Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea - Abramovich sanctioned (p9)

Comments

• Options
    I think this decision has been on the cards for a while , Roman was a bit ostracized by the British government a while back I think, this is the final nail in the coffin, how sustainable Chelsea are going forward I don’t know, we could always try buying Mason back for a fiver….
  • Options
    I’m fairly confident that MI6 know exactly what ties Abramovich has with Putin and The Kremlin.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Shut the russian chavs down.

Even better, sell the players at a pittance and donate the funds to Ukraine.
    I think you mean sell the players for the going rate and donate the funds to Ukraine.
  • Options
    Interesting, Trump was in debt to some major Chinese financial institutions and managed to get enough money to win an election. The Conservatives have been backed by the Russians, Trump threatened the political system in America with the storming of the Senet, The Conservatives have disrupted the EU by promoting and installing Brexit. While we are in chaos and looking the other way Putin strikes, what money now would be put on China invading Taiwan. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like as a Putin supporter and hardliner, Mr Obramavich, should be invited to leave the UK… ASAP. 

• Options
    edited February 2022

The situation in Ukraine is horrific and devastating. Chelsea FC’s thoughts are with everyone in Ukraine. Everyone at the club is praying for peace.

There's a country completely absent from this statement. I wonder why....

The word 'situation' is deliberately vague also. 
  • Options
    Meaningless statement and gesture by Chelsea. Abramovich is still the owner. He has not even condemned Putin. In saying that he is doing best for Chelsea, this isn't the case because, if it were, he would sell the Club to the trust for £1.  
    The trust doesn’t have funds enough to sustain Chelsea Football Club. Without Abramovich it really does crash and burn, or at least ceases to be the footballing power it has become. Abramovich cannot simply transfer monies to the trust. If his assets are frozen it would simply be seen as a way of preserving some of his capital. 
  • Options
    Meaningless statement and gesture by Chelsea. Abramovich is still the owner. He has not even condemned Putin. In saying that he is doing best for Chelsea, this isn't the case because, if it were, he would sell the Club to the trust for £1.  
    Sky news said in their article "Abramovich will remain as Chelsea's owner but will not be involved in any decision making at the club".

And if you believe that you'll believe anything.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sky news said in their article "Abramovich will remain as Chelsea's owner but will not be involved in any decision making at the club".

And if you believe that you'll believe anything.
    It's a bit like his mate Putin telling the world and its mother that Russia isn't going to invade Ukraine
  • Options
    The thing is, if there are people that genuinely have the ear of Putin then they should get in it pronto. Being mega rich is of little relevance if all your wealth and in fact the entire world is a smouldering cinder. 
  • Options

Sportswashing in a nutshell. Poor Roman. 

Except: 

Abramovich Putin screenshot
    darth vader father GIF by Star Wars
  • Options
    The thing is, if there are people that genuinely have the ear of Putin then they should get in it pronto. Being mega rich is of little relevance if all your wealth and in fact the entire world is a smouldering cinder. 
    I was thinking this the other day. Surely some of these wealthy oligarch's can't be happy with sanctions stopping them from traveling, assets frozen, banks cut out of the Swift system, the rouble crashing, and i'm sure there are other sanctions as well. I'm sure i read it was affecting at least a dozen billonaires.

At what point do they tell Putin enough is enough?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I was thinking this the other day. Surely some of these wealthy oligarch's can't be happy with sanctions stopping them from traveling, assets frozen, banks cut out of the Swift system, the rouble crashing, and i'm sure there are other sanctions as well. I'm sure i read it was affecting at least a dozen billonaires.

At what point do they tell Putin enough is enough?

When he's sufficiently weakened and no longer a threat to their lives and their wealth.
  • Options
    Another one affected.

The Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov, who has commercial ties to Everton, has had his assets frozen by the European Union as it announced further sanctions in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Restrictions include a "prohibition from making funds available" and an EU travel ban.

The Usmanov-owned company USM Holdings sponsors Everton's training ground.

Usmanov also has an exclusive naming-rights option on Everton's new stadium.

Everton owner Farhad Moshiri is the chairman of USM Holdings.

In its reasoning, the EU Council said: "Alisher Usmanov is a pro-Kremlin oligarch with particularly close ties to Russian president Vladimir Putin".

It added that he "actively supported materially or financially Russian decision-makers responsible for the annexation of Crimea and the destabilisation of Ukraine".