Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan Bid For Callum Harriott

Comments

• Options

Agreed the player has talent, but is inconsistent, and I fear he does like to play the 'clown'...... nothing wrong with that as you say the guy is 21. Although acting like this does make you think he is an attention seeker. I feel that on balance he has had his opportunity, and should move on.

Actually all those photos show to me is how f**king awful our outfield kits were last season!
    And the point I was trying to make was that he liked to get attention.......... not that he was a poor footballer, not really sure that is the behaviour to indulge in on a press day, with one of the sponsors, but then I tend to think that last year was an important year for the lad. Yes, he did play out of position, up front in my opinion, but that was big bob's idea I guess. By the way the word 'clown' was a Charlton player's opinion expressed to me at the ground. Good on him that he supported the community work. I will let others comment on the kit, I have already commentated about the UoG logo, so at least we agree on that.
    I'm pretty sure those are pictures that were circulated by the club, so I would imagine they were very happy to see the players involved with the club enjoying themselves during the kit launch. Not quite sure how you can take anything else from that frankly. It's football, we're not starting a new branch of the Samaritans
  • Options
    It is all relative. I think he has the potential to be a very good player but something seems to be missing. Maybe it is hunger maybe something else. I think fans on a forum should be able to offer their opinions on what that might be.
  • Options
    Other than Wagstaff, another maligned player on here, the hardest working winger we've had since John Robinson. Despite not being the biggest he is not afraid to mix it physically and unlike Lloyd Sam with whom he has been often compared, wrongly in my view, has an eye for goal.

I think he could be a player we may rue releasing at the age of 21. Yes if Bulot and JBG are still with us come August he will probably struggle to start but pace off the bench combined with an eye for goal is always worth having and injuries can strike the best players.

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Other than Wagstaff, another maligned player on here, the hardest working winger we've had since John Robinson. Despite not being the biggest he is not afraid to mix it physically and unlike Lloyd Sam with whom he has been often compared, wrongly in my view, has an eye for goal.

I think he could be a player we may rue releasing at the age of 21. Yes if Bulot and JBG are still with us come August he will probably struggle to start but pace off the bench combined with an eye for goal is always worth having and injuries can strike the best players.

Or save his wages. Get a fee and spend that on a player that will be an asset the coach wants ?

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I suspect that the CAFC player management probably don't see Harriott as a regular first teamer but would like to have him in the squad .. they know what good quality he is capable of, albeit not consistently .. Harriott has probably got the urge to move for the right offer, he is not desperate to do so, he is a home team 'boy' but knows that his opportunities at the Valley are probably limited, in the short term at least
    .. if the right offer both to club and player came along, he would go, the club know his value and will hold out for what they think is a reasonable fee .. Harriott has a good idea of what he wants both in cash and career terms .
    Wigan, as a club is as big as many in the championship, has a decent ground, loyal and knowledgeable fans, is set amongst nice countryside, nice houses are not too expensive and Wigan Athletic has a decent prospect of immediate promotion .. from Harriott's perspective, what's not to like .. except .. It's not his manor, it aint London
  • Options
    there is defo something in his head thats stopping him from being the player he could be.
    The Blackpool game we were alful all over the pitch in the first half but he was probably the worst.I would have pulled him off at half time !! The difference in him after he scored the first goal was incredible--but NO ONE would have bet a shekel that he would have gone on to score 3 after that first half performance.

If you could find out what it is that stops some of these players from progressing into the players that they could be (Lloyd Sam, being another) then youd be a millionaire.

Im sure there is a player in there but doubt we will see it.
  • Options

A bit like young Kevin Lisbie. Been at Charlton a fair while. Divides opinion. But at the end of the day, only had 2 good games v Watford & Blackpool. (Lisbie had one v Liverpool).

Think that's a bit unfair, regarding Lisbie. Liked the side netting and Liverpool was his peak but I'm sure he had more than one good game.
    Name the others then ? :smile:

Ridiculous. Lisbie had plenty of decent games. Asking somebody to name them 10 years later is ridiculous. But off the top of my head, I specifically remember Lisbie having a brilliant game when he scored twice and we beat Spurs 3-1 at our place, he also had a good game when we beat Everton at home once, and was superb against Man City when we did them 4-0. Not sure how good his overall performance in each game was, but he also scored a beauty of a last minute winner at Ipswich, and a last minute winner at Chelsea.

Memory's let you down there CE.
  • Options

A bit like young Kevin Lisbie. Been at Charlton a fair while. Divides opinion. But at the end of the day, only had 2 good games v Watford & Blackpool. (Lisbie had one v Liverpool).

Think that's a bit unfair, regarding Lisbie. Liked the side netting and Liverpool was his peak but I'm sure he had more than one good game.

Ridiculous. Lisbie had plenty of decent games. Asking somebody to name them 10 years later is ridiculous. But off the top of my head, I specifically remember Lisbie having a brilliant game when he scored twice and we beat Spurs 3-1 at our place, he also had a good game when we beat Everton at home once, and was superb against Man City when we did them 4-0. Not sure how good his overall performance in each game was, but he also scored a beauty of a last minute winner at Ipswich, and a last minute winner at Chelsea.

Good memory - I thought he was a decent player. Scored a few goals at the highest level. The two you mentioned at Ipswich and Chelsea were great memories for me.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

TelMc32 said:

Thank God Joe Gomez got out before having a poor spell and being ripped apart by twats who think they are Charlton fans!

CH is still a young lad and obviously a confidence player. He's shown what he can do and we've had enough dross over the years that had nothing to show in the first place.

We can all have an opinion on the player. It's the spite and the bile that's uncalled for.

I honestly wonder what people see when they go to games.He isnt very good at all,partly because he thinks in his own head he is better than what he is.But calling people twats who think they are charlton fans just for voicing there opinion is ridiculous,unless of course your actually harriotts dad and are sticking up for him.
    Wondering whether to respond to you...will come back later after a few pints and decide whether you are actually worth the effort!

As you'll see from my original comment there are a few more likes than your solitary lol, so I'm not alone in my thinking. In the meantime, you bash away at your keyboard!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His problem is consistency. When he's good, he can be really good. When he's bad, he can be awful.

I'd keep him personally. He's done enough to show that he has potential to progress. I think a year loan to Wigan would be brilliant.l for both clubs.
  • Options

Hook, line & sinker :smile:
  • Options
    but we'll never know so what do we do, stop discussing the issue?
  • Options

but we'll never know so what do we do, stop discussing the issue?

Good point well made.
  • Options
    As far as I am aware, the club turned down that particular offer. The prospect of selling him is still very much on if someone matches the price they want. If Wigan have basically offered a metaphorical handful of change then by all means the club should wait for someone to actually meet the fee they want. But even those who are desperate to see him gone would surely agree that if he really is going to go we have the time to make sure it's for the best possible price.

Wigan are apparently still able/willing to chuck a million pounds around for a striker, there's some fairly impressive money for a L1 club. We'd be fools not to try and make the most of it.
  • Options
    I think it has to be fair for both player. If Harriot is not at the top of Luzon's plans reasonable to let him go, as long as club matches our valuation. if he stays, he needs to battle to get himself higher in Luzon's plans.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Agreed the player has talent, but is inconsistent, and I fear he does like to play the 'clown'...... nothing wrong with that as you say the guy is 21. Although acting like this does make you think he is an attention seeker. I feel that on balance he has had his opportunity, and should move on.

Actually all those photos show to me is how f**king awful our outfield kits were last season!
    And the point I was trying to make was that he liked to get attention.......... not that he was a poor footballer, not really sure that is the behaviour to indulge in on a press day, with one of the sponsors, but then I tend to think that last year was an important year for the lad. Yes, he did play out of position, up front in my opinion, but that was big bob's idea I guess. By the way the word 'clown' was a Charlton player's opinion expressed to me at the ground. Good on him that he supported the community work. I will let others comment on the kit, I have already commentated about the UoG logo, so at least we agree on that.
    I'm pretty sure those are pictures that were circulated by the club, so I would imagine they were very happy to see the players involved with the club enjoying themselves during the kit launch. Not quite sure how you can take anything else from that frankly. It's football, we're not starting a new branch of the Samaritans
    Sorry mate have to correct you there........ They are my photographs, taken by myself, at Sparrows lane Training ground, kit launch, last July, and the guy in the suit is one of the sponsors. I stood directly in front of the players, at several locations at the ground.The marketing team from OoG were there, as well as Andrews and others. Same as I took the year before, of Jackson at Andrews headquarters, and this years Red Kit launch day at the Valley shop, which were in fact was on the CAFC on the twitter page last Friday. I interviewed Micheal Morrison, on that day last year, amongst others. I was not the only photographer there, but my photos have been on the trust site several times. ( there is one on the trust site today of the red kit)
    They would be I am the designer of the trust news!.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Thought you quit Ken..

:)

Cant see any pics of the new red kit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2015

Sorry mate have to correct you there........ They are my photographs, taken by myself, at Sparrows lane Training ground, kit launch, last July, and the guy in the suit is one of the sponsors. I stood directly in front of the players, at several locations at the ground.The marketing team from OoG were there, as well as Andrews and others. Same as I took the year before, of Jackson at Andrews headquarters, and this years Red Kit launch day at the Valley shop, which were in fact was on the CAFC on the twitter page last Friday. I interviewed Micheal Morrison, on that day last year, amongst others. I was not the only photographer there, but my photos have been on the trust site several times. ( there is one on the trust site today of the red kit)
    They would be I am the designer of the trust news!.
    Ha, fair enough, I've obviously remembered where they came from wrong
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Redskin said:

I don't think he'll ever be above League One as a player. Not got the football brain to go with some talent I'm afraid.

So what. Prove me wrong Callum. I wish him well. Don't understand the spiteful criticism.

Ignorant little gobshite + opinion + smartphone = spiteful criticism

Greenie Junior in other words.

Best of luck Callum, I hope you do well.

Ahhaha pipe down
  • Options
    razil said:

Thought you quit Ken..

Cant see any pics of the new red kit

Stepping down from the trust as a board member as of the next AGM.
    I still intend designing the trust news, shares etc. ( subject to having a mac, or your wife 'lending me one'!)
    I have stepped down from the museum as a trustee, and hopefully they will redesign the website that myself and John designed for them. Photograph's on the 'members bulletin' of mac in the shop..... The staff at the shop and Ollie in the press office were very helpful, so passed one onto them.

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

cafc4life said:

TelMc32 said:

Thank God Joe Gomez got out before having a poor spell and being ripped apart by twats who think they are Charlton fans!

CH is still a young lad and obviously a confidence player. He's shown what he can do and we've had enough dross over the years that had nothing to show in the first place.

We can all have an opinion on the player. It's the spite and the bile that's uncalled for.

I honestly wonder what people see when they go to games.He isnt very good at all,partly because he thinks in his own head he is better than what he is.But calling people twats who think they are charlton fans just for voicing there opinion is ridiculous,unless of course your actually harriotts dad and are sticking up for him.
    Wondering whether to respond to you...will come back later after a few pints and decide whether you are actually worth the effort!

As you'll see from my original comment there are a few more likes than your solitary lol, so I'm not alone in my thinking. In the meantime, you bash away at your keyboard!!
    Sorry you got more likes than me . You must be right. Please excuse me .
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Redskin said:

I don't think he'll ever be above League One as a player. Not got the football brain to go with some talent I'm afraid.

So what. Prove me wrong Callum. I wish him well. Don't understand the spiteful criticism.

Ignorant little gobshite + opinion + smartphone = spiteful criticism

Greenie Junior in other words.

Best of luck Callum, I hope you do well.

Ahhaha pipe down
    You stay classy Greenie Junior.

Don't know what it is about this thread but it's really bringing out the worst in some people.

• Options
    shirty5 said:

74 games, 28 of those as a sub. 9 goals. His Charlton career so far can be summed up in one performance at Blackpool at the end of the 13/14 season. First half he couldn't control anything that came his way and was playing like most fans up there on that lunchtime kick off felt (Hungover). Second half different player and ends up with a hat trick.

No consistency about his game at this level but if he gets a move to Wigan or elsewhere then he has age on his side to do something about it. All down to him.

Another success for the academy and Valley Gold? Not on the scale of Shelvey and Gomez, more on the scale of Sam and Wagstaff.

Note to @ValleyGary this mate - unprofessional, inconsistent,awful attitude, blocked countless fans on twitter for nothing at all bar a little "pull your socks up son" he's not good enough. Simple. Oh sorry, not allowed to talk to you either, you don't have a season ticket!"
  • Options
    He called himself 'Messi' on Twitter when he was a teenager?? We must find this lazy, big-headed non-team-player and bring him to justice asap.

Ruining our club etc
  • Options
    I definitely 100% believe the fans on twitter sent him nothing more than a little encouragement....

Fuck sake some people are so backward, this is what young people do on Twitter, get over it. If he works hard in the games (which he absolutely does) who gives a fuck if has some friends in the Palace youth team or whatever? Pretty sure its not a new thing its just not as in the open as Twitter makes it.