Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

St Truiden v Charlton 18 July 2015 - match threads

Comments

• seth plum said:

Is the Dagenham friendly happening?

Wednesday evening
  • "The Welling Debacle"

Lol
  • The result of a pre-season friendly doesn't mean anything - surely the idea of them are ;

A - to get the players match fit again

B - to get them playing as a cohesive unit & to try out any news formations or systems.

C - to bed in any new players & as then as B above, get them all working together.

By playing the 2 second halves with mainly youth players & reserves totally nullifies the above, To add to this we then send back 4 or 5 first teamers for a CAFC 11 friendly, thus making the St Truden match meaningless.

I had been thinking about taking my young lad to D&R and Southend (we already have tickets for the W Ham game) but having experience the Welling debacle & hearing that we are still persisting with meaningless friendlies then I'd rather not waste my money.

I'd imagine the West Ham and Bolton games will see a much more structured side for the first 60 mins.
  • seth plum said:

I was wondering that Seth, no published ticket prices from what I can see.
  • Essex_Al said:

seth plum said:

I was wondering that Seth, no published ticket prices from what I can see.
    Tickets being advertised on the Daggers' site #customercare.
  • See that Harriott was the only one there not to get a kick
  • What annoyed me was the players walking off at end. Seemed like no passion... I know it's a pre season friendly etc but you expect more.

The result isn't important but we need more players.

You're obviously too young.

It's a bleedin pre season friendly.

No Charlton player in history, has ever shown any passion, in a pre season friendly.

(Apart from Terry Naylor who broke his leg against W Ham I think).
  • What annoyed me was the players walking off at end. Seemed like no passion... I know it's a pre season friendly etc but you expect more.

The result isn't important but we need more players.

You're obviously too young.

It's a bleedin pre season friendly.

No Charlton player in history, has ever shown any passion, in a pre season friendly.

(Apart from Terry Naylor who broke his leg against W Ham I think).
    Marco Boogers for west ham run around in a pre season friendly like a fecking mad man if i can remember rightly.
  • See that Harriott was the only one there not to get a kick

Usual game for him :smile:
  • Anyone got some in depth feedback of the new faces?
  • Sponsored links:

• Was pretty pissed last night. I retracts my statements and realised the error of my ways.

We looked rusty but we are 3 weeks away - they are one. Speaking to Katrien at half time, she seemed like she was keen to get some new players and quick too. She was a very down to earth and lovely lady. Merged and greeted Kashi too.

When I spoke about passion - the Sint Truiden players done their usual continental lap after the game followed by some chanting. Ours went straight for the tunnel and didn't really acknowledge the travelling fans.
  • Anyone got some in depth feedback of the new faces?

There's not a lot to really talk about. I can't think of one player who had a good game yesterday.
  • was RD there?
  • was RD there?

Yes
  • You're no fun apologising RugbyAddick.
    Can't we have a bit of a row ?

Only joking. Appreciate your candour, which wasn't necessary.
  • How did Charles-Cook do? Does he look like he'll seriously challenge for a first team place? Or is he there because he's the closest we have to a winger in the u21s?
  • Scoham said:

How did Charles-Cook do? Does he look like he'll seriously challenge for a first team place? Or is he there because he's the closest we have to a winger in the u21s?

Again - he looked out of his depth as well as the other youngsters but as has been said, it's hard to judge in pre season. Out of all the second half subs, I thought Kennedy played well to start with when coming on and Piggy too. Baring in mind The Pig got our one and only shot on target in the 84th minute!!!

Pope got beaten near post for their first goal but speaking to some Belgians after the game, he was brilliant midweek and they thought he was our number 1.

One of the problems our players had was the fact that every tackle made was met with dramatic scenes from the opposition players and free kicks were given most of the time.
  • Scoham said:

How did Charles-Cook do? Does he look like he'll seriously challenge for a first team place? Or is he there because he's the closest we have to a winger in the u21s?

Again - he looked out of his depth as well as the other youngsters but as has been said, it's hard to judge in pre season. Out of all the second half subs, I thought Kennedy played well to start with when coming on and Piggy too. Baring in mind The Pig got our one and only shot on target in the 84th minute!!!

Pope got beaten near post for their first goal but speaking to some Belgians after the game, he was brilliant midweek and they thought he was our number 1.

One of the problems our players had was the fact that every tackle made was met with dramatic scenes from the opposition players and free kicks were given most of the time.
    I'm sure I read a comment somewhere that the 1st was a big deflection?
  • Scoham said:

I'm sure I read a comment somewhere that the 1st was a big deflection?
    I need to see it again... I had a sneezing fit whilst the first one was going in. From what I saw Pope was beaten near post.
  • Definitely not a bad thing that Roland was there as he will have seen first hand that we need more signings.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was to pissed to care but Jesus Christ not hard to say hello etc to the fans. Out of them all only fox, Bauer, JBG, Harriot and watt bothered. Cousins couldn't even be bothered to put the phone down for 2 seconds to have a chat with us. That's shite in my opinion. Driven over 500 miles this weekend to see 1 shot and get pissed would I do it again probably haha
  • Driven over 500 miles this weekend to see 1 shot and get pissed would I do it again probably haha

If only we could turn these words into a song, it would literally define us :smile:

• Genk will finish in top four,STVV will be Lucky to stay in this division.The two matches have been about fitness as always do not read tomuch into Charltons results preseason.You can see the stronger players and this will produce the backbone to the side.The weekend was very interesting and good to meet up with old mates again.
  • There number 22 looked good - albeit he was s many little bitch.
  • The players are hereimage

I didn't realise that St Truiden played in the MC Escher Stadium.
  • edited July 2015
    could it be that Guy is making the point to RD that he has 4 1st team players carrying knocks so they were sent home and the only replacements he has are youngsters while good at their level are not ready for the 1st team?

be nice if he is