Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Patrick Bauer has signed! (4 year deal - June 15)

Comments

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Davo55 said:

If Bauer plays and Tex goes, who partners him? Pearce steady. Konsa great potential.

Pearce is first choice, it's who plays alongside him
    Really? I would place Pearce behind Bauer and Tex in the pecking order, then Konsa with RelRog a long way behind.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Redhenry said:

Davo55 said:

If Bauer plays and Tex goes, who partners him? Pearce steady. Konsa great potential.

Pearce is first choice, it's who plays alongside him
    Really? I would place Pearce behind Bauer and Tex in the pecking order, then Konsa with RelRog a long way behind.
    Tex has gone in my mind - I don't even think of him as an option at the moment. Either way we would have too many CBs - would happily swap Tex if it meant getting in a couple of good midfielders.
  • Options
    I'd consider him gone as well, especially as his agent came out and said he'd had quite a few offers. When is Texeira supposedly ready to return anyway?
  • Options

All 3 at the back, Sally and Fox wing backs. Crofts & Jackson/Foley sitting, Holmes with freedom and JM up to with Ajose.

That way there should still be room for Johnson on the bench

Aunt Sally?

• Options
    Still put her in front of rojo
  • Options

Really hope Patrick stays

He seems a great bloke on and off the field and is going from strength to strength

We need this take over sorted asap and the manager's position filled (hopefully with Bowyer), otherwise we might be at risk of losing quite a few of our players who look for a club with more stability.
  • Options
    He’s had an excellent season, will he be with us next season?

Only one year left of his contract
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He seems a great bloke on and off the field and is going from strength to strength

We need this take over sorted asap and the manager's position filled (hopefully with Bowyer), otherwise we might be at risk of losing quite a few of our players who look for a club with more stability.
    He's under Contract though, who do the rival clubs talk to if they want to sign him?
  • Options

He's under Contract though, who do the rival clubs talk to if they want to sign him?
    You know as well as I do that a lot of talking is done behind the scenes and the players club is usually the last one to be approached, despite the fact the rules are meant to prevent this. We managed to sell Ricky Holmes when we had no CEO, so clearly it's not that difficult to sort out.
  • Options
    Really hope he signs an extension, him and Pearce are a top partnership at this level. Not so bothered about Konsa tbh, if we can sell him and fund a decent squad like we did with Jenkinson I am all for it.
  • Options
    I hope we keep him and Pearcey - great partnership.
  • Options
    Big fan of Bauer. He just needs to work on his concentration when runners are coming into the box as we've conceded too many goals where teams get the ball wide during an overload and men aren't picked up. I always feel more secure with him in the team and he's only 25 so hopefully we can keep him for the next few years. Definitely capable of performing in the Championship
  • Options

Big fan of Bauer. He just needs to work on his concentration when runners are coming into the box as we've conceded too many goals where teams get the ball wide during an overload and men aren't picked up. I always feel more secure with him in the team and he's only 25 so hopefully we can keep him for the next few years. Definitely capable of performing in the Championship

I think the transfer deals in the next couple of months will be key to whether he’ll sign an extension, he won’t want another season of struggling to reach the playoffs
  • Options

Having watched the last three games on TV (perhaps not the best games to judge us on) but where were the midfielders coming back with those runners or for that matter supporting our forwards.
  • Options

Having watched the last three games on TV (perhaps not the best games to judge us on) but where were the midfielders coming back with those runners or for that matter supporting our forwards.
    Yes, we desperately lacked defensive cover in midfield, JFC was overrun
  • Options
    If we keep Bauer and Pearce then I don't think there will be many better partnerships in League 1 next season. Need a new RB desperately though and a decent LB because we can't rely on Page trying to play 30+ games.
  • Options

Nowhere to be seen. I don't rate a diamond as a long term strategy to be honest. It works as a short term solution when teams aren't expecting it (even Karel pissing Fraeye won a game with it) but it's so easy for teams to exploit once they know to plan for it. So many gaps form out wide or centrally if teams start to drag your players around and Shrews were very, very good at denying space in the final third and then counter attacking off a clearance and a quick flick on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nowhere to be seen. I don't rate a diamond as a long term strategy to be honest. It works as a short term solution when teams aren't expecting it (even Karel pissing Fraeye won a game with it) but it's so easy for teams to exploit once they know to plan for it. So many gaps form out wide or centrally if teams start to drag your players around and Shrews were very, very good at denying space in the final third and then counter attacking off a clearance and a quick flick on.
    agreed, but I think the diamond became a bit of a necessity when our wingers were an unfit Fosu, an ineffective Marshall, absolutely shite in Kaikai and Mavididi the grass eater.
  • Options

Yes, we desperately lacked defensive cover in midfield, JFC was overrun
    it was jfc who was tracking back and supposed to be marking their goalscorer yesterday.
  • Options
    JFC and Kashi looked shattered second half Thursday, and JFC didn't look that much more energetic yesterday. Got round the pitch ok, but not as sharp as he was and the team were generally sloppy both legs. Comes down to a squad that is too small to last deep into May. We all knew it at the start of the season, and Roland never made the funds available to fix it. End result is getting beaten by a fitter/stronger team.
  • Options

JFC and Kashi looked shattered second half Thursday, and JFC didn't look that much more energetic yesterday. Got round the pitch ok, but not as sharp as he was and the team were generally sloppy both legs. Comes down to a squad that is too small to last deep into May. We all knew it at the start of the season, and Roland never made the funds available to fix it. End result is getting beaten by a fitter/stronger team.

If you're tired physically then that affects you mentally. It could explain a lot of the semi-final performances, including (some of) the wayward passing, especially yesterday.
  • Options

Easy to blame Roland for everything but I disagree that our squad itself was small, it's just that we lacked quality so we relied on the same few players too heavily.
  • Options
    Really rate Paddy but don't know why he's held back with driving forward like he did when he first joined. Especially playing with one less in midfield, I feel it's needed to drag people out. He actually done it once yesterday and if Fosu had played a better ball then he may have actually been in.
  • Options
    He’s certainly one we would want to hold onto.
  • Options

Easy to blame Roland for everything but I disagree that our squad itself was small, it's just that we lacked quality so we relied on the same few players too heavily.
    Squad is massively unbalanced in so many ways. Same as every season under Duchatelet.

agreed, and I expect nothing under Roland, one of many reasons he needs to fuck off. But we had enough players in the squad, and were definitely unlucky with injuries, it was quality/balance rather than quantity though
  • Options

Squad is massively unbalanced in so many ways. Same as every season under Duchatelet.

agreed, and I expect nothing under Roland, one of many reasons he needs to fuck off. But we had enough players in the squad, and were definitely unlucky with injuries, it was quality/balance rather than quantity though
    Robbo had plenty of "attacking" midfielders for his 4-2-3-1 formation but only one who was disciplined enough for the pivotal CHF position in the middle of the 3: Billy Clarke. When Clarko got injured there was no like-for-like back-up, just round pegs for square holes.

A sensible manager would have amended the formation to suit the personnel available so that everyone was playing to their strengths - Robbo was unable/unwilling to do that, Lord Bowyer did it immediately and played variations of 4-4-2 for the rest of the season.