Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Patrick Bauer has signed! (4 year deal - June 15)

Comments

• Options

shirty5 said:

colin1961 said:

His frustration at a ref who wanted to send someone off ... Patrick a class act but fell for the old trick from the centre forward he will learn ......
    Patrick one of the best centre backs we had at this club myself make him captain

Sadly his two bookings were deserved and rightly given. If a Reading defender had committed the same 2 challenges i would expect the ref to show him the red card.
    I didnt get to see the two yellow card fouls but were they just stupid from Bauer or were they professional fouls where if Bauer hadnt made them, they could have resulted in goals for Reading? (i.e. Shaun Bartlett @ Spurs)
    second one yes, first was on half way line
    Cheers... Did he make many other fouls, i.e. were there case when he got warnings or was it one of these refs who wants to get the cards quicker than Christmas?
  • Options

Met the BFG in Asda earlier, he said he's fit and ready to play on Saturday. Asked him if he thought we'd go up this season, he said 'we'll see'. Nice bloke, seriously tall.

Come on you Addicks!

Was his trolley full of beer and pies?
  • Options
    If he is on the bench, can someone throw some ex lax in RoJos pre match pasta? Bauer and Pearce please.
  • Options

Met the BFG in Asda earlier, he said he's fit and ready to play on Saturday. Asked him if he thought we'd go up this season, he said 'we'll see'. Nice bloke, seriously tall.

Come on you Addicks!

Was his trolley full of beer and pies?
    Yes, doing slades shopping as slade has been too busy today
  • Options
    I'd actually say that's a typical German response...They are usually better doing there talking on the pitch. When I see him at at half time against QPR last season I thought the same thing though. mountain of a man.
  • Options
    Bauer is probably the best player left in our squad, looky has huge potential but IMO BFG is a really classy player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    He earns thousands of pounds a week and shops in Asda? Bet he gets on well with Roland ;)
  • Options

Come on you Addicks!

Shopping in ASDA!! Has the man no loyalty?? He should be shopping in Aldi ....
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Come on you Addicks!

Shopping in ASDA!! Has the man no loyalty?? He should be shopping in Aldi ....
    Lidl even.
  • Options
    Poor bloke can't go 24 hours without someone harassing him!
  • Options
    What is @Mendonca In Asdas going to do?
  • Options

Well actually I need to go to sainsburys to take back a smoking hedge trimmer!
  • Options

Well actually I need to go to sainsburys to take back a smoking hedge trimmer!
    Hope it's not overheating from trimming the wife's bush at the front.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Genuinely think his injury might be a blessing in disguise if he stays past the transfer deadline. He goes straight into the majority of Championship defences and will be a giant in League One.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Bauer plays and Tex goes, who partners him? Pearce steady. Konsa great potential.
  • Options
    Pearce definitely. He hasn't left the championship to sit on the bench in league one.

Lennon still to return as well. Once he and Diarra (who can cover at CB) both come back then i can see Konsa getting loaned out for more experience.

• Options
    And RoJo will be well away from the first team.

Once Lennon and Diarra are back, I imagine Konsa will be back up to Solly at right back. Similar to the Joe Gomez role.

That frees up the right back up cover to January where we can find a more creative replacement for Foley.
  • Options
    Konsa will have a dip in form at some stage, but at the moment he's getting better every time he plays, so it's a tough call whether either Pearce or Konsa should be dropped for Bauer.

At least it makes a pleasant change having too many players in a position for once! (Until RD sells 2 of them next week)
  • Options
    I would go with Pearce mainly. But I suspect the regime will continue to play Konsa to pave the way for another lucrative sale at the end of the season.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

I would go with Pearce mainly. But I suspect the regime will continue to play Konsa to pave the way for another lucrative sale at Christmas.

Corrected it for you.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

If Bauer plays and Tex goes, who partners him? Pearce steady. Konsa great potential.

Pearce is first choice, it's who plays alongside him
  • Options
    Imo it should be Bauer and Pearce, they need to get their understanding up and running asap, more than happy to see Konsa go out on loan if he is going to play every week
  • Options
    All 3 at the back, Sally and Fox wing backs. Crofts & Jackson/Foley sitting, Holmes with freedom and JM up to with Ajose.

That way there should still be room for Johnson on the bench
  • Options
    If Slade has any sense he won't play Baur from the start of any match until the transfer deadline has passed.

Same may be said of Looky.