Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea - Abramovich sanctioned (p9)

Comments

• Options
    might be old news .. a Chelsea fan on the LBC breakfast show this a.m. said Abramovic does not own Stamford Bridge, the ground is owned by a separate Chelsea plc which rents the Bridge to the football club ..  oh that CAFC  had the same arrangement
     think I'm right in saying, supporters own the pitch or at least the used to. It was to stop property speculators building should they go under, back in the day of Ken Bates.
    https://www.chelseafc.com/en/supporters-clubs/news/learn-about-chelsea-pitch-owners
  • Options
    He has put Chelski up for sale. 3 billion.  I thought  sanctions prevented this . He allegedly has an American  buyer.  
    So much for Bide and Bozo's strong talk.
    Abramovitch not (yet) subject to sanctions despite calls by Starmer and others (quite rightly so).  Be interesting to know how many Tory doners are Russians or have links to Russian companies...
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/chelseafc/status/1499085708820160514?s=21

Puts a whole new perspective on this. Net proceeds to be donated to the victims of the war in Ukraine and the rebuild afterwards. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Abramovich is selling Chelsea.
    Sale proceeds to go to victims of the war in Ukraine.
    £1.5B of loans he made to Chelsea not to be repaid.
  • Options
    Will he come out and criticise Putin for his actions, I bet he won't go that far. Still need to freeze any other assets he holds in the UK., before he sells them. 
  • Options
    I'll give him a pound then shut the shit cnuts down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will he come out and criticise Putin for his actions, I bet he won't go that far. Still need to freeze any other assets he holds in the UK., before he sells them. 
    To be fair, he hasn't stopped his daughter, Sofia, from being extremely vociferous in her condemnation of the invasion. He has also stated that he wants to broker a deal with Putin. If he truly still has his ear then he might still be an asset in stopping the atrocities.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Abramovich is selling Chelsea.
    Sale proceeds to go to victims of the war in Ukraine.
    £1.5B of loans he made to Chelsea not to be repaid.
    Has anyone ever heard of reputation management before? 

The fact he can wipe £3bn off his net worth just points to how disgustingly wealthy he is. 

He's just future proofing his future UK investments, or safeguarding the ones he already has. 

"
    Moreover, I have instructed my team to set up a charitable foundation where all net proceeds from the sale will be donated." - He's not donating the money to charity, he's letting his own foundation help out with the rebuilding of Ukraine after the war. Anyone that knows anything about countries rebuilding after wars means that Roman is putting his tentacles all over Ukraine no matter who comes out on top. 
  • Options
    Never realised how young Roman was when he purchased Chelsea in the first place.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Southall got a boner on hearing the news
  • Options
    How are we not freezing the assets of all Russians in this country with known links to the Kremlin? It is despicable that this is not being done and giving them time to move their assets is madness. There are Russians with assets in this country who are being sanctioned in other countries, we must ask why the same isn't being done here.
    The ones not getting their assets frozen are probably Conservative Party donors, I suspect. 
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Puts a whole new perspective on this. Net proceeds to be donated to the victims of the war in Ukraine and the rebuild afterwards. 
    The cynic in me thinks he has not said which victims.  Russian soldiers have already died and more will.  They are victims too....
    I’m sorry I don’t feel sorry for a single Russian soldier in the slightest, maybe I will one day. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:

The cynic in me thinks he has not said which victims.  Russian soldiers have already died and more will.  They are victims too....
    Bingo!
  • Options
    He'll probably end up owning Maccabi Tel Aviv before the years out.
  • Options
    Getting a bit fed up with the Abramovic love fest on Social Media. 

If he's such a good guy, why is he so scared of being sanctioned & having the source of his wealth looked into????

I have my doubts about where his wealth actually came from
  • Options
    What does just wiping £1.5 billion of debt do to financial fair play?
  • Options
    Glad he’s selling now sanction the hell out of him
  • Options
    Highlights exactly what Chelsea’s success has been funded by, sickening. 
  • Options
    Because the government has a lot of Russian donors