Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• thenewbie said:

My main concern is not that Dmitrovic WON'T be good enough. Simply that he's not yet, unless he's suddenly developed a lot since he appeared last season. His reactions, saves etc seem to be decent enough, it's the leadership that Henderson provides the defence that Marko doesn't that concerns me.

And I am not for one minute saying we definitely should get another senior keeper in on the off chance. Just wondering whether our Glorious Leader will see it and how Roberts' departure will affect things, if at all.

I'm more worried about our lack of centre backs, Central midfielders and that we only have 2 strikers. We have 5 goalkeepers
  • Reserve goalkeepers seem to me to be a logical saving that can be made by having a network as emergency loans are normally agreed for that position.
  • Buxton, the free agent from Sheffield Wednesday, has signed for Rotherham.

Water under the bridge this one
  • He's fairly well connected

Buxton, the free agent from Sheffield Wednesday, has signed for Rotherham.

Water under the bridge this one
    Wondered when this would spring up again - having said that with a name like Buxton the puns will always be on tap.

• @RichCawleySLP: Also a transfer line for Charlton in @sthlondonpress. Interested in taking Watford's Tommie Hoban on loan.
  • edited June 2015
    Cawley tweeting we're interested in signing Hoban on loan from watford.Centre back i believe
  • 30 apps last year for the league runners up? Yes please.
  • £440k on transfer market

centre back or full back

21 YO

Played 27 times last season.

and most importantly 6' 2"
  • Yes please
  • Don't be silly, all of Watford's players are already on loan from Udinese or Granada, they can't then go out on loan from Watford!
  • Sponsored links:

• foxjam said:
    Although this was 2 years ago, he looks too good for us.

He scores with his head, his right, his left & even when he's on the floor.
    he should be a shoe-in for the next Valley pitch hire video.
  • wmcf123 said:

thenewbie said:

My main concern is not that Dmitrovic WON'T be good enough. Simply that he's not yet, unless he's suddenly developed a lot since he appeared last season. His reactions, saves etc seem to be decent enough, it's the leadership that Henderson provides the defence that Marko doesn't that concerns me.

And I am not for one minute saying we definitely should get another senior keeper in on the off chance. Just wondering whether our Glorious Leader will see it and how Roberts' departure will affect things, if at all.

I'm more worried about our lack of centre backs, Central midfielders and that we only have 2 strikers. We have 5 goalkeepers
    When has 5 goalkeepers ever been enough? Keep em coming...
  • Just read on faceache that buyens done a deal with genk, belgofoot reported

have i missed this already?
  • Just read on faceache that buyens done a deal with genk, belgofoot reported

have i missed this already?

No, hadn't seen that anywhere.
  • Buyens wanted to play in Belgium - unrealistic to expect we would be getting him back
  • cafc4life said:

Cawley tweeting we're interested in signing Hoban on loan from watford.Centre back i believe

Didn't he score against us at The Valley a few seasons back? Think it was the diving twit game.
  • I think Pope and Dmitrovic are ready to be backup keeper this season. Henderson may have had a long injury layoff, but when he came back was every present wasn't he?
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think Pope will be with us next season.
  • Dick you always say this and I respect your opinion as you watch the youth all the time Do you have the inside track here?
  • Bury on loan I'd imagine.
  • Don't think Katrien rates Pope.
  • Blasphemy!!!
  • Someone last night posted on twitter that there will be a signing today! Read through his timeline and he reckons bulot and one more signing today. Make of it what u will

I would be worried if KM's opinions on players affects the manager's decision. I respect her as the lawyer but not as the football expert! Hang on a minute... this is Charlton so anything can happen.
  • Bury on loan I'd imagine.

Or permanently.
  • edited June 2015

Bury on loan I'd imagine.

Or permanently.
    Disappointed if he went to Bury on perm. Must be worth £300-500k bearing in mind we paid about £250k for Button. Doubt they can afford that.

It was Ben Roberts shout that Stephen Henderson came back into the team early last season after hendo's first injury when Pope got half a dozen games under his belt.
    The sad thing was other than the Derby clanger and one other game at home,
    He was fine, but Ben did say he was shaky warming up at Huddersfield. also the first twenty minutes in that game his confidence disappeared until he did a good save. Bob Peeters let Ben decide the number 1 keeper.
    A new Keeper coach may see Pope as the future? Not sure if Luzon or whoever will be our Head coach when the season kick off agrees.

When Henderson is fit he's the most consistence keeper we had for years.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!