Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Rumours Rumours Rumours - The Big Kahuna

Comments

• rjh157 said:

Middlesborough are their Affiliated club - Agreement to send players to help development/help borough and get first dibs on Middlesborough players.

So a bit like our arrangement with Inter Milan Valencia Liverpool?!
  • They've loaned players to 15 different English clubs, including 4 Premier League sides. Quite apart from the waste of talent, I'm sure there's an issue with conflict of interests there.

Let's say, using an extreme example, that on-loanVictor Moses bangs in a hattrick for Stoke to defeat Arsenal - Arsenal miss out on the title by a point to Chelsea. Is that fair, I think not.
  • rjh157 said:

Middlesborough are their Affiliated club - Agreement to send players to help development/help borough and get first dibs on Middlesborough players.

Other teams must be devastated to miss out on this..
  • Getting bored with the lack of decent rumours, let alone signings!!
  • Getting bored with the lack of decent rumours, let alone signings!!

do what most twitter accounts do - make some up
  • Well we won't be getting these from Bournemouth.

• Would have liked Ryan Fraser.
  • I stated earlier on this tread that Chelsea hired out the Albert hall,
    for a Christmas Party for all their loanees last season.
    I would like to correct this statement as it was incorrect.
    The Albert Hall was not big enough so they hired out;
    the Earl Court Exhibition Centre.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well we won't be getting these from Bournemouth.

Mings clearly has a lot of potential and is good on the ball, but in the PL may be exposed defensively, as he has far less experience than Cresswell who left a year earlier.
  • Buxton, the free agent from Sheffield Wednesday, has signed for Rotherham.
  • I do wonder if we are going to see another goalkeeper turn up at some stage. Henderson's injury problems last year turned out to be pretty impactful on the defence as a whole, are they happy with the youngsters as back up or will we opt for a more 'proven' back up?
  • Have you forgotten Marko Dmitrovic?
  • Buxton, the free agent from Sheffield Wednesday, has signed for Rotherham.

There was a rumour that he failed a medical with us.
  • Have you forgotten Marko Dmitrovic?

No. I just don't rate him very highly! With a new GK coach to come in it may well be some time before we know. And it's purely speculation on my part admittedly. It could well be Dmitrovic is seen as perfectly serviceable back-up but he's still pretty young for a GK and we saw how big an impact an inexperienced GK can have on the defence as a whole.
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:

Have you forgotten Marko Dmitrovic?

No. I just don't rate him very highly! With a new GK coach to come in it may well be some time before we know. And it's purely speculation on my part admittedly. It could well be Dmitrovic is seen as perfectly serviceable back-up but he's still pretty young for a GK and we saw how big an impact an inexperienced GK can have on the defence as a whole.
    With all these rumours about the 'Bournemouth three' I did wonder about Lee Camp . With Boruc and Federici in front of him I am sure he would be available,
  • Richard J said:

thenewbie said:

Have you forgotten Marko Dmitrovic?

With all these rumours about the 'Bournemouth three' I did wonder about Lee Camp . With Boruc and Federici in front of him I am sure he would be available,
    Why ?
  • I hadn't even got as far as naming specific names tbh. I wonder if Camp might not be a little expensive wage-wise for a back-up/second choice but quality wise I would be quite chuffed to have him as a second choice!
  • Lee Camp would be a terrible signing
  • Always thought Lee Camp was shite.

Popey and Marko are more than adequate to sit on the bench a cover the odd game here and there. Plenty of decent keepers out there getting splinters in their arses who we can loan in an emergency.
  • I'd put the mitov on the bench
  • Only throwing Camp's name out there because of the Bournemouth three rumour . I can see he has his detractors !

I agree with @thenewbie in that I would see him as a decent second choice / could compete with Henderson for the gloves if we can afford his wages .

We saw last season with Etheridge and Pope that an inexperienced keeper cost us points . Dmitrovic hasn't played many matches either . I also like the look of Dillon Phillips .I would like to see some of our squad goalies get loans down the leagues so they get experience . I find it interesting that both David Button and Ben Hamer barely played for their parent clubs Spurs and Reading but each had played plenty of first team games before they pitched up at the Valley .

I actually think Etheridge is not a bad keeper he just needed games. If we lost Hendo for a long period next season we must ensure that we are not caught short again.
  • Richard J said:

Only throwing Camp's name out there because of the Bournemouth three rumour . I can see he has his detractors !

I agree with @thenewbie in that I would see him as a decent second choice / could compete with Henderson for the gloves if we can afford his wages .

We saw last season with Etheridge and Pope that an inexperienced keeper cost us points . Dmitrovic hasn't played many matches either . I also like the look of Dillon Phillips .I would like to see some of our squad goalies get loans down the leagues so they get experience . I find it interesting that both David Button and Ben Hamer barely played for their parent clubs Spurs and Reading but each had played plenty of first team games before they pitched up at the Valley .

I actually think Etheridge is not a bad keeper he just needed games. If we lost Hendo for a long period next season we must ensure that we are not caught short again.

That's because we relied on them for too long. I'm not his biggest fan either to be honest, but we could probably get someone like Rob Elliot in on loan pretty easily and at short notice if Hendo gets injured and will be gone for more than a game or two without having to pay Elliott, or whoever, when we don't need them because Hendo is fit.
  • edited June 2015
    My main concern is not that Dmitrovic WON'T be good enough. Simply that he's not yet, unless he's suddenly developed a lot since he appeared last season. His reactions, saves etc seem to be decent enough, it's the leadership that Henderson provides the defence that Marko doesn't that concerns me.

And I am not for one minute saying we definitely should get another senior keeper in on the off chance. Just wondering whether our Glorious Leader will see it and how Roberts' departure will affect things, if at all.
  • Lee Camp would be a terrible signing

Bit harsh.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!