Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

St Truiden v Charlton 18 July 2015 - match threads

Comments

• Four...
  • Going down going down going down ;)
  • Blimey, that's embarrassing.....
  • Katrien Meire at half time - "what this viewing, we need about 4 or 5 new players."

Really poor show from start to finish. Can't say anyone has caught the eye.

Did she say that or am I being thick ?
  • Pitiful. What you got to say North Stand Steve, Barry Manilow and the other Roly apologists?
  • No it's ok... honest!
  • Sponsored links:

• Pre-season going well then?
  • Thank god for the beer - a bit of a waste of time - whole team was reserves apart from fox second half. Hardly ever looked like scoring. Piggot looked decent.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Pre-season going well then?

You answer him lads...
  • Don't say we are behind where we were this time last year?
    Well, I'm a glass half-full bloke myself.
  • Bring on Wet Spam
  • Nice ego trip for RD there, his love child team is looking ready for the new season.. now we need some players please my friend and make it quick time, 20 days till the big kick off. :blush:
  • Errr, it's a pre season. We could have won 25-0
    & it means the same - all about fitness, while
    It's nice to win, it means nothing in the grand scheme of things
  • Never nice being on the end of a straight forward drubbing, but that was nothing close to our first team so I'd read zip into that. Whether it was worthwhile playing with a very weak squad on a 3G pitch against decent oppo is a different matter, but next Saturday will be a completely different test and a far better indication of where we are.

Move on, as they say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Never nice being on the end of a straight forward drubbing, but that was nothing close to our first team so I'd read zip into that. Whether it was worthwhile playing with a very weak squad on a 3G pitch against decent oppo is a different matter, but next Saturday will be a completely different test and a far better indication of where we are.

Move on, as they say.

Plus 4 (FOUR) new signings on Tuesday!!!!!
  • St Truiden is a nice town to visit for a weekend. The football is a bit of a waste of time as it was last season.

Move on, as they say.

I think the game was arranged as its convenient for 'the network' but I'm pretty sure the squad as a whole will take a lot from the few days in Belgium. It appears from the club and personal social media that the new lads have settled in well and the squad is working hard in training but able to interact and relax outside of that. Has you say, next week will be a better indication of where we are at, but even then it's still a pre-season friendly where its all about minutes and trying new things.
  • se9addick said:

Katrien Meire at half time - "what this viewing, we need about 4 or 5 new players."

Our U21s and U18s crumbled against a top tier side who start their season next week. On a pitch which is probably alien to most of them.

Jesus. Get a grip.
  • St Truiden is a nice town to visit for a weekend. The football is a bit of a waste of time as it was last season.

Fair play for going Muttley but don't think you should ever attend a preseason friendly expecting to be entertained.
  • The other way to look at it is say we beat West Ham 4-0 next week then Bolton 3-0, does that mean we'll be promoted???
  • Does this mean Sint Truiden are top of the network ?
  • If anyone wants a laugh, go check the Facebook page lmao
  • se9addick said:

Katrien Meire at half time - "what this viewing, we need about 4 or 5 new players."

Our U21s and U18s crumbled against a top tier side who start their season next week. On a pitch which is probably alien to most of them.

Jesus. Get a grip.
    Huh ? I have quite the grip thanks, I was wondering if our CEO had said we're still a good few players a way from where we need to be.
  • 2nd best all game.

Not sure it means too much.

They kick their season in 7 days and we're 3 weeks away.

That said JBG, Big Simon et al didn't show. Kids got over run a bit at the end. Doesn't mean that as individuals playing alongside first team experience they aren't up to it.

Neither proves or proves anything other than that we need Jackson to be starting every game and we still need more players.

Two close but not done I hear. One name mentioned on here the other not is all I can say. WIOTOS.

Still had a great weekend.