for last 10 mins and getting nowhere!

£10 adults and £1 u18s

£10 adults and £1 u18s
    Thanks!
  • Hi all I'm stuck at work and wont get home in time i think to do the match thread, can someone else take it on tonight please?
  • edited August 2015

Hi all I'm stuck at work and wont get home in time i think to do the match thread, can someone else take it on tonight please?

I can do the match round up now if you want?

A second string Charlton side missing many players rested from the weekend win against QPR underperformed in front a sparse Valley cup crowd of 3,762. The match KO was delayed 15 minutes due to congestion at the turnstiles

D&R opened the scoring in the 4th minute as a speculative shot from their new signing cannoned off the arse of "insert" the Charlton defender sending their young third choice keeper "insert" the wrong way tumbling into his water bottle, towel and spare gloves. Charlton then huffed, puffed and hoofed their way back into the game in their attempt to gain parity and it looked like a replay was on the cards when their latest u18 academy starlet "insert" was brought down in the area. "insert" not a regular starter due to long term unexplainable injury, placed the spot kick firmly in the bottom corner, waking up everyone in the West Stand with many a Bovril spilt in the process. Within 30 secounds of the retart however and in the 12th minute of injury time, D&R streamed up field passing like Brazil before Brazil were shit and scoring what was to be the winner. The Valley errupted into a medium level of tutting as the visitors booked their place in the next round and the home support wandered out into Floyd Road knowing that without doubt D&R would get a really juicy inviting draw in the next round.

Soapy Jones at the Valley.
  • Well the M3 ridiculous stretch of roadworks and the M25 general shiteness did it's very best to derail us, but Mrs AFKA will go to the (foot)ball. Long-standing readers will know this means a comfortable home win :-)
  • Decent starting line-up. Think we will win by plenty tonight.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!