Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

St Truiden v Charlton 18 July 2015 - match threads

12346»

Comments

• edited July 2015

could it be that Guy is making the point to RD that he has 4 1st team players carrying knocks so they were sent home and the only replacements he has are youngsters while good at their level are not ready for the 1st team?

be nice if he is

Maybe, Lancs. But what a sad state of affairs if that is true.

RD appointed GL and, one would hope, trusts his footballing judgement. Why not communicate in the time honoured fashion of talking and listening, rather than through symbolic gestures.
  • CAFC is a sad place these days as are many clubs (IMHO)
  • Davo55 said:

could it be that Guy is making the point to RD that he has 4 1st team players carrying knocks so they were sent home and the only replacements he has are youngsters while good at their level are not ready for the 1st team?

be nice if he is

RD appointed GL and, one would hope, trusts his footballing judgement. Why not communicate in the time honoured fashion of talking and listening, rather than through symbolic gestures.
    Agree with your point there and maybe there is a lack of communication between GL and RD, I'd guess that is where KM earns her corn.
  • St Truiden start their league season, this weekend. Perhaps Roland asked for a weakened Charlton side, so that St Truiden could get a confidence boosting win before they start the serious stuff.

Is PP still there? Did he play? Was he any good?
  • Apart from the match I enjoyed the weekend. It was good to see our youngsters trounce their youngsters in two 80 minute games. Thought our no9 for I think U15s looked very good and the massive keeper didn't have to much to do but made a great save from a wicked deflection.
  • which defender fell on his arris during a tackle?
  • Apart from the match I enjoyed the weekend. It was good to see our youngsters trounce their youngsters in two 80 minute games. Thought our no9 for I think U15s looked very good and the massive keeper didn't have to much to do but made a great save from a wicked deflection.

Was it our Nigerian wonder kid?
  • I have A4 team sheets from St Truiden.

Available to collectors for postage and a donation to the museum.

inbox me
  • Davo55 said:

be nice if he is

If that doesn't work GL should try conveying his message through rhthymic gymnastics
  • Sponsored links:

• What annoyed me was the players walking off at end. Seemed like no passion... I know it's a pre season friendly etc but you expect more.

The result isn't important but we need more players.

You're obviously too young.

It's a bleedin pre season friendly.

No Charlton player in history, has ever shown any passion, in a pre season friendly.

(Apart from Terry Naylor who broke his leg against W Ham I think).
    Marco Boogers for west ham run around in a pre season friendly like a fecking mad man if i can remember rightly.
    Remember this game so well.

Boogers crocked both our new signings, Superclive and Matty Holmes.

Also West Ham fans giving young Lampard Stick, and a few hammers fans near me saying he was only in the team because his dad was coach !

• We had

I can hardly be bothered, to go to The Valley, for a meaningless, passionless, complete waste of time, friendly, kick about, so fair play to anyone that travels abroad.

Mind you, I'm a bit surprised, when the travelling hordes, then say they were disappointed, as the games were a passionless, meaningless and a waste of time.

We had about 100 there.