Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BBC Special on the Olympic Stadium this Thursday!

“The Olympic Stadium: How the Hammers Struck Gold” will run this Thursday, August 6th at 19.00 on BBC1 London, and available on iPlayer afterwards for 30 days.

It is never a good idea to assume how the media will treat a topic, but the programme makers have interviewed Steve Clarke and Richard Hunt on camera at the Valley, and had full access to all our research work on the issue.

So we urge everyone to watch it, record it and tell everyone about it!

Comments

• Well that answers my question on the other thread,

Have any other trusts had an input and Been interviewed
  • Looking forward to it already, whatever the result, good work our & any other trusts who got involved.
  • I shall watch it and understand the full scope of the argument, do West Ham respond to the issues raised do you know

And it's not because I am impatient just interested in how balanced the issues are going to be laid out
  • For those of you outside of London BBC1 London is channel 954 on Sky.
  • Very much look forward to this
  • edited August 2015

More importantly you might get a few seconds peak inside the museum.

That's raising expectations.

Don't lets peak too early:-)

Edit. Henry has spotted his spelling error. You're welcome :-)

• Sponsored links:

• Reckon I will be tuning in then seems to be quite a scoop
  • edited August 2015
    The trailer last night certainly seemed to imply that the programme would expose a few wrongs and make it clear how financially imbalanced the arrangements are.
  • Well done everyone involved in raising the issue to such a high level of exposure.
  • se9addick said:

For those of you outside of London BBC1 London is channel 954 on Sky.

According to my sky planner, at 7pm Thursday is an edition of "fake Britain" - doesn't say anything about Olympic Stadium. Are you sure you have time and date right?

• redman said:

se9addick said:

For those of you outside of London BBC1 London is channel 954 on Sky.

According to my sky planner, at 7pm Thursday is an edition of "fake Britain" - doesn't say anything about Olympic Stadium. Are you sure you have time and date right?

Yep, the EPG hasn't updated yet - I think the BBC only gave the green light yesterday for the documentary so will need to advise Sky there's been a change.

Or Prague has imagined the entire thing !
  • Weird - we'll chase them up, it's definitely going out tomorrow at 7.
  • I have already mailed them, but that is a confirmed timing. I guess that's the non-commercial side of the BBC showing...
  • The BBC has confirmed it to PA. It is listed in the Radio Times listings, I guess others will follow as and when they're updated.

Programme details:

The Olympic Stadium: How the Hammers Struck Gold
    BBC1 London Thursday August 6th 2015 7pm

It’s costing taxpayers hundreds of millions to convert the Olympic Stadium into a home fit for West Ham Football Club. With the amount spiralling, BBC Sports Editor Dan Roan investigates a deal that was shrouded in secrecy and has left us footing the bill while making the club owners even richer.
  • Sponsored links:

• JohnBoyUK said:

Will be watching with interest. I sense a storm brewing.

I really hope so.
    And I really hope that the Valiant efforts of the Trust and others ultimately gain the momentum to achieve a fitting result.
    Having sown the seeds of a seismic shift I would hate for them this to see this end in a whitewash or a feeble compromise.
  • Sky plussing this now as we're out tomorrow.

Great stuff, PA, Steve Clarke & co !
  • You lot sure about this? Still showing as fake Britain on my telebox?

And I think that's a show that is shown across all regions. Not sure they'd move it to be honest.
  • You lot sure about this? Still showing as fake Britain on my telebox?

And I think that's a show that is shown across all regions. Not sure they'd move it to be honest.

Yes we are sure. BBC London only, but now showing up on iPlayer. They had some technical problem with the listings.
  • It is showing correctly on Sky Planner
  • @cabbles thanks for the lovely comments - PA deserves bulk of credit for serious hard work on this, but also just to point out gently that we are not all gents ;-)

Looking forward to the programme - please help spread the word on social media everyone - should be of serious interest to all UK taxpayers and football fans everywhere!
  • yes now showing on sky planner for BBC 1 London only, channel 954 on sky. Shame it is not on BBC1 south east as well; means it will miss a lot of the aimed audience.
  • cabbles said:

@PragueAddick I have just opened this thread for the first time. My cousin Mat is very grateful for all the help the trust have given him in generating interest in how bent this whole process has been. I hope it's hard hitting and exposing. Rather than PM you I wanted to say this here as I believe you, Steve Clarke and the other trust members didn't have to be as helpful as you have been, so you deserve some decent recognition for your time and efforts. Cheers gents

Thanks @cabbles. I was going at some point to remind everyone where this thread started..with Mat's petition. Shouting into the wind, no one hearing him, as the West Ham Olympic juggernaut threatened to wash away the club he loves. Brave, decent fans like him deserve support. We are as fans stronger, and make things happen when we cross tribal lines and co-operate. Mat is pretty amazed at what we have been up to, but he has contacts and resources we don't have, e.g, knowing who is who at the GLA, and having a strong Twitter presence. Put that together and we are more than the sum of the parts. Then when you bring in Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Brentford, Fulham, as we are slowly doing...well if I was Boris, I'd give up politics and go for a permanent anchor role on HIGNFY :-)