Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Dagenham - Preview (and Match Thread from page 4)

Comments

• This is a good chance to get some of the new players match fit so I would expect a strong side with Jacko starting.

4-0
  • Surely home win,3-1 , after a scare.
  • wasn't gonna bother with this one but after Saturday think I'll go along now.
  • I'm actually excited for this one, particularly to see Ceballos.

2-0 Charlton (again).
  • I can't decide whether to go or not.
    Can someone call heads or tails and another person toss a coin please.
  • Oh, and looking at one of their forums they don't seem to think Cureton will be involved
  • I can't see Pope being risked and it's a good opportunity for Mitov to get some experience. Foolhardy if Pope plays.
  • don't normally go to League Cup games but fancy watching some of the new signs like Ceballos and Bergdich.

I don't why but every year when we get knocked out by lower league opposition I say never again but always do. However, this year the attraction is seeing Cebellos, Bergdich and Sarr play plus the odd academy lad. Also, if the Jodi Jones we made an offer for plays it will be interesting to see how he performs too.

• I can't see Pope being risked and it's a good opportunity for Mitov to get some experience. Foolhardy if Pope plays.

Not sure, I think he's a confidence player and he'll be up after his good performance on Saturday, tomorrow gives him another chance to build on that confidence before a very tough trip this weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Pope struggles against Dagenham I'll have question marks for the first time.

He's played in their Division twice now (Although has never played against Dagenham) and should be comfortable against Strikers of that level for sure
  • I would keep Pope in goal let him continue to build a strong understanding with the defence, assuming we do put out a semi strong first team at the very least anyway.

I would imagine at least one of the CBs will be changed (Diarra for Sarr) but I agree it would be good to keep a solid back five - maybe without Solly if his knees are a concern.
  • I thought Holmes-Dennis was out on loan somewhere?
  • edited August 2015
    Chrispy51 said:

I thought Holmes-Dennis was out on loan somewhere?

He was linked with Crewe Alexandra although nothing has come of it so far... He's also playing for our U21s against them so far, so thats one ruled out of the match tomorrow
  • I'd play Pope again, as its effectively a non-risk game and gives him a strong chance to experience two Charlton wins in a matter of days.

I'll probably go as I only live down the road and have nothing better to do.
  • cafctom said:

I'd play Pope again, as its effectively a non-risk game and gives him a strong chance to experience two Charlton wins in a matter of days.

The risk is him getting crocked in a relatively meaningless game. Our backup is really now Mitov. Worth the risk ?

• cafctom said:

I'd play Pope again, as its effectively a non-risk game and gives him a strong chance to experience two Charlton wins in a matter of days.

The risk is him getting crocked in a relatively meaningless game. Our backup is really now Mitov. Worth the risk ?

This is not a meaningless game at all in my opinion, its a cup game, a cup that would should aim to get as far in as possible, to either get that payday from a game against one of the rich clubs, which might pay for a new addition come January or who knows could even be our year.

• Depending who played for the u21's today, line could be -

Pope
    Charles-Cook, Sarr, Lennon, Bergdich
    Ceballos, Cousins, Jackson, Harriott
    Makienok, Ahearne-Grant
  • Sponsored links:

• If Sarr plays (which I hope he will), I'd like to see Bauer with him in defence. I assume that's going to be the first-choice centre-back pairing when everyone's fit, so would be good for them to have a competitive game before playing together in the league
  • No point playing Lennon. He will never be a major first team player for us (another Piggot). Lets get the first team squad up to speed.
  • My money is on us being underwhelming. I just cannot shake the feeling, it's in my Charlton supporting DNA...
  • I think Solly, Diarra, JBG, Kashi and Watt will be rested. Wouldn't be that surprised if the other starters from Saturday play
  • Match thread from 6.45.....2-0 addicks
  • No point playing Lennon. He will never be a major first team player for us (another Piggot). Lets get the first team squad up to speed.

We only have 2 CB's plus Diarra, so could be needed in the future. For that reason, think we could see him tomorrow and wouldn't be a bad idea.
  • Ketts' team, not keen on it, but he is more right than wrong

Pope, Charles-Cook, Bauer, Lennon, Holmes-Dennis; Ceballos, Cousins, Jackson, Bergdich; Ahearne-Grant, Harriott.
  • If that was the team I would have a nasty feeling that Luzon has had a look at Sarr in training and thought - "Oh shit I have been sold a pup".
  • ross1 said:

Ketts' team, not keen on it, but he is more right than wrong

Pope, Charles-Cook, Bauer, Lennon, Holmes-Dennis; Ceballos, Cousins, Jackson, Bergdich; Ahearne-Grant, Harriott.

Holmes-Dennis played for the U21s away at Crewe today. Will be amazed if he is involved.

Also can't believe that Naby Sarr won't be in the starting line up.

• I don't want to pay to see Harriott up front :(
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!