Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that confuse you

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why car makers - eg Ford - are promoting and selling features such as keyless entry, keyless start and using your mobile to  lock/unlock a car instead of using the key.   Using a key isnt an issue that needs to be resolved ! Surely using a mobile to lock a car is harder work to do than just using the key as you have to be logged in to the manufacturers App.  In this case does appear to be using tech simply for the sake of it rather than using it to make things better.

Most people already carry their phone with them, so you wouldn’t need to have the extra item re a key. Also, security wise, you’d require thumb print or face recognition to use the car via your phone. Whereas if you lost/had stolen your car key, your car could be taken.
    Phone batteries need to be more reliable to make it truly viable, but I agree keys for homes and cars will soon be a thing of the past. 

Biometric identification (eye or thumb scan, you'd need at least eye due to changing thumbrints with even a paper cut rendering them useless) would be a good solution and could be built into the car doors, resolving the need for a phone. 
    Or chips, like those cat flaps that only let in your cat.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Why do I keep seeing little piles of CO2 syphon capsules when I'm out and about? I can't help but think it's some teenage thing, but I really don't know what. I'm sure they're not all getting busy with their fizzy Soda Streams so what are they doing, have they found a way of sniffing the gas, are they using that pent up pressure to facilitate some high speed buggary or is there a more innocent explanation?  
    It'll be nitrous oxide canisters - laughing gas. You can buy them for the purposes of making whipped cream.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Why do I keep seeing little piles of CO2 syphon capsules when I'm out and about? I can't help but think it's some teenage thing, but I really don't know what. I'm sure they're not all getting busy with their fizzy Soda Streams so what are they doing, have they found a way of sniffing the gas, are they using that pent up pressure to facilitate some high speed buggary or is there a more innocent explanation?  
    Yes - gas sniffing. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    You put the little silver cartridges into a canister then release the Nitrous Oxide into a balloon. You then breath in and out the balloon for around 30 seconds and you get a rush. Feeling is similar to doing poppers.

Apparently......
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Laughing gas done via balloons 
  • Options
    Vets who return your pet, after a day with them, covered in shit. Don’t they care about the animals they are treating.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:
    Vets who return your pet, after a day with them, covered in shit. Don’t they care about the animals they are treating.
    I bet it’s not as miserable as ours today. He had a nick on his ear that he’s scratched to buggery and was covered in blood this morning. Took him to the vets and they put this on him. He’s ok but not very happy!

• Options
    iainment said:
    I bet it’s not as miserable as ours today. He had a nick on his ear that he’s scratched to buggery and was covered in blood this morning. Took him to the vets and they put this on him. He’s ok but not very happy!

No shit though.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    It'll be nitrous oxide canisters - laughing gas. You can buy them for the purposes of making whipped cream.
    I (like Stig) had wondered how a high could be attained from a soda stream.   :|

However, I have now researched the nitrous oxide angle on Frank and am now fully on board. 
      https://www.talktofrank.com/drug/nitrous-oxide#:~:text=Nitrous oxide slows down your,Taking nitrous oxide can cause:&text=fits of giggles and laughter,things that aren't there

... other than where do you get it?
  • Options
    iainment said:

Where’s the ‘aww, bless’ button when you need it. 
  • Options
    iainment said:

You can get inflatable collars, on places like Amazon. More comfortable for our animals and better on your furniture, paintwork and shins and obviously reusable. 
  • Options
    iainment said:

That’s unusual, @DaveMehmet posting about pussy and not anal.
  • Options
    Sushi. Seaweed, raw fish and cold rice .........wtf?
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    😋
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    limeygent said:
    superb food
  • Options
    Stig said:
    You put the little silver cartridges into a canister then release the Nitrous Oxide into a balloon. You then breath in and out the balloon for around 30 seconds and you get a rush. Feeling is similar to doing poppers.

Apparently......
    Cheers for the explanation Gary. Sounds fun. So, as a man in my mid fifties, should I be looking to get in on this action or should I stick to my regular treats of trainspotting, crack cocaine and Werthers originals?.
    Better known as paedo pellets in the circles I move in. Oh hang on, that makes me sound dodgy.
    nonce nuggets 

*regional names apply*
  • Options
    The rules on whether or not you can travel between Portugal and the UK...
  • Options
    Yes, with conditions, from Monday
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    It's them "conditions" what cause the confusion...  :D
  • Options
    those posts that pop up every now and again on my facebook timeline along the lines of 'I bet you can't think of a word that starts and ends in T' or 'I bet you can't think of a city whose name doesn't contain the letter E' and they get hundreds of thousands of replies. wtf are people thinking when they reply? do they genuinely think they're clever by thinking of an answer and feel the need to show off?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why car makers - eg Ford - are promoting and selling features such as keyless entry, keyless start and using your mobile to  lock/unlock a car instead of using the key.   Using a key isnt an issue that needs to be resolved ! Surely using a mobile to lock a car is harder work to do than just using the key as you have to be logged in to the manufacturers App.  In this case does appear to be using tech simply for the sake of it rather than using it to make things better.

Most people already carry their phone with them, so you wouldn’t need to have the extra item re a key. Also, security wise, you’d require thumb print or face recognition to use the car via your phone. Whereas if you lost/had stolen your car key, your car could be taken.
    Phone batteries need to be more reliable to make it truly viable, but I agree keys for homes and cars will soon be a thing of the past. 

Biometric identification (eye or thumb scan, you'd need at least eye due to changing thumbrints with even a paper cut rendering them useless) would be a good solution and could be built into the car doors, resolving the need for a phone. 
    Or chips, like those cat flaps that only let in your cat.
    They're already in our Covid jabs
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    It's them "conditions" what cause the confusion...  :D

• Options
    Why no weight of oats to ml of milk ratio on a box/bag of porridge oats ever works.

Always end up adding more of one or the other at the end.

You've got one job territory, this.
  • Options
    Why no weight of oats to ml of milk ratio on a box/bag of porridge oats ever works.

Always end up adding more of one or the other at the end.

You've got one job territory, this.
    porridge should be made with water.