Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA arrests- bribery allegations (ed Blatter to resign)

Comments

• Soccerfootball (all one word)
  • Vicarious liability:

Liability that a supervisory party (such as an employer) bears for the actionable conduct of a subordinate or associate (such as an employee) based on the relationship between the two parties.

In cases of vicarious liability, one person is held liable for the criminal actions of another. Because vicarious liability crimes are a species of liability without fault, this transfer of criminal liability occurs regardless of whether either of the defendants were aware they were committing a crime.

• Sepp, how about watching some of the people all of the time, or all of the people some of the time? You never know you might have a clue what the fook is going on in your organisation.
  • He's footballs equivilant of a nasty and obstructive clingon ain't he?
  • edited May 2015
    Thankfully for Sepp he has Manuel Lopes Nascimento from the Guinea-Bissau football federation giving him full support. Unfortunately there are scores of minor federations like this that believe Blatter can do no wrong and the odious little crook will no doubt be elected again.

FIFA and Blatter went beyond parody a long time ago but nice to see some potential jail time for these crooks. Just hoping a few more heads roll
  • He's footballs equivilant of a nasty and obstructive clingon ain't he?

Was he a tncu an all then?
  • Thankfully for Sepp he has Manuel Lopes Nascimento from the Guinea-Bissau football federation giving him full support. Unfortunately there are scores of minor federations like this that believe Blatter can do no wrong and the odious little crook will no doubt be elected again.

FIFA and Blatter went beyond parody a long time ago but nice to see some potential jail time for these crooks. Just hoping a few more heads roll

But if the large European & North American associations withdrew from FIFA and took their money with them I doubt the likes of Guinea-Bissau will be able to pick up the tab. I think the FA have more power than they think, and I'd imagine the Germans, French, Scandanavians and Americans are like minded.
  • boycott the sponsors ....that will cripple fifa .........look how quick T Cook down an about turn
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2015
    We just have to be resigned to the fact that Blatter WILL remain Fifa President until he drops dead.
  • If Russia loses the 2018 World Cup there'll be a spate of high ranking FIFA executives dropping dead in mysterious circumstances.
  • If Russia loses the 2018 World Cup there'll be a spate of high ranking FIFA executives dropping dead in mysterious circumstances.

What, like poisoned tip brollies up arse over Waterloo Bridge?
  • edited May 2015
    brogib said:

If Russia loses the 2018 World Cup there'll be a spate of high ranking FIFA executives dropping dead in mysterious circumstances.

What, like poisoned tip brollies up arse over Waterloo Bridge?
    There's a song title in there somewhere...
  • FIFA the musical

I can see it now
  • Where's @Callumcafc when you need him. He knows how to embed a tweet so that those of us who are not allowed Twitter at work can read what you guys are posting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bomb threat at FIFA congress
  • Ta. I went and looked at it on my phone.
  • Richard Branson making his pitch to be the next FIFA President..?

http://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/why-its-time-for-fifa-to-reinvent-itself
  • Bomb threat at FIFA congress

Makes a change from a bung.
  • "Ladies, gentlemen, delegates. Please leave your bundles of cash and walk quickly to the nearest exit..."
  • Chizz said:

Richard Branson making his pitch to be the next FIFA President..?

Strong comment from Richrd Branson..........
    I also hope that FIFA’s sponsors will reconsider their commitments beyond the typical statements of concern we are seeing today. Sponsorship money has played a major role in enabling and sustaining this corrupt system for decades, it seems. I couldn’t think of a greater risk to any brand than being described as complicit in what really looks like organised crime.
    I also heard that Barclays and HSBC, were reported to be getting dragged into this......, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/fifa/11637120/Fifa-bribes-scandal-Police-probe-the-British-connection.html
  • Chizz said:

Richard Branson making his pitch to be the next FIFA President..?

Strong comment from Richrd Branson..........
    I also hope that FIFA’s sponsors will reconsider their commitments beyond the typical statements of concern we are seeing today. Sponsorship money has played a major role in enabling and sustaining this corrupt system for decades, it seems. I couldn’t think of a greater risk to any brand than being described as complicit in what really looks like organised crime.
    I also heard that Barclays and HSBC, were reported to be getting dragged into this......, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/fifa/11637120/Fifa-bribes-scandal-Police-probe-the-British-connection.html
    Perhaps he could use it as another tax saving thing.
  • Gone to a second round
  • 133 to 73. Not sure what a 2nd round will achieve???

What a disgrace he's even got that many. Boycott now.