Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA arrests- bribery allegations (ed Blatter to resign)

Comments

• Options
    I aim to please! Haha
  • Options

How long until Sepp is diagnosed with Alzheimer's?

Thats a disgraceful slur on the Alzheimistan FA and their chief executive Crown Prince Ali Bungo!!!
  • Options
    I aim to please! Haha
  • Options
    If I post this will it appear three times.
  • Options
    Sepp fucks off and the world is already three times better!
  • Options
    I thought the site playing up meant that it was posting your own post several times...not someone else's a few hours later!!! :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Fanfookintastic!

Let's see if the G-Men can find your mandate Sepp whilst probing your back passage with leather truncheons (Note to me, stop googling the internet...)
  • Options
    Frankly, the biggest shock in this whole saga is just how old and haggard David Ginola looks. It's only a few years ago that he was football's poster boy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At least one punter out there speculating that the sponsors put the pressure on for him to step down or risk losing the goodwill of major money corporations. All rumours, but interesting ones.
    I just hope the FBI keep the screws turning on him and his minions.
  • Options
    At least one punter out there speculating that the sponsors put the pressure on for him to step down or risk losing the goodwill of major money corporations. All rumours, but interesting ones.
    I just hope the FBI keep the screws turning on him and his minions.
  • Options
    Where does it stop tho.. Could be a seriously fooked organisation
  • Options

A monumental victory for football democracy common-sense Coca-Cola and Visa
  • Options

A monumental victory for football democracy common-sense Coca-Cola and Visa
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    not going for six months .. plenty of time to cover his tracks and anoint a successor
  • Options
    He's fucked. He knows he's caught up in the corruption. I can only guess but when you've got that many people involved they'll all start to turn informants on one another in the hope they get some leniency. If they're the type of individuals to engage in corrupt activities in the first place you can bet they're the type to turn on one another when the writing's on the wall.

I just hope the FBI/authorities keep going at Blatter and hound him till he dies. I don't wish any physical harm on him but I would love for him to see out his life in a prison cell (never going to happen I know).

The thought of him being constantly dogged by investigations, interviews and the prospect of punishment is a good feeling. Most people of his age should be looking forward to retirement and living out the rest of their lives in peace. He's only just beginning a journey that I think could end very badly for him. I'm going to enjoy every minute.

On a side note, I can't believe how much anti British rhetoric this whole saga has uncovered. I knew people didn't like us, but to hear some of the comments from Jerome Champagne, some of the others views on Britain from within UEFA (we're too meddling etc), they hate us.

This has never been sour grapes about losing a WC bid. This is simply about cleaning up the scum that has ruled world football
  • Options
    http://www.interpol.int/News-and-media/News/2015/N2015-071

INTERPOL issues Red Notices for former FIFA officials and executives wanted by US authorities

LYON, France – At the request of US authorities, INTERPOL Red Notices – or international wanted persons alerts – have been issued for two former FIFA officials and four corporate executives for charges including racketeering conspiracy and corruption.

The Red Notices have been issued for;

Jack Warner, Trinidad & Tobago national, former FIFA vice president and executive committee member, CONCACAF president, CFU president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) special adviser.

Nicolás Leoz, Paraguayan national, former FIFA executive committee member and CONMEBOL president.

Alejandro Burzaco, Argentine national, controlling principal of Torneos y Competencias S.A., a sports marketing business based in Argentina, and its affiliates.

Hugo Jinkis and Mariano Jinkis, Argentine nationals, controlling principals of Full Play Group S.A., a sports marketing business based in Argentina, and its affiliates.

José Margulies (also known as José Lazaro), Brazilian national, controlling principal of Valente Corp. and Somerton Ltd., broadcasting businesses.

Red Notices are one of the ways in which INTERPOL informs its member countries that an arrest warrant has been issued for an individual by a judicial authority and seeks the location and arrest of wanted persons with a view to extradition or similar lawful action.

The individuals concerned are wanted by national jurisdictions and INTERPOL’s role is to assist national police forces in identifying or locating those individuals with a view to their arrest and extradition.

A Red Notice is not an international arrest warrant, and INTERPOL cannot compel any member country to arrest the subject of a Red Notice.

INTERPOL’s General Secretariat does not send officers to arrest individuals who are the subject of a Red Notice. Only the law enforcement authorities of the INTERPOL member country where the individual is located have the legal authority to make an arrest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2015
    cabbles said:

He's fucked. He knows he's caught up in the corruption. I can only guess but when you've got that many people involved they'll all start to turn informants on one another in the hope they get some leniency. If they're the type of individuals to engage in corrupt activities in the first place you can bet they're the type to turn on one another when the writing's on the wall.

I just hope the FBI/authorities keep going at Blatter and hound him till he dies. I don't wish any physical harm on him but I would love for him to see out his life in a prison cell (never going to happen I know).

The thought of him being constantly dogged by investigations, interviews and the prospect of punishment is a good feeling. Most people of his age should be looking forward to retirement and living out the rest of their lives in peace. He's only just beginning a journey that I think could end very badly for him. I'm going to enjoy every minute.

On a side note, I can't believe how much anti British rhetoric this whole saga has uncovered. I knew people didn't like us, but to hear some of the comments from Jerome Champagne, some of the others views on Britain from within UEFA (we're too meddling etc), they hate us.

This has never been sour grapes about losing a WC bid. This is simply about cleaning up the scum that has ruled world football

Whilst I don't disagree with you that Blatter and his cronies should get what's coming to them, I feel that some perspective needs to be applied to this situation.

In the 17 years he's been President of FIFA the game has grown immensely globally, significantly more money has been used to support the development of third world football, FIFA's income has skyrocketed, and Africa has hosted a World Cup (nobody was against SA hosting irrespective of any bungs), and maybe, just maybe, the USA have crossed the Rubicon to real acceptance of the global game.

I believe Blatter is a prime example of the old saying 'power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely'.

I repeat, I am no apologist for Blatter - I think he is a detestable man who deserves what he gets, but FIFA hasn't damaged the actual game - on the contrary it is healthier and more popular across the globe than ever.
  • Options
    Have to admit I'm really surprised that South Africa are the country that have been involved in this bribe... Following on from the 2006 World Cup voting (where Germany beat South Africa, which in its own right was under dubious conditions), I always presumed that it was without doubt that not only the next World Cup would be held in Africa but also in South Africa after they were let down
  • Options
    @bobmunro I don't disagree with you that FIFA has supported the game and encouraged its' development across many more nations. I also agree that the time was right for the Saffers to host a World Cup - they pulled off a great spectacle...bar those freakin' vuvuzelas!!!

But...think how much more could have been done without vast sums of money being siphoned off globally by Blatter and his cronies both within and without his organisation and how disgusting it has been seeing them trumpet the word "Respect" across the globe when doing so (let alone Blatter's own ability to make Prince Philip look like a model diplomat!!!)
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

@bobmunro I don't disagree with you that FIFA has supported the game and encouraged its' development across many more nations. I also agree that the time was right for the Saffers to host a World Cup - they pulled off a great spectacle...bar those freakin' vuvuzelas!!!

But...think how much more could have been done without vast sums of money being siphoned off globally by Blatter and his cronies both within and without his organisation and how disgusting it has been seeing them trumpet the word "Respect" across the globe when doing so (let alone Blatter's own ability to make Prince Philip look like a model diplomat!!!)

Fully agree - was just trying to apply a bit of balance.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

cabbles said:

Whilst I don't disagree with you that Blatter and his cronies should get what's coming to them, I feel that some perspective needs to be applied to this situation.

In the 17 years he's been President of FIFA the game has grown immensely globally, significantly more money has been used to support the development of third world football, FIFA's income has skyrocketed, and Africa has hosted a World Cup (nobody was against SA hosting irrespective of any bungs), and maybe, just maybe, the USA have crossed the Rubicon to real acceptance of the global game.

I believe Blatter is a prime example of the old saying 'power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely'.

I repeat, I am no apologist for Blatter - I think he is a detestable man who deserves what he gets, but FIFA hasn't damaged the actual game - on the contrary it is healthier and more popular across the globe than ever.
    To be fair it was very important that continents like Africa and Asia have benefited from increased funding and access to the game. It is just the uncertainty of not knowing how that's all come about. I worry that for every penny that went into grass roots/3rd world football, someone else somewhere got paid money that should've also been used. I hope that we'll find out how bad/deep it was in the coming years.

I don't mean to be overtly harsh about what I would like to see happen to Blatter, I just hope they don't let up given his age etc. He's been at the centre of this for a long time, and I genuinely cannot believe he has been involved at some level.

To be so adamant that he had nothing to do with it on Friday and announce he was going to clean up FIFA to standing down yesterday just screams guilty.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

It would be a little naïve to believe we are squeaky clean, we are not.
    Our FA has tried and failed to influence others around the world with favours of friendlies,coaching and funding.
    Clearly there others that are better at it than us.
  • Options
    I don't think Blatter will be charged with anything, he knew that his position was untenable after all of the recent revelations but his ego wanted to win another election (which he knew he would).

I actually think in his own head he thinks he's done nothing wrong and if anything, he believes he is putting football first by stepping down.
  • Options
    Surely it's whether the U.S. authorities think he has done anything wrong that is important?

They can be pretty ruthless when dealing with financial irregularities within their jurisdiction.
  • Options

Surely it's whether the U.S. authorities think he has done anything wrong that is important?

They can be pretty ruthless when dealing with financial irregularities within their jurisdiction.

Basically, if fraud/bribery/corruption has been committed using the US Dollar as a medium of exchange, then the US Treasury and Department of Justice get on the case .. one does not really want the FBI or the Secret Service looking into ones particulars, just look what happened to that nice Al Capone ((:>)
  • Options
    Praise the Lord!

But has he resigned after the election just to stop Prince Ali being elected, so that he can groom his successor?