Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Patrick Bauer has signed! (4 year deal - June 15)

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:

Good luck to him if he does go. Doesn't owe us anything. Leaves just Pearce and Lennon assuming Konsa goes.

And Sarr
    Imagine having a pairing of Sarr and Lennon. Absolute horror show.
    What, the two who shut out the league winners at their own place?
    Yes those 2 - the ones who had an absolute nightmare in the very next game against.........Gillingham.
  • Options
    Morgan Fox at Southend, when he was boo'd for other players mistakes...

• Options
    He has a point Llera at Colchester , he looks a bit swarthy
  • Options

Morgan Fox at Southend, when he was boo'd for other players mistakes...

People say football fans are fickle, but to be fair, those fans that day had a point to prove, that they didn't like Morgan Fox, and they stuck to it, facts be damned!
  • Options

I know that Patrick wants to stay with us but there have been no discussions over his contract nor does he feel there is anyone that he can discuss his current one with either.
    Get the feeling he wont be with us next season- playing elsewhere in England.

But his contract has a further year to run, so he will be, unless we sell him.
    yes, but most 'normal' clubs start to renegotiate with their 1 year-left players in order that the player himself doesnt run down the clock and go on a free, Patrick himself has said that noone has opened negotiations with him or his agent, nor is there anyone at the club who can be asked the same question. He thinks he may well be at another club next season, presumably sold.
    I don't mean to be argumentative, but if there's no one to negotiate a new contract, there's no one to negotiate him being sold either.

Yes of course it would be prudent to get the ball rolling, but your initial comment was you felt he wouldn't be with us next season, when he is contracted to be. Let's hope the takeover happens soon and these matters are attended to.
    Not hard to be argumentative when having an exchange with The President.
  • Options

Good luck to him if he does go. Doesn't owe us anything. Leaves just Pearce and Lennon assuming Konsa goes.

And Sarr
    I heard squirrel face wants to sign him for Wednesday.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Two flags already! We don't half have some snowflakes on here.

Sarr is the only Charlton player I can recall being booed by his own fans. At least, for mistakes - maybe there have been a couple called out for lack of effort. But singling out Sarr, a man who gives everything? When he wasn't directly at fault for either goal we conceded? Yeah it still rankles with me

What about Kim Grant ? Err hang on I'd better think of another.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

LenGlover said:

Leuth said:

Sarr is the only Charlton player I can recall being booed by his own fans. At least, for mistakes - maybe there have been a couple called out for lack of effort. But singling out Sarr, a man who gives everything? When he wasn't directly at fault for either goal we conceded? Yeah it still rankles with me

Kishishev, Lisbie in the Premership days, Simon Francis more recently, Harry Gregory way back when.

There've been plenty over the years.
    Morgan Fox.

But the Naby Sarr song was disgusting and had undertones of prejudice.
    Undertones of prejudice. How do you work that one out?
  • Options

I know that Patrick wants to stay with us but there have been no discussions over his contract nor does he feel there is anyone that he can discuss his current one with either.
    Get the feeling he wont be with us next season- playing elsewhere in England.

But his contract has a further year to run, so he will be, unless we sell him.
    yes, but most 'normal' clubs start to renegotiate with their 1 year-left players in order that the player himself doesnt run down the clock and go on a free, Patrick himself has said that noone has opened negotiations with him or his agent, nor is there anyone at the club who can be asked the same question. He thinks he may well be at another club next season, presumably sold.
    I don't mean to be argumentative, but if there's no one to negotiate a new contract, there's no one to negotiate him being sold either.

Yes of course it would be prudent to get the ball rolling, but your initial comment was you felt he wouldn't be with us next season, when he is contracted to be. Let's hope the takeover happens soon and these matters are attended to.
    Not hard to be argumentative when having an exchange with The President.
    Looks like The _ President may have called it right about Bauer leaving. Fair play.
  • Options

And Sarr
    Really?
  • Options

SDAddick said:

LenGlover said:

Leuth said:

Kishishev, Lisbie in the Premership days, Simon Francis more recently, Harry Gregory way back when.

Morgan Fox.

Assuming SDA is talking about the "When she's shagging Roland" song perhaps he doesn't know it was adapted from Eddie Yours. It also rhymes.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Selective memory so able to play an irrrelevant race card. Very strange.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Peter Shaw and that chant was the worst I'd ever heard down the Valley.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Peter Shaw and that chant was the worst I'd ever heard down the Valley.
    Shouting "off, off, off" to the ref when he went to book Lawrie Madden.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    SDAddick said:

LenGlover said:

Leuth said:

Morgan Fox.

Or... Sarr was shocking at the time, was the perfect example of a failed Roland signing, and his name rhymes with wonderbra.
  • Options

Honestly providing he’s replaced I don’t think I’ll miss him much, had good games and bad both in the championship and league 1 but I still think he’s far too inconsistent. We’ll be better off with Pearce and someone else.

And therein lies the problem!

Can't see how a league one club who (unless they're taken over) will spend fuck all, will find any better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think it was more his ties to the regime rather than his race which caused the booing.

People were ready to jump on Sarr because he was another one of those 'Belgium/foreign transfers'.

Of course it was.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

LenGlover said:

Leuth said:

Morgan Fox.

Assuming SDA is talking about the "When she's shagging Roland" song perhaps he doesn't know it was adapted from Eddie Yours. It also rhymes.
    Yeah, that was in the days when Charlton had 2,000 racist black fans abusing Eddie Youds.
    Oh no it wasn't sorry I just slipped into Leuth talk.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Even if Konsa goes, Pearce, Sarr and one other are good enough for this league. Our problem is scoring goals, not letting them in. Bauer is obviously our best defender so will have to be replaced, but I'd hope we could find someone appropriate

Bit Racist if we let Kin
    JamesSeed said:

And Sarr
    Really?
    She nose a good player when she sees one. You can always rely on her to be sniffing about.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

And Sarr
    Really?
    Hard not to blame him, rumours she's offered him a 35 year deal and 40k a week. .;)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

JamesSeed said:

And Sarr
    Really?
    Hard not to blame him, rumours she's offered him a 35 year deal and 40k a week. .;)
    Would he take a pay cut like that?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Can’t imagine the club wanting, or needing to sell Bauer.

I expect it's more a case of the player wanting to leave and play in the Championship rather than us wanting him out.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

LenGlover said:

Leuth said:

Morgan Fox.

Only towards Katrien in my view
  • Options
    Sarr was ok to start off with in the championship, then lost confidence and looked absolutely terrible. Really really bad. And got booed for being effing awful, bambi on ice looked more under control.

Has looked pretty bad at his loan clubs but looked ok this season for us I thought.

Very expensive sounding though. For £16k a week I’d hope for a lot more.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I think Patrick Bauer is a really good center back and that we'd struggle to replace him with someone of equal quality. He's one of the players a new ownership and executive team and manager will need to convince to stay.